Is anything going on in the DC area?

If not, are any DC Berserkers interested in getting together for a dinner. Just a feeler as our community in DC seems to be rather quiet as of late on this forum.

Seems like everyone went to their little cliques after DC Domaine weekly get togethers fell apart.

I’d love to do a weekly/monthy tasting.

So let’s get something started. Maybe start at a restaurant that’s BYOB friendly and centrally located. I know a couple of other people that might be interested, though not Berserkers.

I could get a couple people. Message me if you want to sketch out some plans.

Did this go anywhere? I would enjoy being part of something as well – really miss those Domaine get togethers. PM me or reply here, thanks!

I was too late to get in on the Domaine action. my wife and I are relative newcomers to the wine world and probably don’t have the cellars most of you do, but we’d love to meet fellow wine lovers and share some wine. we live in the District.

I will be down in the area for trainings in VA just a stones throw away 5-9 December. Any chance there’s an easy in someplace?

We will be in town, if you want to check out Dino’s Grotto in Shaw, they do 1/2 price bottles (on those over $50) sun-tuesday. I could grab a bottle from the cellar as well as their corkage is cheap.

Sad news, I just learned we’re not getting rental cars…so I’m stuck in Leesburg, VA. A good hour away and working till 5pm nightly may limit where I can get to.

Speaking of opportunities for the DC wine crowd to get together:

I’m putting something social together at Ripple on Monday, November 7th. Jean-Paul Daumen of Domaine de la Vieille Julienne in Chateauneuf du Pape is going to be in DC that evening, and I’ve inviting some friends and customers to get together casually at Ripple that evening around 7pm. Jean-Paul is going to bring some of his wines and I will as well, and if folks want to BYO (Rhone or otherwise) that would be great too. I’ve got a big table reserved, and we’re just going to pull corks, order some apps and mains to share family style off the new fall menu, and split the check for food/service when we’re though.

If folks want to get together, hang out, and talk Chateauneuf du Pape with one of the top producers in the region, you’re welcome to join. Please let me know either here or in PM if you’re interested, as I’m trying to keep a reasonable cap on the numbers so the restaurant can manage seating, service, etc.

Cheers!

Let’s keep this thread rolling for ideas and events. Tentative Dino’s Grotto when Kirk is in town.

Would love to hang out, but brand new baby takes me off the wine-night-out schedule for a while…

Proof always has a 50% off list on Sunday. Including Screaming Eagle 2001! :smiley:

Really? Did not know. Thanks!

That’s awesome!

yeah. it ranges from 2 to 10 pages. some stuff recurs, some is listed as “this sunday only” – which isn’t necessarily true. the Screagle '01 has been there at 1650 or something like that every time I’ve been there.

a week or so ago, had dinner there and had Turley Cedarman Zinfandel 2014 for only $40, which is pretty close to retail.

I’ve been away from the message boards (not that I contributed a lot) - I’'m up for offlines!

Anyone know anything about this event? Seems too good to be true . . . some pretty good wines may be poured, according to flyer (linked below) for free. Surely there’s a hook . . .

Calvert Woodley and Hart Davis Hart Wine Co., the Chicago-based fine and rare wine auction firm, invite you to an afternoon of great wine and food on February 11th at RMP Italian in the heart of DC where you will be able to watch HDH’s live-streamed wine auction. For those of you who consigned any of your wines for this auction, or for anyone who is interested in rare finds or even for people just wanting to enjoy a live auction event, this is a great opportunity! Throughout the day, we will be pouring a selection of superb wines and the team at RPM Italian will prepare an array of delicious snacks to accompany the wines. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own wine(s) to share with others at the event if they so choose.

Attendees are encouraged to bring an iPad, iPhone, Android device or laptop computer in order to utilize HDH’s groundbreaking, video-enabled online bidding platform. Allan Frischman, Senior Vice President with Hart Davis Hart, will be on hand to demonstrate the state-of-the-art bidding app and assist anyone who wishes to bid live in the Chicago auction. The new platform offers real-time remote bidding, affording bidders from anywhere in the world the same opportunities as those sitting in the front row of the Chicago auction room.

https://www.calvertwoodley.com/files/calvertwoodley/AuctionExperience_021117_cw.pdf?utm_source=CW+and+HDH+Wine+Event+at+RPM+Italian&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CW+and+HDH+Wine+Event+at+RPM+Italian

mmm, the significant other will be at a spa all day. Not sure I want to get wasted by noon, but whatever.

Wasted by noon . . . sober by 5pm?