NYC Feb 12 Peking Duck House Midtown

I’ll be in town for the pizza event on the 13th. Would anyone like to get together for dinner on the 12th?

Who’s in?

Craig G
Jay H
Tom R
Derek P
John K + 1
Jay M

I should be in town as well and would like to join.

Sure, let’s see what develops. Tom

I’ll make time to see you! How long are you staying in town?

Pick a kind of food and pick a wine theme and we can make arrangements. Let’s see, Off the top of my head, in the food choices department, we have, with reasonable or no corkage,

Bobby Vann’s for Steak
Peking Duck House for Chinese
Grand Sichuan for Chinese
A Mangeorie for French
Barbettas for Italian
Avra for Greek
Txikito - Basque
L’Incotro - Italian in Astoria but worth the trip.

and hundreds of others.

I’m okay with just about any wine theme and all of these sound good for food. My cellar is strongest in Bordeaux, Rhone and younger (post-2005) Burgundy.

Keep me posted.

Possibly…

Craig is coming to NYC? Everyone…run! Run away as fast as you can.

We gonna really do this?

I’m still available.

Still interested.

Since I will see you on Saturday I will skip Monday.

The 12th is Monday, which always works for me. If no one else wants to take the lead (please do), I will make a selfish decision (pick a place near my office). Peking Duck House on 53rd Street, 6:30 pm, theme, Wines that you think Craig would like based upon his WB posts (Burg of both colors and maybe other stuff). If there is opposition to PDH, I would also go with Bobby Van’s Steakhouse on 54th, which is also near my office (there’s that selfish thing). Costs more but nothing like red meat to go with red wine.

AND if you want the totally wacko, we can go to Amma’s on 51st street. May be the best Indian food in NYC. And I’m teaching the sommelier about wine, so he likes it when we bring stuff. BUT pairings with Indian food can be tricky. Saxum works well with Rogan Josh.

I’m good with any option but I’ve read about PDH in so many posts I’d go for that as first choice.

I like most wines but reserve the right to talk trash about new world, Riesling, and anything that Robert Alfert writes about.

We can certainly agree on that. So PDH it is. Can you update the thread title to read something like NYC Feb 12 Peking Duck House Midtown?

Peking Duck House
236 East 53rd Street
Between Second and Third Avenues
Short walk from the #6 stop at 51st street and the E&M stop at Lexington and 53rd (actually all the same stop)
Let’s call it 6:30 pm
Post your attendance and I will keep a list here.

Craig Gleason
Jay Hack - I’m thinking that I will bring one of the '05 or '06 Hospices wines because I think he likes Burgundy.

I’d like to join you. Tom

bump

Smallest offline evar.

Jay, there’s a good chance I can make it. Should know by the end of the week.