NYC Offline; Dinner Oct 8. Welcome to Fall!

Hello wine folks of the tri-state area! This is a cross post from the Cellar Tracker forum and thought I’d reach out to more people. It’s been too long since I’ve last shared a glass with everyone, so I figured, let’s get together.

As someone who doesn’t treasure the heat, an appropriate theme seemed to be “Welcome to Fall!” Interpret however you desire.

I know Amali has no corkage and has worked well in the past, but open to hearing other options for a location.

So who’s Fall’in for my pitch?!?

-Mike

DETAILS:

Sunday October 8th, 6PM.

Location: Amali at 115 E 60th St. between Lexington and Park Ave.

Declared wines:
Me…
2010 Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine
2005 Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs La Parcelle
2003 Château Rayas Côtes du Rhône Château de Fonsalette Reserve
2007 Château Rayas Côtes du Rhône Château de Fonsalette Reserve

MC2…
1996 Château Rayas Côtes du Rhône Château de Fonsalette Reserve
2005 Littorai Thieriot Vineyard
Some rose

NYCcab…
2006 Château Rayas Côtes du Rhône Château de Fonsalette Reserve
1997 Jamet Cote-Rotie

Hi Mike - I could likely do Monday the 9th or Tuesday the 10th in the city if that ends up working out.

Hey there Derek! Great to hear from you again. It looks like the vast majority who have replied are open for Sunday night the 8th. Obviously would love to have you join but understand if I need to catch you for the next one.

Hi Mike, I’m strongly considering joining you if there’s still room later in the week. How many are you so far? Tom

Hey Tom. Would love to have you join. We’ve got 5 that 100%, then another bunch that are figuring it out. Likely going to try to get a room at Amali and start around 6PM on Sunday.

Looks like I can’t make this one. I’ll look for the next one. Thanks, Mike.

Sorry to hear that. Catch you next time.

I would have loved to join too, but I won’t be up there quite yet—still in DC. Might this thread’s group be free either 16th or 19th of October to get together?

best

Mike

There’s a chance that something comes up, but I could do dinner on the 19th. What did you have in mind?

Any spot for last minute ‘crushing’? schedule change made the PM clear. I can pull a bubbly or two from the cellar, rose included.

Yup we’ve got space! If you’re brining bubbles maybe I’ll drop one of the bottles of bubbles I’m bringing. We don’t have any dessert wines so far. Any shot you have any handy? Looking forward to meeting you.

Erez—maybe 19th for you also? I’ll post an OL thread but need someone to organize the restaurant, etc. :slight_smile:

Open to theme, whatever people might want to do, although I do have a 2007 Aubert Ritchie Chard that needs to get drunk somewhere on this trip!

Happy to do Amali again if that works. They do $0 corkage and have lot of capacity for groups which is great.

Let me see what I have at the micro cellar. Generally, I have little to no dessert wines @ home base as I rarely consume them. How many guests are we talking about? I believe I may have a 375 with some age. If you do leave one bubble outside, please consider keeping the 2005 Cédric Bouchard. Last time I had it was Jan-15. Be happy to revisit [cheers.gif]

With you we’ll be six. 2005 is coming period. Might just bring both and play it by ear. If you don’t have any (mine are all at the offsite) then no problem at all and will see you in a few hours.

I found a bottle that I marked by mistake as consumed—
1998 Alois Kracher Scheurebe TBA #3 Zwischen den Seen
Fresh from Austria :slight_smile: Would it fit the bill?

Per note below: Got it, see you there with few bubbles [cheers.gif]

TBA-OKAY! :wink:

Mike.

Just PM’d you about the 18th.

Thank you Mike for organizing, and thank you NYCcab (aka x-cab) for bringing the '06 Rayas Côtes du Rhône Reserve. Very enjoyable (again, much more on the palate than the nose, but I guess it is a period for this wine). Glad people enjoyed the '98 Kracher TBA #3.