Kentucky Bourbon Trail in the fall

I spoke to Steve Saxon a few days ago and mentioned my interest in visiting the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. I originally thought about combining it with this year’s Kentucky Derby but after considering what the potential crowds could be, I thought the fall might be a better time. I visited distilleries when I was younger but at that point, no tasting was allowed. My daughter, son in law and friends visited a month ago and had a great time.
Please reply with your interest and preferred weekends and we will see what can be put together. October is probably the best bet for this.

I’m in for that, sounds like a great time. [drinkers.gif]

Does not sound like a sharp stick in the eye. How’s the cuisine while traveling there?

I’d imagine good, but I’m going to drink Bourbon.

Gotta get T-Bone to come.

Count me in as interested. 1st weekend in October (9/30-10/2) currently looks the most open but there’s a couple of work variables at play; earlier in the month certainly better than later.
Glenn- Louisville at least is quickly shaping up to have some very nice places from what I’ve heard although I haven’t been there recently. Much of the trail itself is fairly rural so lunch, etc while out & about isn’t always anything particularly special although plenty of places have perfectly serviceable regional cuisine and often more quality bourbon than one should be drinking mid-day.

Cuisine in Louisville (“Louavul”) offers many great choices, covering a spectrum of different cuisines! Great places to eat include, but not limited to: Jack Fry’s, Decca, Rye, Feast BBQ, Proof, Mussels & Burgers, Seviche, Lilly’s, 610 Magnolia, Down One Bourbon Bar (for food & bourbon), Bourbons Bistro, Volare, and more…There are some decent little places out ‘n about as you travel to the distilleries (the town of Midway, near Woodford Reserve & Four Roses, comes to mind). Louisville is a good base, and then venture out to the distilleries. Also some great bourbon/whisky bars in Louisville (including one of GQ’s top ten whisky bars in US: The Silver Dollar). There’s the KY Bourbon Trail (Map | Kentucky Bourbon Trail) and also the Urban Bourbon Trail (Louisville bars & restaurants serving at least 50 bourbons: Louisville, KY's Urban Bourbon Trail (UBT) : BourbonCountry.com Official Travel Source). Good hotels downtown include 21C, The Seelbach (inspiration for The Great Gatsby), The Brown (both the Seelbach & Brown are nice, old hotels with nice lobby bars), The Galt House, and even the big Marriott – all but The Brown are within walking distance of many good places.