7th Annual Post-IPNC Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown, July 31st 2017, Carlton OR

Berserkers,

The 7th Annual Post-IPNC Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown features the 2011 Oregon Pinot Noir Vintage. I opened up registration to past-attendees and wait-listers and we’re sold out! We had 16 dropouts last year. Don’t fret – get on the wait-list by registering using the URL below.

To be added to the wait-list you must register here: Register for Waitlist

Date: July 31st 2017
Time: Tasting starts NOON sharp, but please arrive 30 minutes early so we can prep the double blind tasting.
Where: Anne Amie Vineyards, 6580 NE Mineral Springs Rd, Carlton, OR 97111
Hosts: Winemaker Thomas Houseman and National Sales & Marketing Leader Boyd Pearson
Format: Double blind. 30 unique Pinot Noirs from the Oregon 2011 vintage. Every attendee brings one magnum or 2 750’s.

-Steve

Attendees:

Andrew Rich
Andy Steinman
Boyd Pearson
Brandon Johnsen
Colleen Prince
Dan Rinke
Doug Ackerman
Durstin Selfridge
Garionn Poole
Jeff Hoofard
Joanne Trimpi
John Grochau
John Osburn
Jospeh Schenck
Kara Johnsen
Ken Pahlow
Marcus Goodfellow
Mark Stevens
Paul Willenberg
Peter Hickner
Richard Trimpi
Rick Allen
Steven Miller
Sue Steinman
Thomas Houseman
Timothy Wilson
Todd Hansen
Vincent Fritzche

Cleared - confirmed:

Morgan Hall
Brent Braun
Ryan McBrayer/Gail Cromer

Cleared - awaiting confirmation:

Waitlisters:

Tom Pavlik
Brian Imsick
Anne Imsick

Cancels:

Jean Yates
Sandra Miller
Greg Malcolm
Ian Burch

Cleared - no response:

For those new to the Throwdown you can follow our history here.

1st Annual - The shitty 2007 vintage retrospective, August 1st 2011 held at Patty Green hosted by Jim Anderson
The thread that started it all. The Bob Wood (RIP) defense of the 2007 vintage.
Another Shitty '07 Oregon Pinot Noir

2nd Annual - 2005 vintage retrospective, July 30th 2012 held at Biggio Hamina hosted by Todd Hamina
Post IPNC Oregon 2005 Tasting

3rd Annual - 2004 vintage retrospective, July 29th 2013 held at Matello hosted by Marcus Goodfellow
2013 Post IPNC Tasting of 2004 OR Pinot at Matello

4th Annual - 2002 vintage retrospective, July 28th 2014 held at Bjornson Vineyard hosted by John Grochau
Post IPNC 2002 Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown! Bjornson Vineyard, Eola-Hills July 28th

5th Annual - 2008 vintage retrospective, July 27th 2015 held at Walter Scott hosted by Andy Steinman
Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2008 Vintage, 7/27/15

6th Annual - 2010 vintage retrospective, August 1st 2016 held at Scott Paul hosted by Ian Burch
Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2010 Vintage, 8/01/16

Thank you for your diligent work Steve! I can’t wait for the event.

Have fun!

Doing a bump to let Berserkers know the waitlist is open. Furthermore, spots always open up for various reasons. Just ask Doug.

I’m surprised there’s not a bit more chatter on this one!

Who wants to take an 11 from me, can’t make it.

Quick update

We have had 2 dropouts so far. Still waiting for Brent to tell us if he’s coming.

Also have 7 who have yet to confirm.

Still hope for the rest of the waitlist.

-Steve

Update for those on the waitlist.

Still waiting on one attendee to confirm. One other just welcomed a new member to the family so could be a last minute drop out.

If you’re on the waitlist and can join with last minute notice please let me know.

My wife (Gail Cromer) and I can join last minute, because we’ll be in the neighborhood anyway. We just need a chance to pick up our contribution bottles from storage, depending on which ones you want us to bring.

Thanks for organizing!

I’m getting excited for this. Not only is the vintage my daughter’s birth year but it’s one of my favorite vintages in Oregon. I expect to see the best wines here will have great tension, good fruit and will be starting to develop some tertiary flavors.

We might be early on a few wines that could improve but I bet this is the right time to be checking in. I’ve been drinking up everything else though and have largely held on to my 11s so I don’t have much grounds to make those guesses.

As always, the discussion is just as much fun as the wines. Looking forward to seeing you all.

PS. anyone driving from NE? Durstin, Vincent, Andrew? I can’t drive right now and would love to hitch a ride.

Gonna pop my bottles tonight and make sure they’re sound. Let them sit for a bit then recork.

Steven, very nice job with the organization and kudos to Anne Amie. Lovely facility and a great venue for the 2017 tasting.

RT

+1 on both of those. Thomas generously offered to host again as well; apparently they are normally set up for IPNC events anyway so it’s relatively easy to reconfigure.

i put my notes over here: http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2320406#p2320406

Thank you, everyone, for another fantastic event.

I can tell everyone now the theme of next year’s event will be 2007! Going back to the vintage that kicked off the series.

8th Annual Post-IPNC Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown, July 30th 2018, Location TBA

I would host.