SF/Peninsula Offline - April 10

Too soon?
Recovered yet?

My kids are away week of April 9 for SB, so the Monday April 10 would work for me.
Actually, almost any Monday works… [snort.gif]

Are we ready for another OL, or should we wait for May?

======================

Date: April 10

Time:

Place: Fey Sichuan? Other options?

Terrific drinkers:
Craig
Rama
Alan
(*Not Larry)
Dan
Gene
Wes
George?
Tom
Thomas
RobB

We were born ready.

April 10 works for me.

If this were a democracy, I would vote for either a theme or all blind.

Sure, with our group…blind and hard of hearing.
Should be fun.

I can do any Monday. Back to Sole? After the last one, I’d suggest something a little different, like anything off the beaten track. No Pinot, Chard, Cab, or Syrah.

No wine?

Sounds like I’m gonna have to source some cava for this one…

I know you have some Pinot Meunier [wow.gif]

The 10th and 17th work for me.

A friend does wine dinners at Fey Sichuan restaurant in Menlo Park. Private room, $6 corkage (iirc). Fantastic food. Nothing we had clashed with the wines at all, which included a lot of mature Cab/Bdx. (Overly tannic or obnoxiously primary wine might be a bad idea…as they generally are.) We wen hog wild with the food, and all-in was $45.

This sounds great to me.

Yep, I’m down for this. Let’s not get too crazy with the Sichuan peppercorns, though. Numb lips and palate are not good for proper wine consumption.

Well, neither of those dates are gonna work for me. Tasting on the 10th and Radiohead on the 17th.

Creep.

What Craig said. We’re not going to notice when you’re not around.

But how do we account for numbnuts who attend?

I haven’t PMed a certain one as of yet. pileon

Wes,
Do you want to call Fey Sichuan and arrange the reservation since you have been there?

I have a theme suggestion. A wine you truly love which the group will probably not love. I’m serious. Not a wine you like that’s a good value. Rather, a wine that gives you as much pleasure as a great wine. Not super expensive.

This could go bad in all kinds of ways. I say we stick with what’s worked 98+% of the time based on prior OLs with this crew.

April 10 works for me.