DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

Announcements and planning of Offline events
Message
Author
User avatar
Joe S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 892
Joined: January 18th, 2013, 8:31 pm
Location: DFW Metroplex

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#51 Post by Joe S. » October 4th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Hi John,

Sent you a PM a few days ago. Not sure you received it - let me know if I should resend.

Joe
-- J. 'eS-eye-dee-dee-ay-eL-eL-
BornToRhone (CT)

Darin Kendrick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 202
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#52 Post by Darin Kendrick » October 5th, 2018, 3:43 pm

I am a strong yes to make this. Seems like you have it covered but I have a few good restaurants that would likely host us if needed.
ITB Domaine Glennon

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#53 Post by K John Joseph » October 10th, 2018, 9:04 am

This is a hard go. I will be reaching out to setup an RSVP list for the two evenings and will provide additional detail shortly.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 13914
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#54 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 11th, 2018, 4:09 am

K John Joseph wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 9:04 am
This is a hard go.
SO hard! [training.gif]
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

User avatar
Izzy Nosnik
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 180
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: DALLAS

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#55 Post by Izzy Nosnik » October 16th, 2018, 10:53 am

I'm an almost yes for this. Prob plus one for part of it. How am I just finidng out about this???

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#56 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 16th, 2018, 10:57 am

Izzy Nosnik wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 10:53 am
I'm an almost yes for this. Prob plus one for part of it. How am I just finidng out about this???
No idea
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Mike Grammer
Posts: 5296
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 7:19 am
Location: Toronto

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#57 Post by Mike Grammer » October 17th, 2018, 8:55 am

FWIW, Phill Carpenter, Jim McClure, Brian Stump, Phil Marshall (may have missed him chiming in on this thread) and Tom Floyd all expressed general OL interest in the City-by-City database thread.

I hope to get down there sometime soon---had a lovely visit past weekend with John and Kristin Webber from San Antonio. You might reach out to them also...

Have fun!

Mike

User avatar
Joe Dulworth
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 2:10 pm
Location: Arlington, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#58 Post by Joe Dulworth » October 17th, 2018, 9:46 am

Mike Grammer wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 8:55 am
FWIW, Phill Carpenter, Jim McClure, Brian Stump, Phil Marshall (may have missed him chiming in on this thread) and Tom Floyd all expressed general OL interest in the City-by-City database thread.

I hope to get down there sometime soon---had a lovely visit past weekend with John and Kristin Webber from San Antonio. You might reach out to them also...

Have fun!

Mike
Every one of those guys is in a monthly tasting group that I run. Say the word and I can invite them if you want to expand this.
wineismylife

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ wineismylife net

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#59 Post by Tom Reddick » October 17th, 2018, 9:37 pm

I responded to PM as unsure- but now safe for me to commit and would welcome the chance to meet our fearless leaders.

Friday is when I could most easily make it. Most of my cellar is Burg and Riesling- but I have a couple of younger magnums of Produttori Barbaresco I could bring (2014 regular and 2011 Riserva Ovello) if those would be suitable.
ITB

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#60 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 18th, 2018, 8:43 am

Tom Reddick wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 9:37 pm
I responded to PM as unsure- but now safe for me to commit and would welcome the chance to meet our fearless leaders.

Friday is when I could most easily make it. Most of my cellar is Burg and Riesling- but I have a couple of younger magnums of Produttori Barbaresco I could bring (2014 regular and 2011 Riserva Ovello) if those would be suitable.
My wife is coming????

As for the Burg and Riesling, I'm game, baby - I like everything but Pinotage and syrupy Cabs. If someone brings a damn Caymus 40th I'm out!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#61 Post by Tom Reddick » October 18th, 2018, 9:14 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 8:43 am
Tom Reddick wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 9:37 pm
I responded to PM as unsure- but now safe for me to commit and would welcome the chance to meet our fearless leaders.

Friday is when I could most easily make it. Most of my cellar is Burg and Riesling- but I have a couple of younger magnums of Produttori Barbaresco I could bring (2014 regular and 2011 Riserva Ovello) if those would be suitable.
My wife is coming????

As for the Burg and Riesling, I'm game, baby - I like everything but Pinotage and syrupy Cabs. If someone brings a damn Caymus 40th I'm out!
Cool. How many are we Friday? (Am I officially on that list?) Depending on body count I could also bring either a bottle of Schaefer Spatlese Auction or a magnum of Haag Spatlese Auction in prime drinking time.
ITB

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#62 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 18th, 2018, 9:16 am

Tom Reddick wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 9:14 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 8:43 am
Tom Reddick wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 9:37 pm
I responded to PM as unsure- but now safe for me to commit and would welcome the chance to meet our fearless leaders.

Friday is when I could most easily make it. Most of my cellar is Burg and Riesling- but I have a couple of younger magnums of Produttori Barbaresco I could bring (2014 regular and 2011 Riserva Ovello) if those would be suitable.
My wife is coming????

As for the Burg and Riesling, I'm game, baby - I like everything but Pinotage and syrupy Cabs. If someone brings a damn Caymus 40th I'm out!
Cool. How many are we Friday? (Am I officially on that list?) Depending on body count I could also bring either a bottle of Schaefer Spatlese Auction or a magnum of Haag Spatlese Auction in prime drinking time.
And I'm all about the Produttori but that's YOUNG at 2014!!! Maybe start decanting it now?
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
T Fletcher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 280
Joined: October 31st, 2011, 11:05 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#63 Post by T Fletcher » October 18th, 2018, 9:20 am

I believe John is working on allocating bodies to Friday and Saturday and should provide further details in approx. one week. Obviously a cut-off had to be made due to constraints around seating at both Graileys (Friday) and his home (Saturday). I'm not involved in any of the details and I've gathered all of this from what he's posted here publicly and from one correspondence I've had with him outside.
Trent Fletcher
CT: tcufletch

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#64 Post by Tom Reddick » October 18th, 2018, 9:47 am

Removed- question that could have been phrased better answered below.
Last edited by Tom Reddick on October 18th, 2018, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITB

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#65 Post by K John Joseph » October 18th, 2018, 10:15 am

Hey guys,

I've been out of the country for a week. I'm organizing catering for two nights of events, and have a slew of "i'm in" and then "i'm out" at various times. I've got a list of people who have RSVPd and now that I'm back in the States will finalize that list and post a who and when. There are more people interested than there are spaces for a reasonable event so I'm moving some Sat and some Fri and despite that horrible delay, you'll all have a great idea of what's going on almost a full month in advance.

I apologize for my ridiculous delays preparing catered events for guests notwithstanding my day job, three children, domestic and international travel, kids sports, adult rec league sports, and endless inquiries about what wine to bring. I'm on it.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#66 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 18th, 2018, 10:16 am

K John Joseph wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:15 am
Hey guys,

I've been out of the country for a week. I'm organizing catering for two nights of events, and have a slew of "i'm in" and then "i'm out" at various times. I've got a list of people who have RSVPd and now that I'm back in the States will finalize that list and post a who and when. There are more people interested than there are spaces for a reasonable event so I'm moving some Sat and some Fri and despite that horrible delay, you'll all have a great idea of what's going on almost a full month in advance.

I apologize for my ridiculous delays preparing catered events for guests notwithstanding my day job, three children, domestic and international travel, kids sports, adult rec league sports, and endless inquiries about what wine to bring. I'm on it.
YOU WILL STAY IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL THE EVENT!

Three children is no excuse - eight, maybe.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#67 Post by Tom Reddick » October 18th, 2018, 10:28 am

Thank you John- sorry if I jumped the gun making assumptions.
ITB

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29206
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#68 Post by c fu » October 18th, 2018, 10:53 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:16 am
K John Joseph wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:15 am
Hey guys,

I've been out of the country for a week. I'm organizing catering for two nights of events, and have a slew of "i'm in" and then "i'm out" at various times. I've got a list of people who have RSVPd and now that I'm back in the States will finalize that list and post a who and when. There are more people interested than there are spaces for a reasonable event so I'm moving some Sat and some Fri and despite that horrible delay, you'll all have a great idea of what's going on almost a full month in advance.

I apologize for my ridiculous delays preparing catered events for guests notwithstanding my day job, three children, domestic and international travel, kids sports, adult rec league sports, and endless inquiries about what wine to bring. I'm on it.
YOU WILL STAY IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL THE EVENT!

Three children is no excuse - eight, maybe.
Adult rec league sports, Todd take a video of this dude dunking of we banning
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 13914
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#69 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 19th, 2018, 3:54 am

c fu wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:53 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:16 am
K John Joseph wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 10:15 am
Hey guys,

I've been out of the country for a week. I'm organizing catering for two nights of events, and have a slew of "i'm in" and then "i'm out" at various times. I've got a list of people who have RSVPd and now that I'm back in the States will finalize that list and post a who and when. There are more people interested than there are spaces for a reasonable event so I'm moving some Sat and some Fri and despite that horrible delay, you'll all have a great idea of what's going on almost a full month in advance.

I apologize for my ridiculous delays preparing catered events for guests notwithstanding my day job, three children, domestic and international travel, kids sports, adult rec league sports, and endless inquiries about what wine to bring. I'm on it.
YOU WILL STAY IN THIS COUNTRY UNTIL THE EVENT!

Three children is no excuse - eight, maybe.
Adult rec league sports, Todd take a video of this dude dunking of we banning
You mean he knows the button combo for that super dunk on NBA2K18??
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#70 Post by K John Joseph » October 19th, 2018, 7:24 am

Lol, my wife plays in two adult rec soccer leagues. One all women (they're undefeated) and one co-ed (they're like 12-2-1 since she joined). I've played rec adult basketball, but have more technical fouls than dunks so far (4-0).

I will try to get the final attend list for Friday and Saturday posted this afternoon.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#71 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 19th, 2018, 7:43 am

K John Joseph wrote:
October 19th, 2018, 7:24 am
Lol, my wife plays in two adult rec soccer leagues. One all women (they're undefeated) and one co-ed (they're like 12-2-1 since she joined). I've played rec adult basketball, but have more technical fouls than dunks so far (4-0).

I will try to get the final attend list for Friday and Saturday posted this afternoon.
Damn right you will.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#72 Post by K John Joseph » October 19th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Friday Nov. 16 - Grailey's Back Room + Pecan Lodge BBQ 5:00 pm start, 9:00 approx "end"
1. John Kane
2. Todd French
3. Jorge Henriquez
4. Lindsay – Jorge's date
5. Tom Reddick
6. CJ Beazley
7. Joe Dulworth
8. Darin Kendrick
9. Izzy Nosnik
10. Izzy's Plus One Maybe
11. JR Kennedy
12. Alex O
13. Ykwon
14. Michael R
15. Scott Trulock
16. Eric Werner
17. Michael Francis
18. Scott Fitzgerald
19. Louis Robichaux
20. Brian M

Saturday - Kane House, Coppell with wine-friendly catered food 6:00 start, address provided on confirmation
1. John Kane
2. Katie Kane
3. Todd French
4. Jorge Henriquez
5. Lindsay – Jorge's date
6. Bill Tex Landreth
7. Vince Ackerson
8. Susan Ackerson
9. Louis Robichaux
10. Julie Robichaux
11. JR Kennedy
12. Meredith Kennedy
13. Joe S
14. Mrs. Joe S.
15. Trent Fletcher
16. Mrs. Trent Fletcher

Dress at my house is casual. Be comfortable. Dress at Grailey's is usually more jeans and dress shirt, slacks and shirt, that kind of business/Friday business casual.

Bring wines you like to drink. Friday will be brisket, ribs, sausage, slaw, mac n cheese. Sat menu is in discussion, but think white friendly early, red friendly as it progresses.

PM ME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE DATE LISTED
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#73 Post by K John Joseph » October 19th, 2018, 4:10 pm

I'll be working on sending folks PMs and emails with the list and info.

STEMS: Will be provided at Grailey's and my house. You may bring your own if you want, just ensure they're clearly marked. I'll have 22oz Riedel red/bdx stems and 13 oz Riedel white stems in large quantities for champagne, whites, and reds.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Jorge Henriquez
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 13914
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Location: Westchester County, NY

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#74 Post by Jorge Henriquez » October 19th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Stems? Thought things were done differently in Tejas.

Image

P.S. LindsEy would prefer to be known as “mah woman”.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#75 Post by Tom Reddick » October 19th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Thank you John- look forward to seeing everyone Friday night.

I will bring the following,

2003 Fritz Haag Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese Auction magnum
2005 Pichon Baron magnum
2015 Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon Reserve magnum

2005 Pichon Baron is in a good place per some trusted friends- so a good time to check in, and I actually had a bottle of the 2015 Mondavi earlier this year. I know this is young, but it is a real knockout and one of those wines that really should be enjoyed young once before the long slumber.
ITB

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#76 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 19th, 2018, 9:23 pm

I’m only brining 15l bottles so I don’t feel inferior to Reddick
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#77 Post by Tom Reddick » October 19th, 2018, 9:49 pm

10 years running this BB- and I have to be a tiny slice of the massive pile of #$*^# you have had to deal with over the years. Only the good stuff for your visit. Should be an epic weekend.
ITB

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#78 Post by K John Joseph » October 22nd, 2018, 7:59 am

2009 Guigal St. Joseph Vignes des Hospices
2005 Cos d'Estournel
2001 Pride Cab
2000 J. Schram Late Disgorged
2002 Piper Heidsieck Rare

And a bunch of other stuff.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Scott Fitzgerald
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2543
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#79 Post by Scott Fitzgerald » October 22nd, 2018, 8:27 am

Happy to bring as many bottles as needed, but what's the "wine calculus" on how many bottles for 20 people for a 4 hour event? And I'm serious about as many bottles as required, because I need to make room for this fall's shipments!
CT: BigTex22

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#80 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 22nd, 2018, 8:47 am

Yeah, wondering the same - figure this might be a good time to bring some mags, as I rarely pull those out. The NY BerserkerFests are with assigned tables so those are primarily 750ml bottles, couple large format. With this it seems like large format all the way, since it's more free-for-all?
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Michael Francis
Posts: 138
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Location: Keller, Texas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#81 Post by Michael Francis » October 22nd, 2018, 8:56 am

K John Joseph wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Positive Responses to Date:

John Kane (+ 1 Sat)
Louis Robichaux (+1?)
Todd French (+1?)
Jorge Henriquez (+ Latin Flair)
JR Kennedy (+1?)
Michael Obrien
CJ Beazley
Joe Dulworth (likely)
Brian M
Alex O
Michael Francis (likely)
Bill Tex

Waiting to hear from Jeb Singleton, YKwon, Eric Werner, and Scott Fitzgerald

Have some lurkers on me about it as well.
I am unfortunately not "likely". We will be out of country. I am sorry I'll miss everyone.

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#82 Post by K John Joseph » October 22nd, 2018, 9:53 am

Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 8:27 am
Happy to bring as many bottles as needed, but what's the "wine calculus" on how many bottles for 20 people for a 4 hour event? And I'm serious about as many bottles as required, because I need to make room for this fall's shipments!
There is only so much one can drink. Even in 4 hours. I'll fall back on bring whatever you want to drink, and if bottles don't get opened or don't get finished, take it back home.
J0hn-J-K4ne

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#83 Post by Tom Reddick » October 22nd, 2018, 8:10 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 8:47 am
Yeah, wondering the same - figure this might be a good time to bring some mags, as I rarely pull those out. The NY BerserkerFests are with assigned tables so those are primarily 750ml bottles, couple large format. With this it seems like large format all the way, since it's more free-for-all?
For my part Todd, not knowing the layout of Grailey's (never been in there) and never having attended a Berskerer- I assumed magnums would be nice to assure everyone gets a glass if it works out where everything is shared with everyone. I could be totally wrong. Plus it is also nice to promote that "everything is bigger in Texas" line where possible.
ITB

User avatar
Joe Dulworth
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 2:10 pm
Location: Arlington, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#84 Post by Joe Dulworth » October 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am

Grailey's - think a bunch of guys sitting around trying to one up each other. neener

We have 20 signed up. 750ml will get the job done but you're limited to just a hair over a 1 oz pour per bottle. Done it many times. Plus I fully expect at least a few to drop out as the date gets closer. Happens every single time.
wineismylife

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ wineismylife net

User avatar
Scott Fitzgerald
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2543
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#85 Post by Scott Fitzgerald » October 23rd, 2018, 7:31 am

Joe Dulworth wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am
750ml will get the job done but you're limited to just a hair over a 1 oz pour per bottle.
Whew, glad you confirmed. Was worried about that 6L of Caymus 40th Anniversary I'm bringing in honor of Todd's presence wouldn't go the distance. [grin.gif]
Last edited by Scott Fitzgerald on October 23rd, 2018, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CT: BigTex22

User avatar
Joe Dulworth
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 2:10 pm
Location: Arlington, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#86 Post by Joe Dulworth » October 23rd, 2018, 7:37 am

Our monthly group regularly hits 20 people and we're all trained pretty well to be careful to only pour an ounce. The bottle makes it around. However, there is little left for a revisit.
wineismylife

Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ wineismylife net

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#87 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 23rd, 2018, 8:29 am

Scott Fitzgerald wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 7:31 am
Joe Dulworth wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am
750ml will get the job done but you're limited to just a hair over a 1 oz pour per bottle.
Whew, glad you confirmed. Was worried about that 6L of Caymus 40th Anniversary I'm bringing in honor of Todd's presence wouldn't go the distance. [grin.gif]
I'm still bringing the chocolate straws to suck that stuff up through the delicious creamy chocolatey tube
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#88 Post by Tom Reddick » October 23rd, 2018, 9:48 am

Joe Dulworth wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 7:19 am
Grailey's - think a bunch of guys sitting around trying to one up each other. neener
Oh goodie- just like the rest of this part of town.
ITB

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29206
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#89 Post by c fu » October 23rd, 2018, 10:10 am

Tom Reddick wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 8:10 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 8:47 am
Yeah, wondering the same - figure this might be a good time to bring some mags, as I rarely pull those out. The NY BerserkerFests are with assigned tables so those are primarily 750ml bottles, couple large format. With this it seems like large format all the way, since it's more free-for-all?
For my part Todd, not knowing the layout of Grailey's (never been in there) and never having attended a Berskerer- I assumed magnums would be nice to assure everyone gets a glass if it works out where everything is shared with everyone. I could be totally wrong. Plus it is also nice to promote that "everything is bigger in Texas" line where possible.
end up wasting a lot of wine doing magnums since people bring multiple bottles to the big events. Unless it's champagne it seems to never be consumed fully.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

User avatar
Mike Lindauer
Posts: 163
Joined: June 22nd, 2012, 7:21 am
Location: Houston, Chicago

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#90 Post by Mike Lindauer » October 25th, 2018, 5:06 am

This looks pretty great. Would consider driving up from The Woodlands if you still have room for one more. Not sure I could stay for Saturday though.

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#91 Post by Todd F r e n c h » October 25th, 2018, 10:08 am

K John Joseph wrote:
October 19th, 2018, 3:53 pm
Friday Nov. 16 - Grailey's Back Room + Pecan Lodge BBQ 5:00 pm start, 9:00 approx "end"
1. John Kane
2. Todd French
3. Jorge Henriquez
4. Lindsay – Jorge's date
5. Tom Reddick
6. CJ Beazley
7. Joe Dulworth
8. Darin Kendrick
9. Izzy Nosnik
10. Izzy's Plus One Maybe
11. JR Kennedy
12. Alex O
13. Ykwon
14. Michael R
15. Scott Trulock
16. Eric Werner
17. Michael Francis
18. Scott Fitzgerald
19. Louis Robichaux
20. Brian M

Saturday - Kane House, Coppell with wine-friendly catered food 6:00 start, address provided on confirmation
1. John Kane
2. Katie Kane
3. Todd French
4. Jorge Henriquez
5. Lindsay – Jorge's date
6. Bill Tex Landreth
7. Vince Ackerson
8. Susan Ackerson
9. Louis Robichaux
10. Julie Robichaux
11. JR Kennedy
12. Meredith Kennedy
13. Joe S
14. Mrs. Joe S.
15. Trent Fletcher
16. Mrs. Trent Fletcher

Dress at my house is casual. Be comfortable. Dress at Grailey's is usually more jeans and dress shirt, slacks and shirt, that kind of business/Friday business casual.

Bring wines you like to drink. Friday will be brisket, ribs, sausage, slaw, mac n cheese. Sat menu is in discussion, but think white friendly early, red friendly as it progresses.

PM ME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE DATE LISTED
I would prefer if Jorge's name is listed as my +1, and Lindsay's as Jorge's +1 kthxbai
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

David T
Posts: 63
Joined: March 7th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#92 Post by David T » October 25th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Mark me and Pacheco down for Friday at Grailey's please!
d taaffe

Brian M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15
Joined: September 3rd, 2015, 4:57 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#93 Post by Brian M » October 27th, 2018, 8:10 am

I am in with a mag of 1988 henriot cuvee enchanteleurs to get the party started
B M e r c e r

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#94 Post by K John Joseph » October 29th, 2018, 7:46 am

Brian M wrote:
October 27th, 2018, 8:10 am
I am in with a mag of 1988 henriot cuvee enchanteleurs to get the party started
Great. I'll also be popping a 2002 Piper Heidsieck Rare
J0hn-J-K4ne

Tom Reddick
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 954
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 9:56 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#95 Post by Tom Reddick » October 30th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Wow- very nice. That will be quite a pair of sparklers to get the night going.
ITB

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#96 Post by K John Joseph » November 2nd, 2018, 1:01 pm

If you're in for Saturday and have not confirmed with me please do so by PM.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#97 Post by K John Joseph » November 5th, 2018, 8:36 am

So, what wines you guys bringing?
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 37559
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#98 Post by Todd F r e n c h » November 5th, 2018, 11:56 am

I guess I HAVE to check a bag because the FAA sucks...good thing I have a method for such madness.

Anyway, if we're doing mags (still not sure - Charlie claims there's so much wine wasted, but then again, 750's mean everybody gets only an ounce taste), help choose from the following:

2001 Mondavi Reserve Cab
2005 Chateau Bellevue
2004 Chateau Lascombes
2007 Arcadian Chardonnay Sleepy Hollow Vineyard

If we go with 750's, my choices are obviously much broader, and we'll see what others are planning on
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5986
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 11:55 am
Location: Dallas

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#99 Post by K John Joseph » November 5th, 2018, 12:56 pm

I'm with Fu on this and only bringing 750s and thinking that I'll taste a bunch but not all and that's okay. I suspect there will be no shortage of juice.
J0hn-J-K4ne

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29206
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

#100 Post by c fu » November 5th, 2018, 2:04 pm

K John Joseph wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 12:56 pm
I'm with Fu on this and only bringing 750s and thinking that I'll taste a bunch but not all and that's okay. I suspect there will be no shortage of juice.
#attorneysunited
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

Post Reply

Return to “Offline Planner”