This Monday, Nov-14-2016 -- cfischer meets local friends and bubbles well (NY,NY)

The cfischer comes to town again. You wonder why? This time, for a good cause- trying to reduce the number of bubbly bubbles I have to sort and store this season. That’s a good friend! To ensure he does not need to take the mission on his own alone, it would be great to have few locals to join us.
L’Apicio tent. 6:45pm . I’d open all the bubbles christian would request to avoid sorting/storing them. Dan would open some great cab. If you want to bring something thats’ good, but you can just join and enjoy- no need to carry wine around . Few spots available. champagne.gif

I am interested.

Tom

…is one of those travel people that also enjoys good wine and Champagne. I’m in with a ‘good’ California cab circa 2007 - present.

Penciled you in Tom. [cheers.gif]

Bumped as a reminder. This Monday. Don’t whine, drink good wine :wink:

Bringing a '10 Maybach to balance out the Champagne fatigue. neener

Paging King Cab. [wink.gif]

I know Erez will chime in with notes, but a fast overview.

The 02 Pierre Paillard Brut Millesime seemed to be the winning Champagne last night. Even better than the 2005 Cristal.
The PP had tiny bubbles. It was very tasty. Some apples and hazelnut flavors. Good QPR.

The 02 Celebris Gosset Extra Brut was elegant and drier than the PP.

The 04 Bollinger Rose La Grande Annee was tasty. We all liked this too. The quote from the 5 of us Tasty. And who doesn’t like Rose.

The 10 Maybach Cab was killer. I drank my last bottle 18 months ago, and didn’t think it was a good as the 08 and 09. Tonight was different. Slow ox for 30 minutes, then decanted for 90 minutes. Smooth. Rich. Powerful. Dense. The tannins have smoothed out. Drink or hold. 95.

And if the above wasn’t enough, we drank the '13 Chateau d’Yquem from a 375. A baby, but oh so delicious. An intoxicating nose. L-O-N-G finish. Very smooth. A hint of butterscotch. A little cotton candy on the nose. This was a special treat.

You caught the core of all champagne.gif
Feel free to open a thread on winetalk, and post the labels. I have no pictures of the bottles. The 2005 Critsal Brut was refreshing and it did open up (first time I had the '05) but truth to be said- the audience, the level of the bottles and the votes have spoken [cheers.gif]