TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! SOLD OUT

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! UPDATED PAYMENTS DUE JUNE 1

#51 Post by Peter Simpson » May 8th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Embassy Suites is sold out for Friday August 4th. I don't know if there's some other event going on in Lompoc at that time, but it might be best to make hotel reservations sooner rather than later. We are booked into the O'Cairns.
Cheers, Peter

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! UPDATED PAYMENTS DUE JUNE 1

#52 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 9th, 2017, 10:38 am

Peter Simpson wrote:Embassy Suites is sold out for Friday August 4th. I don't know if there's some other event going on in Lompoc at that time, but it might be best to make hotel reservations sooner rather than later. We are booked into the O'Cairns.
Wow, crazy! That's the best hotel in the area (Embassy Suites) - must be a big event somewhere.

I know some were going to look at AirBNB stuff as well, get some party pads going, which would also help with transportation issues

There's a Marriott in Buellton as well, a bit of a distance from Lompoc (16 miles)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#53 Post by Peter Simpson » May 9th, 2017, 12:15 pm

IIRC Carg's place is a about 7 miles up Sweeney Rd, and Sweeney Rd is a right turn off 246 a half mile or so out of Lompoc. The road turns into a dirt path about half way. I wouldn't want to be driving home down Sweeney Rd in the dark and after a few drinks :-)

I'm guessing that taxis and Uber are going to be more available out of Lompoc than Buellton, but if someone knows for sure please let us know.
Cheers, Peter

Richard B.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#54 Post by Richard B. » May 13th, 2017, 10:46 am

Is the vineyard that far down the road?
I used google maps and it says it's less than 2 miles from one of the nearest hotels, the O'cairns Inn & Suites.
I'm not so familiar with the area so it could just be wrong.
Richard Boston

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#55 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 16th, 2017, 10:37 am

OP updated with PAID status - only two weeks remain, then the waitlist moves up, those unpaid move down to waitlist!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by George Chadwick » May 16th, 2017, 1:56 pm

I bet a lot of people on the list don't know this thread is active with a deadline.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#57 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 16th, 2017, 2:40 pm

George Chadwick wrote:I bet a lot of people on the list don't know this thread is active with a deadline.
No, just procrastinators, I think...

More updates in OP just now

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#58 Post by Sean_S » May 22nd, 2017, 10:08 am

Hi Todd,

Sean Smith + 1 are out. Will be in OC watching girls softball.

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#59 Post by Todd F r e n c h » May 24th, 2017, 4:37 pm

SIX DAYS TO GO (before getting bumped onto the waitlist!)

Adam G

#60 Post by Adam G » May 29th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Seeing as how we have a baby, we can't be so definite in any planning for August. We'll hop on to the waitlist, give others a chance to fill this party up, and re-evaluate if there are spots closer to the date. Bummed to potentially/likely miss out on this (especially having had Peter's cooking at the last Beserkerfest), but we don't want to keep a spot from somebody who can definitely go.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Francine Haight
GCC Member
GCC Member

#61 Post by Francine Haight » May 30th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Been in Alaska..sorry for the delay.
Should I mail tonight....or drop off check at your house???
Is there a way to pay this on wineberserkers.com????
Help!!

Francine Haight
GCC Member
GCC Member

#62 Post by Francine Haight » May 30th, 2017, 5:39 pm

OK.....I figured it out!!! champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]
Money has been sent via paypal......
Looking forward to this awesome event!!!

Francine Haight
GCC Member
GCC Member

#63 Post by Francine Haight » May 30th, 2017, 5:42 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
George Chadwick wrote:I bet a lot of people on the list don't know this thread is active with a deadline.
I did not know of the deadline....I was out to sea in Alaska!! [truce.gif] [truce.gif]

I just paid using Paypal.... [thankyou.gif]

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! UPDATED PAYMENTS DUE JULY 1

#64 Post by Todd F r e n c h » June 5th, 2017, 8:30 am

Hey Everybody - keep looking at the first post, as that's constantly updated with attendance. I'm working on the last few on the list to get them to commit BEFORE July 1, to give others on the waitlist as much time as possible.

Phil Carpenter is setting up some vineyard tours, apparently, for Sunday. As more details come, we'll post them.

Brent C l a y t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! UPDATED PAYMENTS DUE JULY 1

#65 Post by Brent C l a y t o n » June 5th, 2017, 11:42 am

Hi folks,

I'd love to attend but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to swing it this time. Have fun!
‘Purveyor of Plonk’
Threadsinker
ITB Sales
IG@bigdaddyb420wine

JesseC

#66 Post by JesseC » June 5th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:Hey Everybody - keep looking at the first post, as that's constantly updated with attendance. I'm working on the last few on the list to get them to commit BEFORE July 1, to give others on the waitlist as much time as possible.

Phil Carpenter is setting up some vineyard tours, apparently, for Sunday. As more details come, we'll post them.
Hi Todd I've had a family event out of town come up since this got started, I just saw that my name came up from the alternate which bums me out even more, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. Damn in-laws...
Jesse_Collins

David Wright

#67 Post by David Wright » June 13th, 2017, 8:15 am

Wifey made other plans for us and will not budge. One fine day we will make it out to CA for one of these.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#68 Post by Todd F r e n c h » June 13th, 2017, 8:58 am

Sorry to hear it, David - I've removed you from the group, and the first post. The rest of you have a couple weeks yet to confirm, but I'm guessing since some moved off the 'in' list, back to waiting, then to 'in' and I have no contact info for them that there will be openings, if others want to join in!

JesseC

#69 Post by JesseC » June 14th, 2017, 12:42 pm

For those still looking for accomodations, it looks like the Hampton Inn is open in Buellton now, at a quick glance there are currently rooms available for this weekend.
Its on McMurray right by the Marriott and Firestone brewery.
Jesse_Collins

Terence T-Bone Livingston
GCC Member
GCC Member

#70 Post by Terence T-Bone Livingston » July 1st, 2017, 7:23 pm

O'Cairns Inn in Lompoc still $161/nt for that weekend. That's where we're staying. Looking forward to seeing all you crazy Berserkers!
ITB

Bryan Cottriel
GCC Member
GCC Member

#71 Post by Bryan Cottriel » July 2nd, 2017, 8:06 am

Todd please add me +1 to the waiting list

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#72 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 3rd, 2017, 4:24 pm

Bryan Cottriel wrote:Todd please add me +1 to the waiting list
No formal waitlist at this point - if you can make it, send the payment for the tickets (See first post) and you are in!

Bruce Leiser_owitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#73 Post by Bruce Leiser_owitz » July 5th, 2017, 12:14 pm

I'm in; woo hoo!

Bruce
"Bruce you are correct."--Andrew Kaufman, 3/24/13.

Ncbarber

TICKETS: "Farm-to-Table" Pig Roast - Santa Ynez BerserkerFest! 4 TICKETS REMAIN

#74 Post by Ncbarber » July 5th, 2017, 1:37 pm

How do you pay?
Neil Barber

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#75 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 5th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Ncbarber wrote:How do you pay?
See the third paragraph in the first post of the thread

Ncbarber

#76 Post by Ncbarber » July 5th, 2017, 1:40 pm

2 tickets please
Neil Barber

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#77 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 5th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Ncbarber wrote:2 tickets please
Got em!

Phil Carpenter

#78 Post by Phil Carpenter » July 16th, 2017, 11:54 pm

***SUNDAY UPDATE***

Hey, everyone!! So I had to wait until the 15th to hear from some folks, and unfortunately, they aren't able to give us a tour. BUT! I have two things cooking...and a third pending. Here is the deal:

10am: Domaine de la Cote with Melissa Sorongon (Sashi's wife) <start time is pending!>
THIS...is truly a spectacular site. Far west in the Sta. Rita Hills...next to Radian. Sashi and Raj Parr are making truly earth shattering wines from here. Been to London a few times and seen the international crowd FREAK out while trying these.

2-2:30pm: Kessler-Haak with Dan and Ellen
No stranger to the Berserker crowd, this is the sleeper site of the SRH. Dan and Ellen share a fence with Clos Pepe and Machado Vineyard...and when you stand at the top of their chard hill, you see Hilliard Bruce. As amazing as the wines are, Dan & Ellen are even better. True gems of the valley.

I'm going to work on something in the 12-2pm window...I'll let you know as soon as I get something. If not, we'll all pile into cars and get tacos in Lompoc!

**DETAILS**
RSVP on this thread or FB page. No money, no fees. BUT, I told the folks that I will keep #'s to very low 20's. So I have to cap it at 20-22. First come first serve!!

**WHAT SHOULD I BRING?!**
I'm hoping that we can try some wine while we're in the vines. Wines seem to taste better in that setting. So please, bring a stem each, some water, and spit cup. I'll most likely have some spares in the car, but would appreciate if you can provide for yourselves.

Also, we may be running from one site to the next. So if you can bring snacks and things to eat. If I can't get a third option, we can run for lunch, but really hoping we can get three sites in.

Lastly, hoping to have order forms for the wines so you can buy any wines you like! Most likely be able to pick them up on the way out of town or at the site themselves.

Any questions, concerns, feel free to PM me on WB, or on FB...or e-mail at pcarpe41@gmail.com

I can't tell you how much I look forward to seeing you all and sharing this experience!

CHEERS!! [cheers.gif]
Santa Barbara Wine Talk

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#79 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 19th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Nice work, Phil! Did you post this in the FB group also?

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#80 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 24th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Update on details and location sent via PM - let me know if you, as a confirmed attendee (see first post), didn't receive the PM!

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#81 Post by Peter Simpson » July 27th, 2017, 8:43 am

Hi Todd, could you please give us an outline of the activities planned for Friday? We'll likely be arriving in the area around lunch time and might do some tasting depending on what's going on.

I know the plan is to harvest Saturday "dinner" some time Friday, but I'm not sure how much of that my wife will want to see. [wow.gif] [wink.gif]
Cheers, Peter

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#82 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 27th, 2017, 9:22 am

Peter Simpson wrote:Hi Todd, could you please give us an outline of the activities planned for Friday? We'll likely be arriving in the area around lunch time and might do some tasting depending on what's going on.

I know the plan is to harvest Saturday "dinner" some time Friday, but I'm not sure how much of that my wife will want to see. [wow.gif] [wink.gif]
Nothing planned for Friday as of yet - if someone wants to put a group thing together, I'm all ears. I figure folks will come in at all different times on Friday so it's tough to put something together (I might even drive up early Sat am instead, frankly, as the drive from down in OC up there on Friday is terrible)

Anyone want to put together a 'launch party' or something? At a restaurant or winery?

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#83 Post by Peter Simpson » July 28th, 2017, 10:11 am

Todd, if you are going to drive up on Friday I think the sooner you get thru LA the better. From what I've seen you'd want to be on the 101 past Sherman Oaks no later than 2pm.
Cheers, Peter

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#84 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 28th, 2017, 10:41 am

Peter Simpson wrote:Todd, if you are going to drive up on Friday I think the sooner you get thru LA the better. From what I've seen you'd want to be on the 101 past Sherman Oaks no later than 2pm.
I know - that's the question. Leave by noon or go the next morning!

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#85 Post by George Chadwick » July 28th, 2017, 11:14 am

If there's nothing else going on, Friday restaurant offline sounds great.

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#86 Post by Peter Simpson » July 28th, 2017, 11:41 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:I know - that's the question. Leave by noon or go the next morning!
Leave at 9 am and we'll buy you lunch at Industrial Eats in Buellton. Then maybe we'll do some "harvesting" whilst the ladies go tasting. [cheers.gif]
Last edited by Peter Simpson on July 28th, 2017, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Peter

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#87 Post by Peter Simpson » July 28th, 2017, 11:54 am

George Chadwick wrote:If there's nothing else going on, Friday restaurant offline sounds great.
George, the OP indicated there was a plan for Friday dinner, but that may be dependent on the location getting sorted out.

In the past we had offlines at the Hitching Post in Buellton but that's quite a drive from Lompoc. In case we need one, does any body know of an offline worthy restaurant in Lompoc?
Cheers, Peter

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#88 Post by Todd F r e n c h » July 28th, 2017, 11:56 am

Peter Simpson wrote:
George Chadwick wrote:If there's nothing else going on, Friday restaurant offline sounds great.
George, the OP indicated there was a plan for Friday dinner, but that may be dependent on the location getting sorted out.

In the past we had offlines at the Hitching Post in Buellton but that's quite a drive from Lompoc. In case we need one, does any body know of an offline worthy restaurant in Lompoc?
Let me know if something gets put together, and we'll announce it to the whole group as well

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#89 Post by Peter Simpson » July 30th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Evening temperatures in Lompoc will be around 60°F, so don't forget to take some warm clothing!
Cheers, Peter

Peter Cargasacchi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#90 Post by Peter Cargasacchi » July 30th, 2017, 8:55 pm

In the past some of the events have been "clothing optional." However due to the rapid onset of the marine layer and cold fog in the evening, you will need to bring layers, preferably cotton or material that is not readily flammable. I strongly suggest that everyone brings BOTH a sweatshirt and a warm coat, believe me, you will thank me. It gets cool very quickly in the evening. Maritime throat, foggy cold. There will be a fire, or two, so choose clothing that can get smoke smell on it. ALSO WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES THAT ARE SUITABLE FOR UNEVEN GROUND.
PeterCargasacchi
Cargasacchi.com

J0seph S c h e n c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#91 Post by J0seph S c h e n c k » July 31st, 2017, 8:32 am

With this just five days away, we are very excited. What is everyone bringing for wine to share at the party? I will be coming from Oregon, any requests?

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#92 Post by Peter Simpson » August 1st, 2017, 12:00 pm

Joseph, we are all keeping our wines secret, so we can amaze everyone with the magnificence of our offerings on the night. champagne.gif

Actually I'm going to bring that magnum of 2007 EMH Black Cat I won in the Berserker Day Auction. [cheers.gif]
Cheers, Peter

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Peter Simpson » August 1st, 2017, 12:06 pm

I would like to go help Carg harvest the pig on Friday afternoon, but my wife definitely doesn't want any part of that !!! If any of you are in the same position and would like to meet up so the ladies can get together and go off tasting whilst we harvest, then please PM me.
Cheers, Peter

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#94 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 2nd, 2017, 11:41 am

Important message sent via PM regarding transportation.

How many of us are staying at O'Cairn Inn?? Headcount?

More info on potential food options at O'Cairn to come as well

J0seph S c h e n c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#95 Post by J0seph S c h e n c k » August 3rd, 2017, 6:25 am

Ive received no PM nor know where any info is on FB.....

We are staying at Ocairns

Peter Cargasacchi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#96 Post by Peter Cargasacchi » August 3rd, 2017, 2:01 pm

I strongly urge car pooling or Lompoc Taxi. The road has 300 foot drop offs along the way, and parking is perched on a precarious precipice that drops off to the river a couple of hundred feet below. I am serious.
PeterCargasacchi
Cargasacchi.com

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#97 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 3rd, 2017, 2:05 pm

Peter Cargasacchi wrote:I strongly urge car pooling or Lompoc Taxi. The road has 300 foot drop offs along the way, and parking is perched on a precarious precipice that drops off to the river a couple of hundred feet below. I am serious.
10-4!

We've got a van hooked up (10-passenger) for folks staying at or near O'Cairn, so that might be the smartest way to go.

Mike Stoneking
GCC Member
GCC Member

#98 Post by Mike Stoneking » August 3rd, 2017, 3:51 pm

I have just secure the van for Sat night. Fist 10 go at 5pm and first come back at 10pm. Times are somewhat flexible.
ITB..............Someone has to drink all this damn wine.
Viva Berserkers!!

J0seph S c h e n c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#99 Post by J0seph S c h e n c k » August 3rd, 2017, 3:59 pm

The van sounds great and would love to join if there is room. There are two of us, plus a seat for the bottle.....

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#100 Post by George Chadwick » August 4th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Ok left San Jose at one PM I'm paying $320 for 2 nights at OCairns and a got here at 9 because of a flat tire and no one's in the bar.

Return to “Offline Planner”