6th Annual Di Fara's offline in Brooklyn - February 13, 2018 - Fat Tuesday - post what you're bringi

6th annual Di Fara’s pizza + wines that don’t suck offline. Here’s the link from last year. 5th Annual Di Fara's offline in Brooklyn - Fat Tuesday February 28, 2017. - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

$43 a person, and all you can eat. Price includes tip and all the soda/drinks you can consume. Dom will make all types of pizza for 20 - 21 of our closest friends.

This is a pre-pay event. Please PM me for my Paypal address.

Di Fara’s http://www.difara.com/

Fat Tuesday February 13th 2018.

Time 7:00 - 10:00 (pizza served through 9:00).

Free street parking after 7:00. If you take the train, it’s the Avenue J stop on the Q.

Bring glasses. The theme is the same as last year - Wines that don’t suck. It seems everything goes with pizza.

They start with a round, then a square, and move on from there. Dom will make whatever we want, even if it’s not on the menu. Someone asked for a sauce and veggie pizza without cheese, and Dom made it. The balance of that pie didn’t go to waste.

After everyone had a couple of slices, we settled into the fancier pies. I always wanted to taste the artichoke pizza, the meatball pizza, the pepperoni, and yes, the onion and cherry tomato pizza. Humm. Margaret (Dom’s daughter) likes to serve what she thinks is the best pizza, based on previous sales.

Some of the wines from 2017:

2009 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Proprietary Cuvée
2004 Tua Rita Giusto di Notre Rosso Toscana
2012 Tonti Family Wines Zinfandel
2005 Pax Kobler Syrah 2011
2009 Laura Zahtila Oat Hill Estate Zinfandel
2004 Saint-Chamant Millesime Brut Blanc de Blancs (Champagne)
2001 Fontanafredda Barolo Serralunga d’Alba
2009 Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly
2014 storrs contra costa zin
Devotus Pinot Noir
2013 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill
2010 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard
2004 Lamborghini Campoleone Umbria
2013 Banshee Marine Layer Pinot Noir
2006 Villa Raiano Fiano di Avellino
1998 Pietranera Brunello di Montalcino
2004 La Spinetta (Rivetti) Barbaresco Vürsù Vigneto Gallina
2011 Rossignol Pommard 1er Cru Chanlins
2000 Di Meo Fiano di Avellino Selezione Erminia
2007 Amantis Montecucco Sangiovese Riserva or 1996 Fontanafredda Barolo Lazzarito Vigna la Delizia
2009 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Hickinbotham

Bring stems.

Bring whatever you want to share with a group. Everything goes with pizza.

Seats are held based on payment. I have to guarantee 20 attendees. The cost is non-refundable, unless I can find someone to take your seat. If there’s snow, Dom will not charge for no-shows.

So? Are you going to join us?

dh

So far:

Craig G - winner of the Stoneking auction. 2003 Scherrer Old & Mature Vines Zinfandel, 2001 Scherrer Zinfandel
Dan 2011 Quivet Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Kenefick Ranch.
Rachel + 1 2012 DeRose Zinfandel (Nick DeRose Sr Vineyard), 2016 Cameron Giuliano
Mike Pobega - 2004 Pride Cab Sauv Reserve
JayK + 1 ‘13 Gaja barbaresco, ‘15 Mascarello Fresia
Matt + 1 2003 Tua Rita Giusto di Notre Rosso Toscana
Benjamin C + 1 2014 Once & Future - Zinfandel Bedrock Vineyard, 2016 Dirty and Rowdy Familiar Blanc, and Larmandier-Bernier Latitude Champagne
Michelle Erfer +1
Jonathan Sirot 2014 Hammell Wine Alliance True Believer + Little Wings Syrah
Rob M + 1 2013 GD Vajra Dolcetto Coste Fossati + 2008 Sottimano Barbaresco Cotta
Jordan - bringing something good.
Leo
Clifton D + 1 NV Gosset Champagne Brut Rose Grande Millesimée, 2001 Kistler Chardonnay Dutton Ranch
Derek 2012 La Massa Giorgio Primo
Brent

Waitlist started.
Dennis R
Michael M
David Cohen
Kaitlyn
Ben Goldberg

Matt + 1

I would love to attend Dan!
Ben C + 1

Please add my name to the list. I will be solo

Dan — we will be on our way to Falltacular:(
Michelle might join you – I will check with them.

List updated.

When using Paypal, please send as a gift to avoid fees. I’ll ask for a confirmation around January 1.

Please note, I cleared many of the waitlisters last year, so don’t be afraid to sign up. People have been known to cancel as the date approaches.

I would like to attend (+1)

oh what the hell, Im in

Add me to the list too.

Clifton + 1

Hi Dan, am hoping to be in town, so please put me down for 1 spot. Thanks!

Add me to the list!

-Dennis

Yes, please add me to the list if possible!

Damn it wait listed another year :frowning: Does it count that I signed up for this event in last years thread?

No. Sorry. Want to go on the waitlist?

It just dawned on me that there’s a fast track to bump you onto the list. https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=146734

yes please

Dan, Id like to be added to this wait list.

Dan,

Please add to the waitlist:
Christian Galliani
Danielle Oteri
Anthony Diaz