5th Annual Di Fara's offline in Brooklyn - Fat Tuesday February 28, 2017.

5th annual Di Fara’s pizza + wines that don’t suck offline. Here’s the link from last year. 4th Annual Di Fara's Pizza - Brooklyn - February 9, 2016 - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

$43 a person, and all you can eat. Price includes tip and all the soda/drinks you can consume. Dom will make all types of pizza for 20 - 21 of our closest friends.

This is a pre-pay event. Please PM me for my Paypal address.

Di Fara’s http://www.difara.com/

Fat Tuesday February 28th.

Time 7:00 - 10:00 (pizza served through 9:00).

Free street parking after 7:00. If you take the train, it’s the Avenue J stop on the Q.

Bring glasses. The theme is the same as last year - Wines that don’t suck.

They start with a round, then a square, and move on from there. Dom will make whatever we want, even if it’s not on the menu. Someone asked for a sauce and veggie pizza without cheese, and Dom made it. The balance of that pie didn’t go to waste.

After everyone had a couple of slices, we settled into the fancier pies. I always wanted to taste the artichoke pizza, the meatball pizza, the pepperoni, and yes, the onion and cherry tomato pizza. Humm. Margaret (Dom’s daughter) likes to serve what she thinks is the best pizza, based on previous sales.

Some of the wines from 2014:

Myriad Cellars Three Twins Cabernet Sauvignon
'10 Tablas Creek Grenache
'09 Bedrock Griffin’s Lair Syrah
'12 Liquid Farm Golden Slope Chard and a '98 Soldera Brunello
'05 Maybach Materium
'04 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc
'07 Rhys Horeshoe Syrah and '08 Martinelli Vellutini
'99 Castello di Monsanto ‘Il Poggio’ Chianti Classico Riserva + '02 Remi Jobard Meursault 1er 'Les Genevrieres
'98 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigna Giachini. + '98 Paolo Scavino Barolo Carobric
'82 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet
'07 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo + 2010 Seghesio Omaggio
'96 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon + '09 Cavallotto Langhe Freisa Bricco Boschis

Bring stems.

A few of the 2015 wines:
07 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
08 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Mag
04 Pegau
06 Casanova Di Neri Tenuta Nuova
06 Felsina Rancia
06 Carlisle Papas Block Syrah
2008 Biserno
2011 Keenan Cab Franc
2009 Jonata Todos

Bring whatever you want to share with a group. Everything goes with pizza.

Seats are held based on payment. I have to guarantee 20 attendees. The cost is non-refundable, unless I can find someone to take your seat. If there’s snow, Dom will not charge for no-shows.

So? Are you going to join us?

dh

So Far: 21
Dan and Janice+ 1. 2009 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Proprietary Cuvée, + 2013 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill + Devotus pinot noir from New Zealand.
mattcitrang+ 1 2004 Tua Rita Giusto di Notre Rosso Toscana, 2004 Lamborghini Campoleone Umbria
RMolnar + 1 2012 Tonti Family Wines Zinfandel, and 2013 Banshee Marine Layer Pinot Noir
Ted + 3 2005 Pax Kobler Syrah, 2011 Rossignol Pommard 1er Cru Chanlins, 2006 Villa Raiano Fiano di Avellino
Dan R 2009 Laura Zahtila Oat Hill Estate Zinfandel
Gil + 3 2004 Saint-Chamant Millesime Brut Blanc de Blancs (Champagne), 2010 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard, 1998 Pietranera Brunello di Montalcino, 2004 La Spinetta (Rivetti) Barbaresco Vürsù Vigneto Gallina
Jeff D + 1 2001 Fontanafredda Barolo Serralunga d’Alba and 2014 storrs contra costa zin
Gout@mj Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly 2009
Clifton + 1 2000 Di Meo Fiano di Avellino Selezione Erminia, 2007 Amantis Montecucco Sangiovese Riserva or 1996 Fontanafredda Barolo Lazzarito Vigna la Delizia, 2009 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Hickinbotham

Waitlist:

David Cohen

***** - Paid

Yes please. Myself +1

Ted, JoAnn, Michelle and Theresa!!!

I’d love to join! Just myself

Dan, I added you to the list.

We’re up to 12.

Weekend bump.

I’m going to do my best to make it there is room so put me down.

Dan - please add me +3. Haven’t seen you in years.

Gil, I updated the list. It will be nice to see you for dinner, instead of lunch.

3 open spots; so if you think you’re interested, now’s the time to sign up.

Hi Dan,

room for 1 or 2 more?

best,

Add me to the list.

Waitlist started. In past years, many of the waitlisters have cleared due to some folks backing out. I’ll PM Paypal information after the first of the year.

Paypal info will be PM’d this evening. If I don’t hear back from you by next week, January 10, I’ll move you to the waitlist so that others can be confirmed.

When you decide what you’re going to bring, please post to the thread. Champage/white/red. Bring whatever you think goes with pizza. As you can see from the post on top, Berserkers drink a wide variety of wines at this event. [cheers.gif]

Bring stems.

I expect to bring a 2009 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Proprietary Cuvée.

Damn, looks like I missed it unless you move to the waitlist. Can I get on the list + 1 (or +2 if you can?) Thanks!

Added to the waitlist. Sometimes, Berserkers back out for a variety of reasons. Let’s wait and see.

First time poster, but I’d be more than happy if you can graciously add me onto the waitlist as well. Myself + 1. Thanks! champagne.gif

Done, and welcome to Wine Berserkers. [cheers.gif]

Hi Dan,

Can you add me to the waitlist? I definitely don’t want to miss this. Was a blast last year. Thanks. I can pay immediately.

Post #2 has been updated to reflect payments, and additions to the Waitlist.