SF Bay Area/Peninsula offline Sole - August 15 *Please confirm*

Hey Peninsula peeps, Rich F. and I were chatting, and he’s actually home in August, so we thought we’d see who can get together. Looking at either the 8th or 15th, maybe back at Sole since that’s easy and they love us. So for those of you who aren’t languishing in a secret service detention facility, vote for one of those two dates, and we’ll pick the one more of us can do. Unless Larry can only do one date, then we’ll pick the other one.

I’ve invited a friend of mine visiting from South Africa (Willem, some of you might remember his wife Amanda from Wine Club in Santa Clara some years ago). And another mutual friend Guillaume.

Putting the confirmations here, for Sole on Aug 15 at 6:30

Confirmed
Alan
Rich
Gene
John
Dan - quarantine
Andrew
Chiara
Willem
Guillaume
Joel
Gurkirpal - having dinner somewhere else in the world
Ed - DNS

Oystering
Larry - chose anniversary weekend with wife over wine buddies

Got better offer
Craig

I think the 15th would be better for me.

Thanks Alan for posting this. Either date works for me!

Warning: expect Alan and I to be regaling the group with tales of our recent wine-themed trips to France!

Speaking of themes, how about Burgundy :slight_smile:? Maybe we could do a vintage or two, I’ve been starting to poke at my (red) 2001s and 2002s and curious overall to see how they’re coming along.

8th won’t work for me. 15th probably would.

15th works for now

Since the date hasn’t be determined, I am going to do a minority vote on the 8th. Will be out of town on the 15th.

Definitely down for the Burgundy vintage theme!!

Will just be back after Paris and St Andrews. 8th I think both Chiara and I will be around; the 15th she may be back out somewhere on the road. Glad to see Rich back in town!

8th definitely works. 15th is tentative. Sandi and I will be returning from our anniversary getaway weekend in Pt. Reyes on the 15th. Not sure when we’ll be getting home that day.

I love you, too, Alan… [drinkers.gif] [tease.gif]

The 8th might work for me, the 15th won’t.

I can do either - sign me up!

Can’t do the 8th. Likely could do the 15th.

I’m avail for both so let’s do both dates!! :slight_smile:

Oy… [drinkers.gif] (that would be me on the right)

Looks like an even 4-4 split so far.
I say let Alan decide…unless you want to do a poll? [whistle.gif] grouphug

OK, called Sole and got us in on the 15th, 6:30. That seemed to work for the most people, hopefully Larry will be back in time to join us.

Theme will be wines that don’t suck.

Would be good to get confirmations from everyone by next week.

Looking forward to it!

Confirmed.

Put me down as a maybe. I’ll talk with Sandi, but I suspect we’ll be playing that day’s schedule by ear.

Looks like I might have out-of-town guests. Should know very soon.

I’ll be in, if I can find any wines that don’t suck.

Better yet, wines that you can swallow…