Halćon Offline #2 - Sat 10/21 Fires be damned! It’s still on.

Despite the recent wildfires up here this thing is still on. Ain’t no freaking fire going to stop life in Sonoma County! #Sonomastrong

Notice: Soon I will start the charity auctions, benefiting locals who have lost everything in the recent fires, for the duplicate wines we will have at the event. Should have them up and running on Saturday and will run for one week or until activity stalls. The auction will have the Halcon Vineyard Syrahs from various vintners, a mixed case of Halcon Magnums plus other wines which are in the works. Still accepting donations. PM me.

The roster has been pared down and the wines are nearly all procured

When: Saturday Oct 21st early afternoon 2-3ish

Where: Mi Casa

In:
Alan (Karen?)
Brian and Dava
Paul and Jackie
Mark & Peggy
Richard and Deb
Rob Pavlovich
Greg T and Mrs Greg T
Anthony Viloria - maybe

Wines: Bold = confirmed wines on hand.
'08 Copain Halcon - Brian 1, Paul 1
'09 Copain Halcon - Alan 1, Paul 1
'10 Copain Halcon - Paul 1 Mark 1
'11 Copain Halcon - Alan 1, Paul 1

'09 Halcon Alturas - Brian 1, Alan 1 Magnum
'10 Halcon Alturas - Brian 1, Mark 1, Richard 1
'11 Halcon Alturas - Rob 1 Richard 1
'12 Halcon Alturas - Mark 1, Richard 1
'13 Halcon Alturas - Mark 1, Richard 1
'14 Halcon Alturas - Brian 1, Mark 1, Richard 1
'15 Halcon Alturas - Brian 1, Mark 1, Richard 1
'16 Halcon Alturas - Paul

'14 Myriad Halcon - Brian 1, Paul 1
'15 Myriad Halcon - Brian 2

'14 Wilde Farm Halcon - Brian 1
'15 Wilde Farm Halcon - 2 Provided by Loren Grossman / Wilde Farm
'16 Wilde Farm Halcon - 2 Provided by Loren Grossman / Wilde Farm

'14 Jolie-Laide Halcon - Brian 1
'15 Jolie-Laide Halcon - Brian 2
'16 Jolie-Laide Halcon Sample - 2 Provided by Scott Schultz winemaker

'14 Rhys Alesia Halcon - Brian 2

'15 Waxwing Halcon - Brian 2

‘15 Von Holt - 2 pending delivery

'15 A. Viloria Halcon - Brian 2

Depending on date, I’m interested. I have just a few, some Copain and some True Halcon. Totally flexible on format, bottles and people. But no ketchup.

We’re in for sure. I have all of the Copain versions, and most Halcon vintages. Can offer a mag of the 09 Alturas.

We can discuss possible dates within the thread. I’ve gotten 1 “not Sept 10th” so far. That’s too soon and in the middle of harvest anyhow. Perhaps early to mid-October?

Definitely interested, Mid-October sounds good. Should coincide with Bedrock pickup days which are Oct 7 & 14.

I’ve fallen off buying most of these lists simply due to too many years buying too much wine and being out of storage space. Every time I open one of Paul’s wines, I think I need to get back to buying from him.

I have Copain 08/09/10/11, Halcon Syrah 09/10/11, Halcon Equisito 10/12 and Wilde Farm '14.

I can’t make it on the days that Alan can. Unless he swears he’s not bringing a blinded Caymus.

I also can’t make it on the days that Alan can.

I’d be interested if Craig wants to chauffeur.

I have the 15 Waxwing, 15 Von Holt, 14 Alesia, 12/14/15 Alturas.

Jackie and I are in (of course).
Thanks for hosting Brian.

I sent you an e-mail Brian. We are looking at it. October is pretty good for us. I have a Dr. appointment on the Oct. 3. Peggy is checking her calendar.

[dance-clap.gif]

You going to be up in the Bay Area? If this is October we might be up there the second week. It’d be great to share some with with Paul and Jackie again and meet some folks.

Sonoma County west of Santa Rosa.

I’m going to throw Saturday Oct 21st into the discussion and see what everyone thinks. I’m trying to be as accommodating to ITBs as possible and Harvest tends to run late around here.
Early start, like 2-3PMish since the days are getting shorter.

Early October sounds like a possibility, hope I can make it!

I mentioned the proposed Oct. 21 date with Peggy. She thought that sounded great. It happens that our anniversary is Oct. 23. So, we will probably head up to the Sonoma/Mendocino coast for a few days afterward. Very Cool.

I also just ordered 2 X Copain 2010 Halcons from K & L. So, that I am trying to augment that lame list that I sent to you, yesterday.

[dance-clap.gif]

Interested date depending, I have 09,10 and 11 mags of Halcon Alturas

We likely won’t be there the week of the 21st. If y’all decide on the weekend earlier then we’ll look into how we can swing it.

I’m partial to the 21st since my Wife’s birthday is the 10th so I have to keep the preceding and following weekends clear on the calendar just in case. Combine that with a harvest that is running a week or two behind last year and you can imagine my trepidation. Anyhow, Imam going to update the OP with the wines we need to round up and will mark them off as we onow who will bring them. Hopefully most of you can swing this date. I want to be as accommodating as possible but at the same time want the winemakers to have the best chance possible given their constraints.

Sorry to hear the date does not work for you Adam. If things change I’ll keep you posted. It’s on Mother Nature right now.

We are in for the 21st date. Really works nicely for us as we are coming from South Florida for a work conference the following week. We will bring 2-2015 Myriad Halcon. Albert & Janet

Excellent, I’ve updated the OP.