2nd Annual Pre-HVS Tour Offline, Pizzeria Rosso, Friday June 16th - UPDATED

The Historic Vineyard Society event this year is on June 17th at Pagani Ranch in Kenwood. I’m planning an offline for anyone attending who will be in town on Friday the 16th. Or, for that matter, anyone who is local who would like to attend.

Theme of course is wines from the historic old heritage vineyards of California.

Roster:
Brian Tuite - 1995 St Francis Pagani 1980 Sotoyome RRV PS maybe a 2011 Bedrock Casa Santinamaria starter
Mike Dildine - 2010 Rochioli “West Block” Pinot Noir
Mike and Dana Stoneking
Larry and Lori - 2011 Bedrock Pagani 2011 Carlisle Pagani
David Mortara - 2001 Field Stone PS

Bump

In!

Excellent! [cheers.gif]

Mike and Dana are in for Friday night events and any stops on Saturday before the event.

Awesome!

Lori and I are in. We’ve got reservations at Sonoma Creek Inn, so we’d be open to either Santa Rosa or Sonoma Square. Rosso is a classic though; tough to beat that.

Updated the OP, happy to have you!

Presumably you are open to a newcomer? I have been mostly a lurker for years on this board (and the immediate predecessor for most of us). I am a new resident of Santa Rosa, now splitting my time between Santa Rosa and Milwaukee.

There are a few bottles of Petite Sirah from Fieldstone in my Milwaukee cellar. The vineyard is purportedly 140+ years old if memory serves. At least I recall them talking about 130 yr vines in the late nineties. For those who remember the commercials, Fieldstone is where the Bartles and James ad with the two old guys on the porch was made. The Petite Sirah vineyard is adjacent to the house with the porch.

Dave

By all means (the same old crowd gets stale after a while [wink.gif]), we’d love to have you!

[swearing.gif]

Bump

Bummed I will be out of town, this sounds like a lot of fun! Look forward to seeing some pictures of the bottle share!

Maybe I’ll keep it Pagani-themed - I can bring Bedrock and Carlisle Pagani 2011.

Planning on bringing a 2001 Field Stone Petite Sirah.

Dave

I’m going with old vine Pinot - 2010 Rochioli “West Block.” Vines we’re pulled in 2015.

Thanks guys, I have a '95 St Francis Pagani, a 1980 Sotoyome Petite Sirah and a 2011 Bedrock Casa Santinamaria.

What time sounds good? 6, 7?

Initial wines are…
2010 Keating Buchignani Zin
2010 Bedrock Lorenzo’s Zin
Checking into some Martinelli Jackass/Martinelli Jackass Hill bottles so these may change.

Bringing a 3L 2009 ZAP Heritage Zinfandel to the main dinner. Bought at the auction after too much Zinfandel. No better time to open this bad boy.
[berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif] [drinkers.gif]
THE 2009 HERITAGE VINEYARD ZINFANDEL
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
PICKING DATE: SEPTEMBER 26, 2010
BOTTLING DATE: JANUARY, 21 2011
YIELD: 1.548 TONS
T.A.: 6.6G/L
SOAK OUT BRIX: 25.8 °
PH: 3.53
T.A.: 6.00 G/100ML
ALCOHOL: 15.55%
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 0.16 G/100 ML
Viticultural Comments: Overall, 2009 was a nearly ideal growing season with gradual ripening due to cooler temps with daily minimums below the 30-year average. Tannins and flavors developed gradually without the usual heat spikes, but a warm September punctuated the vintage by bringing the fruit to full ripeness.
Processing: The fruit was harvested on September 26 in ½ ton Macro Bins and gently crushed and destemmed into 2—¾ ton bins. The must was inoculated with Fermirouge yeast. The cap was managed by punch down macerations for 9 days, drained into 4-1 year old Saury American oak barrels to finish primary fermentation and undergo malolactic fermentation. The wine was bottled in January of 2011 after 15 months in barrel.
Tasting Notes: Spicy black raspberry, subtle oak, accents spice notes. Cool entry with lifted mid palate, mouth watering acidity and round, ripe tannins on finish that have become a trademark of the 2009 vintage. (Ted Seghesio)

David Gates is coming through with a Ridge Pagani 2011 so I’ll have a mini horizontal Ridge, Bedrock, Carlisle.

BTW I invited David but I suspect he declines - he usually drives up from his home on the peninsula the day of the event. Has anyone invited the other HVS winemakers? Mike O, Morgan, Chris, Joel, Tegan, Bob Biale, Mike Scheiffer? Dino?