PDX, December

Now that I’m settled-ish in the new place, I’d love to get out and taste some wine. My December is pretty wide open at this point. I can do either weekends or (some restraint required) weeknights.

Who’s interested?

I haven’t had a chance to join any Portland events up to this point so count me as interested. Weekends are best for me typically.

https://www.cellartracker.com/forum/tm.asp?m=385310
Here is a link to a visit by Nicolas Harbour of Maison Harbour. He is looking for some interested people to taste his wines. I am not much of a facilitator, so opening the discussion to those who may be interested on this board.

I’m intrigued by this prospect.

I’m intrigued as well. Seth we should connect the dots as well!

Great, I’m game to set up and organize tastings. If needed, I’ve got access to some great cellars to cull from:)

I’m in! I can’t do dec. 12-14 but otherwise Thursdays and Fridays are ideal and some Sundays.

also, I’m sure the interest would be zero, but I can conduct a sake course sometime.

Would love to do a sake course!

Also, December 17 and 18 are great dates for me. Could probably host on a Friday, possibly on a Thursday.

If this offer still stands in May, I would absolutely take you up on this offer. I’ll be in town for a few days and know exactly nothing about sake.

When are you in town Mandy?

I"ll be in PDX from May 6-10 and May 13 with a few nights in McMinnville in between.

Hey guys, just emailing around and trying to get a group / location for a low key tasting of the Maison Harbour wines. Someone mentioned to try the offline planning here and I found this thread. I would love to connect with you all!

I expect to arrive in Portland on the 9th or 10th, I head up to Seattle for the 11th, then back down to Portland on the 12th - 16th.

I am currently on a huge road time, about 2800 miles in at this point and turning the corner from driving west to driving north today in San Diego. My issue is I really cannot organize anything… being in the car by myself for so long each day make that difficult. If anyone could find a location and choose a date from the above mentioned that would work best for everyone… I would love to come and meeting you guys and show you the wines!

Would smallwares on the 16th work for everyone?

Works for me.

How spicy are things like the Duck Breast Ssam and the Oxtail Curry? Looking like bubbly for the holidays might be a good theme.

The 16th works for us. Smallwares looks good. No problems to bring the wines in? Also what time, dinner? 6pm?

I just texted Sarah, the Manager and Somm. Shouldn’t be an issue saving space for us as they have a large back bar for overflow. The food can be customized for whatever we want. Recently we did a bunch of 07 Cotes Du Rhone there and the food worked really well.

So we are confirmed for 6 pm at Smallwares on the 16th. Do we have a theme or just bring something you think should work with the cuisine?

I am bringing a line up of 2013 Maison Harbour Burgundies. 2 Chardonnays and 3 Pinot Noirs. I would be interested in some local pinot and chardonnay if that isn’t too boring for you guys.

Great! I’ll bring a 2010 Johan Estate Pinot Noir and a 2011 Arterberry-Maresh or Longplay Chardonnay.