Celebrate Berserkers Day in Style! Join the Bubbly Wine Tasting, Jan-27-2018, NY,NY

A group of (freq)uent flyers holds it semi annual tasting on January 27, 2018. That is a Saturday, that is the evening. Yes, you read correctly- it is the evening of Berserkers day. So, make it a good party. The bubbly theme is to be determined, but you may guess correctly- it will contain Champagne. No, not one from Swiss. The real one. Some of you have joined before. Some of you should join this time.

Where?
Agnanti
​​​​​​​Why? Because Greek food is great.
19-23 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105. Yes, we are going into the Greek neighborhood across the bridge to test the best bubbles against the best food.
Can we see more about the place? Yes, you can :slight_smile: http://agnantimeze.com

6:30pm start time. Great food. Great menu.

Who wants to join the party? It would be the perfect way to make an excuse for all the WB day shopping. champagne.gif

PS- if you don’t want to talk about miles and flying, you can still come and talk about champagne. It will be a whine free zone.

Last year’s thread is here Champagne vs. the world, Saturday, January 21, 2017, New York, NY - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

I do wish I could come, Erez, but very unlikely at this point. If that changes, I will definitely let you know, and I do have something worthy to contribute if so.

Fantastic idea, Erez!!! Let’s figure out a way to livestream you guys

Please hold a spot for me. Will plan on bringing a semi well aged vintage champagne or perhaps a well aged vintage port depending on feedback from attendees.

Semi aged vintage champagne champagne.gif

For the note above- let’s figure out how to broadcast. I’m all for it [dance-clap.gif]

You’re doing this again? neener

As long as I can have access to WineBerserkers (for Berserker Day), I’m in.

Interested champagne.gif

Sounds good, so long as the Jets are not in the playoffs.

In other words, you just confirmed your attendance neener

Hope you can make it, even if the jets make it to the playoff champagne.gif

Gary V needs them NOT to make the playoffs (again) so he can buy the team

This sounds like a great time! Miles and wine are two of the very best topics.

Added you to the list [cheers.gif]
The location is to be changed (our usual location along with the five buildings surrounding it were purchased by a developer who will demolish the building early January). I have narrowed down the finalists’ for the alternate location-90% certain we got the winner, 99.9% certain the menu stays Greek and gets even better

If you want to adopt a “Bubbly goes with everything” approach, we can probably get a private room at Bobby Vann’s Midtown for red meat and maybe also at Barbetta’s in the Theater district for northern Italian, at no extra cost, which will stop everyone else from trying to yell louder than my normal speaking voice. We are looking for something interesting to bring.

Eh, this is the off week before the Super Bowl. Precisely why I scheduled an in-store tasting that day. Sorry to miss it!

The location announced, same with start time, etc.
Agnanti
​​​​​​​Why? Because Greek food is great.
19-23 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105. Yes, we are going into the Greek neighborhood across the bridge to test the best bubbles against the best food.
Can we see more about the place? Yes, you can
http://agnantimeze.com

Bumping it up, as I need to finalize the approx space. Champagne and the Great Greek meal,
Great food,
Great Company,

Agnanti
19-23 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105.
http://agnantimeze.com

Who else wants to join about ~20 people and there about the same number of bubbly bottles?

Facebook Live Video that, so we can tag Berserkers, and other Berserkers can tag others

I’m not sure all the younger members around here are on Facebook. neener

That’s, like, for old people. Or so I’ve heard.

Exactly! Which it explains why I’m not on it.