Post Chardonnay Celebration Tasting -- Sunday Feb 28, 11 am!

In the spirit of the post IPNC double blind Pinot tasting, let’s do the same except for Chardonnay!

So the day after the Oregon Chardonnay Celebration, we’ll get together at Matello and taste double blind Oregon Chardonnay. We’ll start with 2010 then move a year forward for next year and so on. If you’d like to participate, e-mail me the single bottle you’ll bring and a possible backup if someone is already bringing that one. If you want to bring both, I won’t complain :slight_smile:. If you need help sourcing, let me know. If you’re a winemaker and want to donate a bottle, we’d be forever grateful and would find something fun to trade. Marcus has gratuitously offered to host and provide stems. If you want to bring a snack, that’s always been a fun part of the post IPNC thing too.

Details
Sunday Feb 28, 1pm
Matello Winery
925 NE 7th Ave, McMinnville, OR 97128

email me at pwillen1 @ gmail with the wine you’ll bring (and a backup)

Dang, the only 2010 Chardonnay I have is one I don’t want to part with. I’d definitely be interested if I could source a bottle from somewhere.

I’m working on sourcing some things John.

I’m definitely in! Sacrificing a basketball game but I’d rather do this.

+2

I’m in, if there’s room!

Here’s the attendee list. Please let me know if I missed anyone. We’re at 16 which is beyond my target of 14 so that everyone gets a decent pour but I’m sure someone will drop last minute.

Attendee
Paul Willenberg
Rick Allen
Brandon Johnsen +1
Erica Landon
Ken Pahlow
Steve Miller
Sandra Miller
Joe Schenck
Chad Stock
Preston Schram
Josh Bergstrom
John Peacock
Scott Tallman
Sheela Tallman
Marcus Goodfellow

50/50 Mel & I will be at the Allison that weekend. Have 10 Adelsheim and Eyrie, I think.

Disqualified for not reading the ‘double blind’ description in Paul’s intro neener

It’s not DB if you already know it’s Chardonnay right?

Single blind is when everyone knows which wines are being served, but don’t know which pour is which.

Double blind is when only the host knows all of the wines and which pour is which.

I love the double blind format. We use it quite often.

We have a discrepancy as to definition. I have been taught in a DB tasting the examinee/taster knows not variety, vigneron, vineyard or vintage. Black stems or blindfolds can be used to obscure even color from the examinee/taster.

Regardless I am sorry I misunderstood.

Have fun kids.

Ok, here’s the updated attendance. Holler at me if I got it wrong.

Paul Willenberg
Rick Allen
Brandon Johnsen
Future Mrs. Brandon Johnsen
Steve Miller
Sandra Miller
Joe Schenck
Chad Stock
Preston Schram
Scott Tallman
Sheela Tallman
Marcus Goodfellow
Mike Passo
John Peacock

The time is now noon.

Do we have any duplicates yet? I just opened one of my 2010 choices and it was absolutely gorgeous after about 2 hours of air. Can’t wait.

I’ll bring some H2O as well as cheese and bread.

Where did everyone go? Is the tasting still occurring?

Unless Paul writes it’s cancelled assume it’s a go

Yup, we are good to go. brimming in fact.

I’ll follow up with e-mails on Sunday at the 2 weeks out point.

I can also tell you that the bottles coming represent some of the best of the vintage. There will be very little “well we should have had X here”

The event is now at 11 am. Please arrive early with your slightly chilled, opened, bagged wine.