NYC Offline - Tues, July 18th - UPDATED

Anyone else interested in a July mid-week NYC OL?

Tuesday, July 18th 7:15PM

Bobby Vann’s (Reservation is in Jay Hack’s name)
131 East 54th Street - Make sure you go to the 54th St Location
All in price will probably be somewhere in the $125 range with tax, tip and corkage.
Will do what we can to get a private room if we are over 10.

Theme is ‘Wines you want to share with others’

Have added additional participants from Cellar Tracker (CT)

As of right now we have confirmations/interest from:

1. Derek P - 2009 Domaine les Goubert Gigondas Cuvee Florence
  2. Thomas Rippe - 1985 Freemark Abbey Bosche & 1985 Phelps Napa
  3. Jay Hack (+1) - 2000 Usseglio Mon Aieul + 2010 Niellon Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers
  4. M@rk Prybut0k - 2012 Benetiere Cote-Rotie Cordeloux
  5. Dennis Ruhl - 1977 Chateau L’Evangile and a 2001 Torbreck Run Rig
  6. (CT) DoubleD1969 - 1996 Rayas Pignan Reserve
  7. (CT) Rackit - 1996 Pahlmeyer Merlot or 2004 Buccella Cab (Game Time Decision)
  8. (CT) mc2 wines - 2004 Blankiet Cab Paradise Hills Vineyard & 1972 Weingut J.G. Orb Beerenauslese
  9. (CT) IzeAgeComing - 2002 Turley Zinfandel Hayne Vineyard

Looking forward to it!

I’m a strong “maybe”. Looks good at the moment - can confirm by July 6. Thanks!

I would come if this develops…

Tom

I’m in. I will bring some sort of wine wine worth sharing, or two. I will send out a few people feelers while we are at it.

I’ve not been to one of these before, but would like to attend.
Will have to be “tentative” for the next several days until my work travel schedule sorts itself out, however.
Best,
Mark

I’m likely interested… when do you need a final confirm by?

-Dennis

Dennis - does Weds (the 12th) of next week work for you to confirm? This should allow us to give Bobby Vann’s enough notice and plan wines.

Thanks.

If this is the date, I can join you for dinner.

Hi Dan - the event date is Tuesday the 18th, I was just suggesting a confirm by mid next week. Let us know if Tuesday the 18th works, and I’ll add you to the list

Thanks!

18th is no good. I was responding to your post for the 12th.

Hi guys, sorry - I need another day to confirm whether or not I can make it in that night. Thank you,

M.

Hi everyone, I am officially unable to attend on the 18th. Sorry about that. M.

No worries Michael, maybe next time.

Any other interest out there?

If the event is on, I’m in!

We’re definitely on. I will call Bobby Vann’s today and update the post with the details. See you there!

I will bring a 2000 Usseglio Mon Aieul. I thought I had the 2001, but it’s the 2000.

I will bring something else for my friend. A white starter, perhaps. The crabcakes are delicious. Anyone have a preference for my second wine choice?

Condrieu? We could honor the Tour de France with a Tour du Rhone …

I like it… if we want to stick with the Rhone theme I can bring a 2012 Benetiere Cote-Rotie Cordeloux

I’ve consolidated this across the WB and CT folks who have expressed interest. We’re at close to 10, so please confirm if you’re on the fence, as we have an option for a private room with those numbers.

I’m in. Will declare tomorrow.

Tom