Napa Big Guns etc.Mon Jan 22nd J. Gilberts Glastonbury Ct

I know a lot of folks get kind of busy this time of year with the holidays and vacations yet nonetheless lets see if we can put an event together. Usually we have had 6-8 people which works great. Even more is fine as more people= more variety. Last time we did a 5 course meal at Peppercorns which was fabulous. I would gladly return or we could do Salute again. I was thinking late November maybe the week before Thanksgiving or early December. Who’s interested ?

Ok this didn’t happen in December folks were too busy. Who’s interested in attending an event in January or possibly early February

Attendee list :

1. Jonathan Sirot: 2014 Maybach Materium
  2. Chris Foley: 2014 Calon Segur
  3. Dennis and Windy Kanagie: 2014 MACDONALD
  4. Tad Witherington: 2000 Peby Faugeres
  5. Joe Neri: tba

I’d love to attend one in early December. For the restaurant, either Peppercorns or Salute sounds good to me.

Any further thoughts on this?

Sorry haven’t updated this been pretty busy this time of year. It looks like we can get together a small group of 4 probably. Jay said he is interested. Could a week from today work Monday the 18th work for you Chris ? if so I will work on contacting a restaurant right away.

I would do the 18th.

Happy Holidays to you guys! Gayle and I shall catch you sometime next year.

Happy Holidays to you and Gayle. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Let’s try again for Jan or Feb who’s interested ?

Keep me on the list for the next one as long as the roads are dry. :slight_smile:

We shall keep an eye on this space. Anything good in Glastonbury that allows BYO? Only thing that gets in our way are conferences. Unlike academic meetings the main “farmer” meetings are in winter. Happy Holidays to all the Offliners.

Hi Gary
would be thrilled to have you and Gayle join us again if your schedule permits. It has to be a Monday as Dennis and Windy Kanagie would be coming from New Jersey for the event. Would either the 15th or the 22nd of January work for you ?

As For locale we have been going to Salute several times in Hartford as the food is quite good and a good value. I would be more than happy to try a new venue. Most restaurants allow corkage but I will call around to see how much and if they do. I think it might be good to hold it at J Gilberts a very highly regarded Steakhouse. What do others think ?

J Gilberts would be ok with me. It’s all back roads from where I live.
OTOH, I’m fine with any of the restaurants in Htfd. we’ve dined at previously.

I’m outside New Haven and would love to get more information about this event

Hi Matt,
Its an informal gathering of (mostly) locals. I like that Jonathan takes the lead on organizing since he knows his way around the area restaurant scene.
I’m a relative newbie so I’ve only attended a few offlines.
The theme is fairly loose this time as usual.
Two of us are bringing Napa Cabs and two are bringing Bordeaux.
There will also be Reisling, as that’s Windy’s fav.
Someone with champagne would be a welcome addition. champagne.gif

The thread on Cellartracker Forum about this event may have some additional details.

Hi Matt
I think Chris summed it up pretty well, but I can fill in more details. I arranged for $15 per btl corkage if we have less than 8 people or $12 per btl if 8 or more. J Gilbert’s serves primarily prime steaks but also has other options including seafood. Currently we have some very nice wines being brought. Dennis and Windy are bringing a 2014 MacDonald I am bringing 2014 Maybach Materium. Tad is bringing a 2000 Peby Faugeres and Chris is bringing a 2014. Calon Segur. Assuming you join a vintage champagne or a very good nv would be a great addition. Alternatively if you have a big red or a white burgundy to start with that could work. Let me know at your earliest convenience if you would like to join so I can give final number to restaurant.

Thanks for the info, I sent Jonathan a pm that I won’t be able to make this one, however I would certainly love to join in the future. The wines sound great and give me some ideas for future meetings.