December 5 in San Francisco

REVISED - It’s gonna happen on the 5th of December. Details to follow.

My wife, my of-age son and I will be in SF the week leading up to the December 11 football game between the loser Niners and the loser Jets. On Saturday night we will be staying at the hotel that is practically next to the football stadium. I think at the Hilton Santa Clara. We would love to get together with some of the West Coast Berserkers, preferably on Saturday the 10th, but we could do pretty much any day the preceding week. It seems a bit silly to bring coal to Newcastle, so I could probably rustle up something French, Italian or Spanish. Anyone want to pick a spot and a theme? We will have a car, but will not be driving to or from the event just in case Velebil is on the prowl.

I hear there’s a new Sizzler.

Hi Jay,
I’m probably free on the 10th! Count me in for now.

Jay I would love to join as well and would be happy to help coordinate.

Most of the Bay Area ‘regular’ offlines are either in San Francisco (eg. Ashish and I both live in San Francisco), mid-peninsula (i.e. 30+ miles north of you), or Oakland. Would you be willing to come up to the city or further north? There are many options for doing this (train, Uber, etc.) that vary in convenience and cost. If you were we would likely get better attendance. And as Craig points out, there are better restaurant options :wink:.

Don’t forget Olive Garden

Jay, are you only going to be down in Santa Clara game weekend and then somewhere else the rest of the week?

We have several restaurants where we hold our offlines (typically Mon or Tues) that give us free/reduced corkage, but that feat is virtually impossible on the weekend .

Decent chance I could get the sushi spot to accommodate us on a Saturday, if the group is large enough. San Mateo isn’t egregiously far up 101 from Santa Clara.

if there’s something in SF or Oakland, my friend and I could possibly make this

Ok, Jay and I discussed, and we have a plan developing. Jay’s actually staying in the city most of the week. Here’s what we’ll do:

Event: Offline :slight_smile:.
Date: Monday December 5th (seems to be the best date for the group)
Restaurant: Les Clos, 6:30 PM (234 Townsend St, SF)
Theme: Update: Simple theme bring wine from before 2000.

Attendees (going to plan around 10 people, but we’ll see):

• Jay + 2
  • Richard (me)
  • Ashish
  • Cindy
  • Alan
  • Craig (confirmed, will put aside his bitterness that we’re skipping the Sizzler)
  • Joel
  • Erin M

Wait list (pls confirm – I will contact the restaurant tomorrow to see if there’s any more space)

• Andrew ?
  • Eugene (probably?)

Can I get confirmations from maybes by Thursday (December 1) so I can get a final count into the restaurant? Thanks!

I could possibly do either of those days, would probably prefer Monday. And if any chance of a restaurant near the Bart line, even better.

Monday is better for me.

Thanks Rich!

Sizzler! Sounds delicious. They used to have one near where we live, but it closed and the closest Sizzler is 1,129 miles south of my house by car. Do they allow BYO? What’s the corkage?

ah, if it’s during the week I won’t be able to make it. I don’t get in until the 9th

I can make it, possibly late if work runs over, but most likely shouldn’t be a problem. And it’s the day after my 30th birthday! :slight_smile:

My preference is December 7th.

Do we have a theme in mind? Jay, are you hoping to try more Californian wines when you’re here? Or would you prefer more old-world styled wines? I can do either: I have some interesting late 90s bordeaux or CnDP available, or some mid-90s California cab.

Put me on the list please!

I may be able to attend this. Please put me on the list (or waiting list) as well.

As a theme I was thinking “pre-2000” … gives us very wide latitude in classic SF Berserker form, but could be fun and a great way to ring in the holiday season.