IMPORTANT UPDATE!! Playground (OC)--July 24th, Thursday @ 5PM

Does anyone want to share a bottle and some dinner at Playground on the evening of 7/24? Just drop a post back if you’d like to meet.

As for a theme, how about anything AFWE.

I can probably make that work

AFWE?

Yes, please.

I can do that. Add my name please.

So far I am open that day. Please add me. Thanks.

Thanks guys. Keep posting.

Arnie, yes, AFWE. [beg.gif]

Frank if you’ll take a +1 I can come with my wife. Let me know. (She loves the Playground and wine so no hall pass for me)

p. s. I’ll dredge up an AFWE somewhere! [cheers.gif]

Guess I could pour off 3/4 of one of my usual bottles and refill it with water…
[snort.gif]

NO NO NO, 1/2 water and 1/2 pure acid. [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Dennis, sure, love to have your wife join us again–haven’t seen you since Liquid Farm.

Arnie, you’re such a wise guy. [snort.gif] back at you!

FM3 - Fe and I would like to join you if there is room. I think I have some AFWE somewhere :slight_smile:

Ok, we look to be 9 people. We should cap it at 10 so we can add one more person to the table.

As to AFWE, what I mean, the definition (it’s really a sarcastic label, of course) will vary from person to person. Since I am the host of said event, let me offer my definition. AFWE for the context of this evening would be wines to me that are generally higher in acid, lower in alc and without or minimal new wood, leaner in texture. Examples in my definition would be producers like Wind Gap, Kutch, Rhys, Copain. There are a # of other producers and styles that are thematic of the AFWE tag but those are mine. I find the term of funny but it does help me to indicate the theme I am setting for the night.

In other words, French Wines? neener

Don’t be so literal. blahblah

Well shoot. I do not land from Tahoe until 9pm.

we’ll send the private berserker plane to pick you up Leslie, you will be here before the first course is served :slight_smile:

Add me for now, I’ll get back ASAP if it won’t work.

I can pick you up and we can carpool if you like. Maybe meet at like 5 and Oso? Just let me know.

Andrew,

It would be easy for you to catch a ride with my wife and I as we live in Coto. She doesn’t imbibe more than a sip or two of a few of the wines so she usually acts as my DD so I can enjoy a more robust sampling. You are welcome to hitch a ride anytime. Also Frank we can offer the same to you if you live nearby.

Dennis

Good Sunday, everyone.

If you have posted above that you would attend, I will count you so there’s no reason to re-post your RSVP. However, if your plan has changed and you won’t be making it this Thursday, please post so I can remove you from the reservation.

See you all this Thursday for some fun and AFWE wine.