SAn JOse, CA-area BYO wine dinner Potsticker King Fri. Feb. 13: Still On

Edited to update:

Potsticker King on Stevens Creek Blvd in Cupertino on Friday February 13 after work.

Wine theme is yes.

Attendees so far (as of 2/6/15):

R. Frankel
Craig G.
Wes Barton
Patrick Friel
Alan Rath
Jon Cook
George Chadwick

Place: potsticker restaurant in Cupertino, CA where the host knows and loves red wine and we would have our own room for no charge and would be spending about $15 each for food. I really like the food.

Wines: wines you really love, not too young or tannic, that only sort of go with the food, or hardly at all. This is NOT a match-the-Asian-food-with_Riesling/Chablis/Gewurz dinner. I will bring an older Cabernet, some kind of Burgundy, and a Shiraz. And a Donnhoff. But if you bring a white, that’s just fine too.

Express ambivalent inchoate interest here.

I have a sense that I may or may not become interested at some point in the future.

I could care less about the day of the week, but not much, and I dont.

Is this BYO idea/clue? [scratch.gif]

Possibly interested if you end up picking a weekend day that I’m not working. Weekdays would be impossible for me in San Jose.

Aren’t all restaurants in Cupertino Chinese [scratch.gif]

Depending on the date I might be able to attend given I work in SJ. The real issue I have is what the hell do I do in-between work and dinner. I hate it down here [help.gif]

I can play. Would prefer sooner rather than later. How about Feb. 1st? That’s Groundhog’s Eve.

Feb 1 is Super Bowl so that’s probably out.

I’d be up for a Friday.

I had to pass on the weeknight peninsula offlines when my workday wake-up changed to 4:30AM. pileon

Feb works for me except the 27th.

Feb 20 is the second night of Chinese New Year which may affect what we can do at Chinese restaurants.

In terms of March, the 13th is probably out for me but the rest of the Fridays work.

I will process and propose midweek. A Friday night or Sunday afternoon in February.

I honestly have no idea if I might have been interested had this been posted yesterday. Or tomorrow. Or in a galaxy far, far, away. But I could be interested, if it doesn’t conflict with something else in which I could become interested at any point in the future. Assuming I haven’t been abducted by aliens before then. Or if I have been abducted by aliens, that I still like wine, and not fermented cerebralspinal fluid. Of course, I may have already been abducted by aliens at some point in the past, and just not know it. Because, from what I understand, they don’t really tell you…

Be careful. Alan posts about Roulot, but he serves Caymus.

The previous post may or may not have been due to heat exhaustion, or having been previously abducted by aliens, or something else entirely. We may never know, and more importantly may not really care to know…

The aliens told me that Caymus was Roulot. Honest.

Did they get confused about which end to probe?? [wow.gif]

I did wonder why they called themselves “proctogenarians”

Ok I propose Potsticker King on Stevens Creek Blvd in Cupertino on Friday February 13 after work. Wine theme is yes.

Eek! Friday the 13th bad luck!

Anyway, I fly out early the next morning, so have to bail.

OK. I’m in.

Sounds good. I’m in.