FINAL DETAILS POSTED (see Post #100)...Rhys Offline @ My OC Place--Saturday, 9/30 @ 2PM

Not sure how long I can hide this post in Wine Talk so I’ll try and make it about wine, not about an offline. I place it here b/c I am concerned the slower traffic on the Offline Planner is only going to catch the attention of that forum.

There is a body of work now that has emerged with Kevin and the team, now going back years. We also continue to see a variety of TN impressions about the wines (for those who not only follow the wines here, but also the Cellartacker TNs which are quite frequent). We also have schools of thought about when to drink them, and also the moving target of the winery’s experience/practice over time, as well as vineyard age across the portfolio. All of this continues to intrigue me.

For those in the LA and OC area that would be willing to revisit the sit-down format we did over here at my place, here is some of the work that we previously did, to which some of you attended:

CellarTracker! Anderson Valley Deep End tasting at my place << as part of the Anderson Valley Deep End event
CellarTracker! Rhys Tasting With The Gang << Rhys body of work Part 1
CellarTracker! Rhys Tasting With The Gang--Part 2 << Rhys body of work Part 2

I’m throwing out a shout to the OC and LA area to post interest so we can do another comprehensive look at the wines. I’d like to see some of you that attend generate TNs and post them, to increase the community’s expertise and dialogue on these wines.

With so many bottles in cellars all over the community here, we could a nice piece of service to everyone by providing more perspective. If you want in, post or PM me. My intent would be to do this in August or September.

Ashley and I are very interested, and would want to attend if no pre-existing calendar conflict.

We did one in NY I think in 2014. Maybe we should repeat.

I would be interested and have stuff going back a while.

Interested.

Mindi and I are interested

Hello! Mike and Dana want to come down and play.

We would join if the dates work

I’m loaded with Rhys and would love to do a big tasting. Count me in if it works out.

Sure, why not!

I missed that one, but I have some oldies but goodies from their lineup including a 2003 Alesia Syrah and 2004 Alesia Syrah Chileno Valley; 2004 Alesia Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast and
2004 Alesia Pinot Noir Kanzler. We once had a bi-coastal actual/virtual simultaneous Scholium tasting. We could try to do the same with Rhys.

I’m interested pending date and location.

Date Dependent

Also interested…date dependent.

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Plz check the following dates on your calendar and then post back as to your preference(s). This helps me lock in on a best fit date.

Saturday: August 26th, September 2nd, September 9th, September 16th

Any of those dates except September 16th would work for us as of right now.

They all currently work for us.

Ditto.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have a “bunch” of Rhys and would very much enjoy the opportunity to try them and others, and to meet up with follow berserkers. Of the dates given by Frank, we are available, Sept. 2 and 9 (unavailable on Aug. 26 and didn’t list Sept. 16 because of the unavailability of others). Thanks

Just need someone to organize it…