Best Bay Area tastings

I’m still somewhat new to the Bay Area and wrapping my mind around the wine tastings offered up here. My favorites are in this list: https://goo.gl/eOuP45

Are there others you would add? Feel free to drop in this thread or add to the Google Doc.

Also let me know if you’re interested in attending. I live in the East Bay and work in SF. Right now I’m doing Ferry Plaza / Arlequin 1-2 times a month and Ordinaire / Bay Grape weekly.

Cheers,
Chris

https://www.klwines.com/Company/Events#5

Chris, from where you are FP and Arlequin are pretty easy to get to on Bart, so those make a lot of sense. Add K&L in SF, as Brian said. Also keep track of Beltramos, they do Saturday afternoons every week (except late fall, and early part of the year). Some good things there. Vin Vino Wine in Palo Alto is my own hang-out, but that’s a bit of a distance for you.

Thanks Alan and Brian - K&L is a great addition.

Cheers,
Chris

Aside from the weekly tastings, there are some yearly tastings that you should try to go to. In January there is the UGC tasting to taste through the lineup of an entire Bordeaux vintage. In ~October there is the Wine and Spirits top 100 tasting which is a phenomenal food and wine lineup. Those are the ones I go to every year, but there are other recurring tastings that I don’t go for regularly (Pinot days, zinfandel tastings at Fort Mason, the large burgundy tasting that alternates between here and NYC which I can’t remember the name of at the moment).

La Paulee (filling the blank for Ashish)

Chris, The Wine Club in SF has some tasting worth checking out. I’ll second Alan’s recommendation for Vin Vino Wine if you make it down to Palo Alto, also in that area Beltramos is worth a stop. K&L is also great in SF and Redwood City.

If you’re into Burgundy La Paulee is a must.

On the annual (or biennial) tasting list, I second the nominations for the W&S Top 100 and La Paulee, and I would add PinotFest at Farallon the weekend before Thanksgiving every year.

Thanks everyone! I’m doing the verticals tasting at La Paulee this year. Everything else is new to me. Thanks, I appreciate it!

It is too far for you, but San Francisco Wine Trading Company probably has best weekend wine tasting in the city. $10 for a nice flight of 6 with a theme. And for most time, they have at least one expensive bottle ranges between ~80 to ~ 150. I pretty much stop going to most of tasting in the cities, except theirs, unless places like KL, Arlequin, FPWM have some special guests.

For large tasting, Institute of Master of Wine does three tastings each year, Bdx, Napa, Champagne. They are probably my favorite tasting in the city.

Matter of Taste in 2015 actually turns out to be a really good tasting, 5 hours long and you have a lot time.

Localwineevents.com is a good source for all wine tasting events. It doesn’t cover everything, but at least the majority of them.

Thanks Shang, I had no idea about the MW tastings. They look great! Looking forward to trying a few out this year.