Orange County CA Rookies / Casual meetup?

Looking to piggyback on the LA meetup.

Checking to see if there’s people interested in getting together in OC for casual wine night.
I would have a +1.
Around Irvine would be great.

Happy to join you, David. I live in the South OC and we have a # of cork friendly places we use. Laguna being one of them, you can also do Playground for no cork if you can live to the 2 hr table rule. Whatever assist you need, let me know.

Why don’t you join us this Wednesday and meet some people as you get things started for your eventual idea?

Hey Frank,

Thanks for the invite! I would love to but it would be difficult for me to make it into Laguna by 630 during the weekdays.
I will definitely be looking out for more offline events in the future.

As for locations in OC. I’m sure there should be plenty of restaurants that we could plan around.

David, you take the lead and let me know what I can do to help.

You’re welcome to any of our chef hosted dinners, like we are doing tonight at the house. The OC crew built itself over time and there are some events that stay low pro (several small cadres of people do things), others that are posted. Just make it to one, say Hi and get to know the people. It’s a smart, welcoming, honest group of wine people.

I might be up for it, depending on time and location. Weeknights tend to be a bit challenging for me, but sometimes I can make it work.

I am also in OC. If someone could host, I can provide a vertical tasting of Saint Emilion that a friend makes.
Years would be 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2010.
Weekends are preferable.

Are people available Nov. 5th?

I would probably look into locations within Irvine, Santa Ana, Orange.

Rookie? If you believe that I’ve got some nice beachfront property along the Salton Sea that might interest you.

Seriously, the OC crowd needs to get out more! Especially those new to this hobby or OC and haven’t come out.

I am interested and the dates works for me depending on the details.

Ditto, but definitely prefer the south OC

For all that’s interested for Nov. 5th date.

If interested can you please get back to me on your thoughts?
Also I’m thinking around 5pm meet up time?
Open to other locations.

Conca D’ Oro Italian ($15/corkage)

I would probably join you guys if it’s an afternoon affair and wraps up by 5pm

As far as venues, take a look at the BYO forum for OC and there are plenty of low-corkage options. Some of my faves:

Playground Santa Ana
Who Song & Larrys
Kings Fish House
Bluewater Grill
Reunion Kitchen

All the above are $0 corkage

Hi Bob,

unfortunately I won’t be able to meet up that early on Nov. 5th.
Will have to delay.

I’m okay with any of the $0 corkage spots on another day.

I would be interested in attending more offlines. I will keep an eye on this thread for future events.

If there is an interest for a Spanish wine/food event on a Saturday night in January, I can bring the Saint Emilion for a tasting ( As long as there is no corkage and I can bring open bottles).