Chicago 4 May

Hi all, I will be in Chicago for a couple of days next week for an alumni event at the UoC, coming all the way from Brussels. Will be staying close to Michigan Av.

If anyone lives around that area and would be willing to meet up on Thursday 4 May for a glass of wine, I would be happy to take a bottle of harder to find wine in the US with me (I will also try to take some Belgian beer bottles for a fellow board member, so an additional bottle shouldn’t be a problem).

Feel free to shoot me a pm.

Best regards,
Jozef

Jozef,

That’s a good distance to come - I hope some of the locals can meet up with you! I’ll be there some weeks later otherwise I’d gladly hit the city and meet a Berserker from Brussels!!!

There is another offline dinner on May 16 if still in town
http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2246749#p2246749

Thanks, but I will only be in Chicago for 4 days, so that is not an option. Was just curious if anyone lives not too far away. Would be happy to bring over a wine to taste with a fellow lover who happens to be in the neighborhood.

I may be able to make it, but my schedule has been a bit crazy lately. Will know more after the weekend.

I realized I never got around replying to this thread. I ended up meeting and having dinner with Doug Sher, who was extremely generous, and poured some very interesting bottles over dinner. I didn’t take notes, but all wines showed extremely well, and I am very grateful for Doug’s generosity.

In exchange, I brought some bottles of 3 Fonteinen and Carillon from Brussels as a gift.

Perfect dinner it was!