Salute Hartford Tuesday June 27th 6:30

Arranged a few offlines in the last several months and had a great time. Who is interested in attending an event in late May or early June ? Have done New Haven and W Htfd recently. Either locale is fine with me. Any takers ? Theme is flexible open to suggestions. Would like to cap at 8 people for generous pours.

Interested:

1. Jonathan Sirot - 2004 Maybach Materium
  2. Kevin Foley - 1997 Argyle Extended Tirage Brut + 2003 Climens
  3. Chris Foley- 2005 Chateau Bellevue St Emillion
  4. Jay Presbie- 2000 Lynch Bages
  5. Joe Neri- Marchesi de Frescobaldi Castelgiocondo
  6. Gary and Gayle Shulte- 1999 Chateau Monbousquet + 2015 Sec Chenin Blanc

We have room for one more person as we had a last minute cancellation, in case anyone wants to jump in at the last minute.

The event will be held at Salute in Hartford at 6:30 on Tuesday 6/27 I have a table booked for 8 people.

Sure!

We ate at the Firebox in Hartford recently and enjoyed it.
Corkage was reasonable ($20/bottle) and the service was very good.

Firebox is good. I have eaten there several times. I also like Dish a lot have been going there for years.

Depending on the date I might be interested.

If you guys can settle on a date, I’ll send it out to my Boston email list too, in case anyone else wants to drive down for it.

The only dates in May/June that I know are out for us is around the weekend of June 17th.
And Thursdays in general are not as good but not necessarily out.

Bump=Ok time to give this event a little more attention. Anyone else interested in attending ? Secondly of those who have already replied, would you be bringing a significant other ? Any other suggestions for restaurants ?

Do we have a date?

Hi Kevin
No date yet. I was thinking of trying to do a midweek event as someone expressed interest in that. However I will defer to you whether that works for you as you are by far travelling the furthest and are a repeat attendee. I would like to try to do either late June if we can get it organized fast enough which shouldn’t be a problem or early July. Can others do midweek and if so are there certain days that work ? My schedule is very flexible except for Thursday. I have been already thinking about what to bring and I am thinking it might be time to pop open an Andremily #2 as I have a bunch and haven’t popped one yet. I reserve the right to change my mind. I can assure you that it will be something pretty tasty. It might be hard to beat the Thorevilos I bought last time or the wonderful Dominus Kevin brought last time, but no harm in trying.

Pick a date and I’ll be there!

BUMP… potential date set please let me know if you can make it. Also a few spots open in case anyone else wants in or to bring significant others.

Do we have a venue?

Late June (after 6/18) works for me. The weekends and week around 7/4 are out.
Prefer Hartford/W. Hartford.
A weeknight is probably best.
Mary doesn’t seem interested at this time.

Would there be room for 2 more on the 27th ? Assuming this will be held near Hartford or New Haven…Gary & Gayle Schulte

I’ll probably bring a +1.

Can we settle on a venue and think about wines Jonathan?

Hi Gary
Was going to cap it at 8 people and it looks like you will bring us to 9 but I guess 1 more wont hurt. If everyone who has expressed interest comes we are full. The event will be held at Salute in Hartford on Tuesday June 27th at 6:30

Thanks Jonathan. If it is a problem for 9 let me know. Restaurant menu looks very good. Look forward to meeting folks that night and sharing wine.

No problem Gary even 9 people is decent pours.

I’ll mark my calendar. :slight_smile: