Seattle wine dinner 6/26

I recently moved from SF to Seattle and I miss my wine tasting group back home already.

I am looking for something similar here in Seattle area - a chill group chooses a wine theme each month to enjoy each other’s party and wines at a restaurant setting (or a home).

Let me know!

Hi Cindy – welcome to Seattle! I see you haven’t received any replies here, but I want to make sure you feel like you’re not getting the cold shoulder. Unfortunately I can’t help. With 2 young kids my ability to attend a regular monthly offline or tasting group is sadly limited.

Seattle is rather clique-y in general… I wouldn’t be surprised if that extended to wine circles. However, I know there are some good people on this board that are not that way. I hope you’re able to find a group.

Some of us Seattle Berserkers do get together informally once or twice a year. I will keep you in mind and make sure you get an invite or see the thread here in the Offline Planner forum next time that comes around.

Cheers!

Thanks, Ryan.

Second what Ryan said… i didn’t want to be cheeky but my response was originally going to be “with all respect… good luck”. :wink:

That said, i’ve met some super nice folks in Seattle in various formal tasting / informal tasting events. Generally i find that there’s quite a few who are willing to attend, but not nearly as many who are motivated to actually organize, myself included. :slight_smile:

+1 been to several of these… a nice group (as are most people i’ve met through wine in Seattle).

I have been looking for the same, but as many here my schedule can be a bit wonky. Perhaps we can try putting something together.

Same boat as Chris here, I’m on the road for weeks at a time and its typically when things end up happening. Happy for casual meetups or restaurants schedule permitting.

Thanks for all that chimed in.

Chris and Todd - would you like to see if we can get something together if we fix a date in June (Mon-Wed)? I am new to the area but I don’t mind finding a place that would accommodate our group.

Thoughts?

Cindy,

Welcome to Seattle! Unfortunately, my desire to attend tasting groups/events exceeds my ability. Weeknights are typically out, and weekends in the summer/early fall are tough as I’m usually out of town.

Definitely post any events and I’m game to attend if I can. And as a Ryan noted, keep an eye out for the 1-2 annual informal get togethers. Good folks and a good time.

Hi Cindy,
Hope you’re enjoying Seattle so far.
I like the idea of an informal get-together, so please add me to any list you’re starting for a meet-up. Mon-Wed’s are generally good for me. I’d say throw out a date, see what the response is

Love the idea but I don’t resurface in Washington for more than 1 day until the first week of July unfortunately. Tentatively I won’t be traveling until the 23rd in July but my schedule has a habit of changing rapidly as I’m at the mercy of my buyer’s schedules. Ill keep an eye on this thread and will definitely join if I am in town.

I could be interested, although I’m not usually thrilled about restaurant locations for tastings.
I do like structured blind tastings. Those seem to be out of style. It could be because of the huge range of wines available these days, and the subsequent range in individual tastes and preferences.

P Hickner

I would be interested and would say that Mon-Wed is best for me as well. My schedule should ease up considerably in the last half of the month and July.

I’m with Terrance and Chris, Mon-Wed is good for us as well. Same as Peter as being a bit apprehensive about restaurant locations, maybe it’s my PNW informality showing, but I’ve only really ever done tastings at people’s houses but I wouldn’t balk if that’s what people wanted to do.
We’re planning a wedding in August so our life is sort of insane right now, but if someone were to propose a date I think we’d be likely to make it, we’re motivated to attend those sorts of things but my planning brain is running at full capacity right now :wink:

Congratulations, Bryan!

“let’s throw some dates out and see”
OK - What about 6/19 (M), 6/20 (T), or 6/26 (M)? Which one works best for you?
Starting time: 7pm

I could make it on 6/19 or 6/26. Looking forward to meeting Cindy and other Seattleites.

Cheers,

Hal

Thanks!

I think we’d be available either Tuesday the 20th or Monday the 26th, let me double check to confirm but at least according to our Google Calendar we’re free :slight_smile:

Edit: Either date is fine by us!

All should work for me.

Let’s get it started. champagne.gif

Date: 6/26
Time: 6:30pm
Location: Nordstrom Grill (500 Pine St.) - ground floor of Nordstrom
Please bring your own stemware

Attendees:
Cindy
Hal
Bryan
Bryan+1
Terrance
Terrance+1
Peter
Jim
Jim+1

Any thoughts on a theme for the wines we bring? I am totally open from focusing a specific region to bringing something that doesn’t suck. My cellar is heavily French-influenced but I don’t mind buying for this occasion. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Me! + 1 (maybe)

Theme. Bring something good from ur cellar to share? More casual that way?

I would also like to attend.