Another Hartford Ct Offline ! JUly 10th Dish

On the heels of another Ct offline in Hartford with many of the regular gang is another offline which is currently being planned over in cellartracker forum. It will be held at Dish Bar and Grill in Hartford on July 10th at 6:30. Currently there are 9 of us interested but are still open for more. I have eaten there many times and the food and service are excellent. It is an open theme. Corkage will be probably $20 or so but I am working with them on that. I know its summer and we just had an event recently but I am counting on a few folks to join us. Past attendees or newbies are all welcome…

1. Dennis Kanagie +1: + 2001 JJ Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese+ 2001 Arrowood Monte Rosso Cabernet+ 2001 Chateau Guiraud
  2. Chris +Mary Foley: 2010 Merryvale St Helena Cabernet + 2011 Lagier Meredith Malbec
  3. Jonathan Sirot: 2005 Pierre Yves Colin Morey Chassagne Montrachets Les Champs Gains + 2009 Myriad Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet
  4. Chris+Andrea Spence:2011 Charles Smith Viognier Lawrence Vineyard+ 2012 EMH Black Cat
  5. Jacques Lewis: 2007 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne + Giraud Cuvee Rose
  6. Tad:2012 Quivet Kenefick Cabernet
    11: Joe Neri +1: 1997 Poggio Antico Brunello+ 2000 E. Guigal Chateauneuf du Pape

I think I have the list correct if anyone has any changes please correct me…

Update: They agreed to $15 per person which is a great deal, as we always have more btls than people. We are at 11 people a huge turnout for Ct. Updated list of wines above.

Jonathan

Will this offline have a specific theme? I would be a newbie to your group. I live in New Haven but I am considering a trip North.

Jacques

Welcome Jacques newbies are always welcome. Theme is open. Price range varies all over the map. Just bring something you like that are proud to share. The event looks like it has a start time of 6:30. Would this work for you ? Could possibly push back to 7 if necessary.

Welcome Jacques.
This will be my 4th offline event. Each has been great fun. I’m sure Dish will be a great place too.
I’m also excited to try some white wines (listed over at Cellartracker) I’ve never had.
One of the wines I’m bringing is a Berserkerday 2017 Purchase. The other is a Napa winery Club purchase.
Although my wife might prefer if I change one of them to a sparkler. champagne.gif

Jonathan. – Been busy but will attend on Monday. I’m good for the 6:30 start. Will bring a white burgundy.

Chris – I am looking forward to attending and meeting everyone in Hartford!

A white burgundy will be great as I am also bringing a white burg, this way we will have a nice little flight. Please post when you decide which one and I will update list of wines which I have started on post#1. Looking forward to meeting you as well as Dennis who is passing through all the way from Joizy, and seeing a bunch of familiar faces and sharing some nice wines and good food.

I think I will change for my red wine that I was going to bring. A lot of people reviewing the 2003 Cuvee de Mon Aieul are describing it as overly sweet or port like. This may to be to some peoples taste, but I suspect it wont be in my wheelhouse. Therefore, unless anyone objects, I will bring a 2009 Myriad Beckstoffer Dr Crane Cabernet. This way we will have a Mike Smith flight.

I’m real interested in seeing how the Merryvale stacks up against the other California Cabs.

It has some tough competition but I suspect it will show very well
I updated the list of wines on the first post.