SF Bay Area/ Peninsula April 23, Sole

Let’s getter done…

What dates work for everyone?
What do you guys think of having a multi theme?

=============

Date - April 23, 6:30pm

Place - Solé [BRING CASH]

Theme - baller wine

Participationers -
Alan
Larry
George
Craig
Dan
Robert
Scott
PaulB
Yao
Charlie - edited by mod
Andy - edited by non mod
Gene
Jesse
Joel
Dan K

The first week of May isn’t April, but it’s so close I’d like to jump in here if you don’t mind (or if you’d prefer we could start a separate May thread). I’ll be in town in early May and would love to put together a couple of get-togethers. I’ve had some preliminary discussions with Ashish and Alan Rath, but we figured we’d end up discussing here anyway as the date got closer.

Wednesday night May 2 I’ll be staying in the financial district and looking for something within reasonable reach of there for dinner that evening.

The 3rd I have a business dinner.

Friday the 4th I’ll be in Santa Cruz Mountains and staying in Cupertino and looking for something within reasonable reach of there for dinner that evening.

Would love to meet a bunch of the locals one or both nights!

Cheers,

Dave

Any date after the 12th is best for me. I’m hoping not, but work deadlines prior to then could keep me from attending.

I’m sorry. I don’t own any multi wines. Could you suggest another theme?

I’m out in Chicago 4/20 thru 4/22; other than that I’m open

Dave - I’m based in SF and work in fidi/Soma and would be happy to meet up around there in addition if you like

I found an alternative Italian restaurant in Burlingame if needed. Sapore is willing to waive corkage and is walking distance to Caltrain if needed. Food is solid, but nothing fancy. Also they have decent stems, but I would suggest bringing your own.

Same owner as Sole, if I’m not mistaken.

I’d vote to stick with Sole, just because they know us and we get such good treatment there. I’m open all Mondays in April, except for the 2nd.

Dave friday may 4 Saratoga or Los gatos or the very expensive Alexanders in cupertino

April looks pretty open for me, at the moment.

I’d suggest a separate thread for an SF dinner, since a lot of them city fellers may not look here. Ashish knows a lot of the SF peeps.

The Cupertino area is closer for a few in our group than our usual places. The 4th looks good, at the moment. If something comes together, we should take it to another thread (or email). I could probably pull in a few others, if needed.

We will probably not be here, but as a comment Sole is really getting a bit old. Yes we are treated nicely, but the space is cramped when we have a larger turnout and it would be nice to have a bit more variety than Sole/Italian…kind of like drinking the same wine night after night…

Maybe you should order a different dish! :wink:

Yao, George, Wes, and Alan and Ashish, thanks for the responses here and earlier in PM. I will set up a separate thread each for the two May dates and locations, so please pop in over there. Thanks!

Ok so let’s narrow down date and place.
April 16 or 23.

Places -
Paul Martin
Sole
LVMar
Martins West
Donato
Other

I think these all have waived corkage

Andrew has the connection at LVMar and I believe, Martin’s West. I think we should wait on Paul Martin’s.

I’m game. Schedule looks good…

In for 4/16; 4/23 might be hard for me coming off a debauched weekend in Chicago :wink:

For the record they are not.

Larry,
You mistaked!

Well, I found this online…

(from TripAdvisor)
Sole Surpasses
Mario De Paola and Angelo Cucco, part of the team of owners at Sapore Italiano in Burlingame, took over what had been Buon Gusto Pizzeria and transformed it into a lovely, intimate, white tablecloth establishment.

(from the SJ Mercury)
Two Sicilians: Two of the chefs involved with Sapore Italiano in Burlingame have taken over a former San Mateo pizzeria and transformed it into the white- tablecoth Sole Ristorante Italiano.