Mike on Tour---NYC--October 17, 7 pm at Pings

Jay Miller has very generously offered to coordinate this one. He has let me know that corkage is $10 per. No theme, bring whatever you like.

I’ll let Jay follow up with further details. Love to see people if we can get a nice crowd, but probably 12-14 tops. I will have 3 other nights there :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi everyone, just post to this thread if you’d like to attend and I’ll add your name to the list.

Address is 22 Mott St
I recommend bringing glasses, I’ll bring some spares for Mike.

Attendees - 10

Mike Grammer - 2012 Michel Noellat et Fils Vosne Beaux Monts?
Jay Miller - 2006 Taittinger Comte de Champagne, 2007 Rhys Alpine Pinot Noir, possibly one other bottle TBD
Dan + Janice - 2010 A.J. Adam Hofberg Riesling trocken and 2010 Sojourn Pinot Noir Sangiacomo Vineyard
Marc Hanes - 2001 Knoll Gruner Veltliner Ried Schutt Smaragd, 2011 Schloss Lieser Riesling Juffer Sonnenuhr GG
Kaitlyn K - 2010 Paolo Bea Arboreus +1997 Domaine J. Chamonard Morgon Le Clos de Lys.
Derek P - 09 Domaine Les Goubert Gigondas Cuvée Florence.
Benjamin C +1 - 14 Keller Kirchspiel GG, Christophe Mignon Brut Nature
Tom Rippe

Tentative Flights:

Christophe Mignon Brut Nature, 2006 Taittinger Comte de Champagne
2011 Schloss Lieser Riesling Juffer Sonnenuhr GG, 2010 A.J. Adam Hofberg Riesling *** GG, 14 Keller Kirchspiel GG,
2001 Knoll Gruner Veltliner Ried Schutt Smaragd, 2010 Paolo Bea Arboreus
2012 Michel Noellat et Fils Vosne Beaux Monts, 2007 Rhys Alpine Pinot Noir
09 Domaine Les Goubert Gigondas Cuvée Florence.

I have a conflict on this night. I hope I can make one of the other ones.

Dan + Janice will attend.

Welcome!

Hello Mike and Jay and all,

I can make this so please put me down for one attendee, thanks. Will figure out what to bring and let you know.

Excellent news!

Hi, I’d like to attend and will update with what I’m bringing.

No theme of course, but in case anyone is wondering about food pairings the wine friendly dishes that I’ll usually order include

For sparkling
Crispy Silverfish and possibly crispy duck tongues if we have people willing to eat them

For whites
Fish 2 ways
Lobster Salad (esp if we have any white Burg or Chardonnay)

For reds

Grilled duck breast
Grilled short ribs
Peking Duck

Finishing with House special Fried Rice which will go with any leftover wine.

Thanks, welcome to the dinner!

Mike, bummer i miss you by a week! i get there on the 22nd it’s looking like… :frowning:

Riesling?

Always a good idea.

Hi Mike, I should be able to make it, so please put me down as 1.

I’ll be in town for business, so would appreciate any extra glasses if someone could spare. Will also think about what to bring.

Thanks!

All sounds good. Kaitlyn–welcome to the board! You’ll find we don’t bite. Much [grin.gif]

Jay, menu sounds just fine, just note that I have a shellfish allergy so the lobster salad for me would have to be sans lobster. :wink:

Thinking of a 2012 Michel Noellat et Fils Vosne Beaux Monts

No worries, we can skip the lobster salad. I only order it if we have white Burgundy or other chardonnay based wines as it’s simply good lobster and some lettuce and a light dressing.

Considering 2010 A.J. Adam Hofberg Riesling *** GG.

I’ll never turn down an Adam bottle!

Thanks for the great welcome and actually and a plus one for me!

Hi Jay and all, if there is still room for 2 I would love to attend - this being my first winebersekers offline!

It would be me +1, and I’ll bring a 14 Keller Kirchspiel GG, and most possibly a champagne - either something from Egly-Ouriet or Christophe Mignon.

Thank you!