LA area folks - one free ticket for Tre Bicchieri, March 2nd

I have two tickets (only using one) to Tre Bicchieri on March 2nd, 4:30 pm at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel, 101 Wilshire Blvd in Santa Monica. If anyone from LA wants my other ticket (free), PM me.

Tre Bicchieri is the UGC of Italian wines, from what I gather. From their site:

Join us for a tasting of over 100 award-winning Italian wines! Gambero Rosso and Slow Food International invite you to the celebration of the 22nd edition of Italian Wines, the annual guidebook to the Italian wine marketplace. The Tre Bicchieri® event, considered the most important North American presentation of premium Italian wines, showcases producers who have been honored with the Tre Bicchieri (three glasses) award. Event sponsors include Acqua Panna, San Pellegrino, Grana Padano, and Assessorato Turismo.

Yes! yes it is. BONUS! I’ll be pouring at the Dalla Terra Table :slight_smile: So come and see me and say “HI”! We’ll be pouring some kick-ass Tre Bicchieri wines from the producers I work with:

Casanova di Neri

Fattoria La Valentina (This producer along with Stefano Inama was listed as one of the 10 wineries to watch in Wine Spec. in 2008, La Valentina, is an AMAZING Montepulciano producer)

Russiz Superiore (from Marco Felluga–if you had doubts about white wine being exciting, he will change your mind!)

Tenuta Sant’Antonio (Amarone) ('04 was a killer Amarone vintage, and one of the Castagnedi brothers (owners) will be there! Armando, he’s a bear :slight_smile:

Tenuta Cisa Asinari dei Marchesi di Grésy (very elegant Barbaresco)

Come say hi!

Badia a Coltibuono Chianti Cl. 2006

Avignonesi Vin Santo 1996

Sarah - sounds like Gregg Greenbaum will be accompanying me, and we’ll definitely come find you so you can give us the tips on what to sample. I have so much to learn about Italian wines, and am happy to struggle through the learning process.

Ahhh…a blossoming bromance.

It’s got so far to go before we can approach any of those present here on the board

Happy to play teacher! And what not a better way to learn than by tasting! Italian wine is so much fun and there’s still a mystery there, a wildness that has been bred out of many wines from other regions (IMHO) [berserker.gif]

ohhh, I like to play teacher, too. [blush2.gif]

Looking forward to this and thanks for tix Todd.

Looks like we might put together an impromptu Offline (dinner) after TG for those interested, but not attending…

Might have another one available - I was able to snag a ‘trade pass’.

PM me if interested. Whetrock already pussed out.