Anyone interested in a Haut Brion tasting at Troquet in Boston in Nov.19 8PM

I just spoke to my buddy Donn Hein who has quite a collection of HB going back to 1929. He is going to send me a '89 and I have a '90. This will be limited to 10 people on a Sat. night targeting the 26th.

Let me know how that date works or maybe the 19th.

This may be a screwup on my part being too close to the SQN OL

It looks like the preference is for the 19th

Count me in with a '64 Haut Brion. Either date is good.

So far…

Ron K - 1990 Château Haut-Brion
Donn H - 1989 Château Haut-Brion
Kevin F - 1964 Château Haut-Brion
Ron B - 1990 Château d’Yquem

I’m in. I can bring the 88, 94 or 99.

If we freeze it here we have a problem

Being it is a Sat. night Chris can only do the round table in the window which seats 8 which I believe we have.
The only solution is to switch to a restaurant in Waltham or Wellesley OR go with a weekday. newhere pileon hitsfan [truce.gif]

I’d prefer the weekend as I’m flying in, though I could probably make other days work. Any location is fine for me.

Craig, please wait two days until I sort this out. Will those who are coming planing to bring a spouse or guest?

I was anticipating being single for this one.

[quote=“K_F_o_l_e_y”]I was anticipating being single for this one.[/quote

Good [highfive.gif] meant in the best way [thumbs-up.gif]

I don’t think I ever had the 88, hopefully coming solo?

Fortunately, there’s only one of me.

[thumbs-up.gif]

Please put me on the list if there is room worth driving up from Ct for this

[quote=“Jonathan Sirot”]Please put me on the list if there is room worth driving up from Ct for this[/quote

YOU are in What are you bringing?

Donn just wrote me this
Ron,

I was just notified by this EM of this auction date. Sotheby’s Wine will round out its New York calendar of auctions on 19 November 2016 with Champagne Bollinger, Direct From The Cellars & Finest Wines.

I will be in NYC, 18 & 19 November.

A shame BUT the show (OL) will go on as planned

Attendee’s

Ron and Joyce
Kevin Foley
Kevin L
Craig G

We have room for three more

I will edit in all the wines being brought when I have the whole list from ALL the attendee’s.

Ron, et All,

I sincerely apologize for being unable to attend.

In my absence, I will make available a 1975 Haut Brion for your collective drinking pleasure.

Below is R. Parkers’ most recent review of this wine.

Bordeaux Book, 4th Edition
Date: Jan 2003 Robert M. Parker, Jr.
Rating: 94
Drink: 2003 - 2025
Current cost: $425-$850

A wine I completely misjudged early in its life, the 1975 has turned out to be a great wine and one of the top dozen or so wines of the vintage. It actually comes close to competing with the immortal 1975 La Mission-Haut-Brion, one of the most powerful, concentrated wines made in Bordeaux in the last 25 years. The 1975 Haut-Brion shows a dark plum/garnet color, a gorgeously sweet nose of singed saddle leather, scorched earth, tobacco, herb, red as well as black currants, plum, fig, and creosote. Very full-bodied, intense, with noticeable but sweet tannin, this layered, full-bodied wine is very opulent, rich, with striking aromatics. It is a fabulous effort in a vintage that has lost considerable support form Bordeaux wine enthusiasts. This is one of the exceptions. Anticipated maturity: Now-2025. Last tasted, 11/02.

Hopefully, Ron can do another Wine/Dinner in the spring, 2017!

Again, my sincere regrets,

Donn Hein

VERY generous Donn but we will miss your presence. For sure we will revisit in 2017. We will toast you with your wine. Thank you.

Jonathan Sirot is not attending

WE HAVE ROOM FOR three MORE

If not = we are going to have a hell of a small dinner party…