2018 Hospice du Rhone - Who's Going?

As many of you know, they resurrected HdR in 2016 in Paso and are not making it an every-other-year event. The 2018 event has been finalized and announced and details can be found here:

I am just wondering who may be attending in 2018? There’s a good chance I will not be pouring as I did in 2016, but I may show up for some of the seminars, which look quite interesting (old vine CA Rhones with Tegan and Morgan, the Majesty of Guigal).

And even if I’m not pouring, it would be great if an offline could be put together (a few were created in 2016).

Cheers!

Hi Larry,

We’ll be there again and expect a few friends from San Diego and Seattle as well. Although the Guigal tasting tempted me to buy the full pass for the first time, I went a la carte again. I don’t think I would survive the full pass with wine from 9am until 9pm every day! Will attend Friday/Saturday tastings, along with the CA Rhones Seminar. May add the closing dinner, but will wait to see what friends are doing.

The 2012 event was my first, and still stands at the apex of wine events for me. The 2016 version was also a great time, and I am sure this will be as well.

Also looking forward to the “Rhone Around” dinners when announced. Truly an epic evening last time around.

Would probably be fun for you to experience the event from the other side of the table!

Cheers! [cheers.gif]

Steve

I am planning on it again, Larry.

Bruce

In for the full weekend. The best wine event I’ve ever attended.

Steve A, I look forward to catching up and drinking some good vino together!

All for doing something. Going to do just the tastings on Friday and Saturday. Will probably head up on Thursday. So need to fill dinner for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Anyone in for dinner one night somewhere. BBQ? Potluck? I attended the last BYOM BBQ way back at black oak and had a great time. I know the bbq area is no more at black oak, but I am staying at adelaida inn and there is a small bbq area there.

I’m in for a few of the events, but most likely the weekend. Looking forward to it. The offlines were pretty awesome last time.

Booked. This will be my first trip to HdR!

We will be pouring Fri. & Sat. for the first time.

Since they sold out of weekend passes so early this year, it wasn’t looking good. Faith and Vicki contacted me today; they are going to be able to fit a few more in. Looking at airfares ATM, optimistic I will make my eleventh (?) HdR.

ACL rebuild a couple of week prior so I’m not able
to go :frowning:

Woo hoo!

Bruce

I had a reservation but had to cancel because my wife is due with our second child in mid-April. I do plan to make it to one of these in the future.

Several of my friends are going to the bottle share dinner on Friday. I’ll bring some tasty stuff.

Larry… Lisa and I are definitely going to be around. We have a reunion group renting a home in the hills for a week.

We are definitely attending the Morgan and Tegan show, and also the Barossa wine seminar.

I am also attending the Friday grand tasting with two friends.

I have to say that I don’t see a bunch of the regulars posting here, and I suspect there may be some private parties going on.
Dearly love all of the folks we have met at this event over the years, and hoping to see you again in a couple weeks!

Matthew and Lisa Billet

Looking forward to the event next week! Just posted an available room on Commerce Corner as one of our Group had to cancel.

Cheers!

Steve

If anyone is still looking to get together for something Friday night, let me know.

Bruce