OFFICIAL FFII transportation thread

As it seems silly to have 30-40 people all in rental cars going back/forth to the same places (dinners, Philip’s, airport, LaQ), and DFW is not really a pedestrian town and cabs no doubt will cost more than a rental car…

if people will use this thread to help coordinate sharing cars/limos, (who is looking for a ride, who wants a ride, etc) we should be able to get the number of vehicles down so Philip’s doesn’t look like an Avis lot, and split some costs and reduce the number of drivers…

I don’t expect this thread to start to populate until people start getting flights arranged, and locals are encouraged, but not required, to volunteer to do pickups if they so desire. Most of us are at the LaQ.

I will most likely get a car as I have a personal Avis rate of $34/day including taxes so will offer to carpool with me as the driver. Whether I get a Mustang or Explorer is yet to be determined. Not sure but I’m considering arriving Thurs and leave Monday or Tues. Details to follow.

Hopefully this works like some of the college bulletin boards for rides home over the holidays. This is the official thread, I won’t post on Ebob.

I’d be in for carpooling, I am likely arriving Thursday and leaving Monday. So I’d need some way to get to the Fest from La Quinta. Of course, I’d also vote for a limo with a hot tub in the rear, but that’s just me. :wink:

If anyone plans on driving home from FFII, they are crazy. Cabs might be expensive, but they are a lot cheaper than DUI’s.

I can roll with four additional people in my ride for Thursday and Friday antics.

No way I am driving back from Sat antics…I could barely WALK last time, let alone drive. I am all for the carpool there, and actually could use a ride if someone is driving, but I’ll be taking a cab home with (so far, Linda!)

Nice ride. I remember you mentioning those rims.

Count me in for a cab ride. Last one in gets strapped to the roof.

I will be renting a car as I will have some exploring to do as I have never been to dallas. Will be in thursday afternoon til sunday afternoon. We can just order up the correct number of cabs saturday night.

Jordan, hit me up with what you are looking to do and I can stear you in the irght direction.

Have to of course hit dealey plaza. thinking about six flags friday. Not usre what else yet but like to drive around and explore.

The Plaza and The Sixth Floor Museum are super cool for history buffs. Six Flags may or may not be open. You might be able to tour The Ballpark In Arlington.

I checked and six flags is open of friday if anyone wants to go with. Been a Kennedy buff since I played him in fourth grade. Not sure if I want to do a ballpark tour, rather see a game.

Six Flags (with roadies, mind you) would be a hoot

I would like to go, but I will be busy buying and prepping last minute items.

I’m in +1 for splitting cabs Fri and Sat or carpooling.

Online Invitations & Add-Ons | Salon & Spa for Kids" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ummmm…Did the theme of the festivities suddenly change?

What? You don’t want a pre-teen make over for your hair?

My first thought when I saw it was that there would be ladies for (ahem) services provided. Checking the website made me think I was headed to a bachelorette party.