Scherrer Winery - BD 11 only special on Mini-Verticals

So… I guess after hearing of 10 successful BD offerings, it’s time that we join the festivities of Berserker Day 11. Can’t rush into these things you know… :wink:

I frequently hear on the BB ‘…I’ve never had a Scherrer, but…’ So now is your chance. I thought an easy way to explore our style would be with special pricing on 3-packs of several varieties according to the same three vintages: 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Helfer Vineyard is a tiny vineyard just across the street from Kistler. It is a magical Chardonnay spot. This is a very small production and extremely limited availability. How limited? We are pulling wines from our library for BD11. Click here to Order *** SOLD OUT***

• 2013 Scherrer Winery Chardonnay Helfer Vineyard
  • 2014 Scherrer Winery Chardonnay Helfer Vineyard
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Chardonnay Helfer Vineyard

There are also several Pinot Noirs to really get a sense of what we do:
Our core bottling of Russian River Valley Click here to Order

• 2013 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Russian River Valley
  • 2014 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Russian River Valley
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Russian River Valley

The Hallberg Vineyard from Green Valley Click here to Order

• 2013 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Hallberg Vineyard
  • 2014 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Hallberg Vineyard
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Hallberg Vineyard

Platt Vineyard from the Sonoma Coast Click here to Order

• 2013 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard Sonoma Coast
  • 2014 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard Sonoma Coast
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard Sonoma Coast

Zinfandel was where I started and had to include our ‘Old & Mature’ Vines bottling made from the Old Vines my grandfather planted in 1912 and ‘mature’ vines I helped my Father and Grandfather plant in the 1970s. Click here to Order

• 2013 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel Old and Mature Vines Scherrer Vineyard
  • 2014 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel Old and Mature Vines Scherrer Vineyard
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel Old and Mature Vines Scherrer Vineyard

And finally, my early love of Rhone wines is highlighted with our ‘Huntsman’ Red wine, a co-fermented blend of Syrah and Grenache. Click here to Order

• 2013 Scherrer Winery Huntsman Red
  • 2014 Scherrer Winery Huntsman Red
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Huntsman Red

You can find all of these offerings in one place with this link: “Lock Down Nepenthe” Special – Scherrer Winery

If you decide to explore other wines available on our site, we offer a 10% discount on any orders of 12 of more bottles. The special 3-packs will build towards the discount, though they won’t be further discounted.

Shipping: We prefer GSO in CA and FedEx to the rest of legal shipping states unless customer has other requests. Pick up is available at the winery by appointment. We use a flat rate for shipping depending on where you live ranging from $1.75/bottle in CA to $4/bottle to the east coast. Details on cost and states we are licensed in can be found with this link: Shipping Information – Scherrer Winery

Can anyone offer guidance on the different pinots? Definitely interested in a 3-pack, but not sure which would be best for my palette.

DEFINITELY look at this thread, in Scherrer’s Newbie Intro - NEWBIE INTRO: Scherrer Winery - at last! - BerserkerDay 11 NEWBIE INTROS! :) - WineBerserkers

There is a ton of info there, and you’ll see that immediately tomorrow you need to order! There’s going to be a ton of interest in this.

Been buying Scherrer wines for years. And never at a discount, because he doesn’t need to. This is a special treat here. Fred is like a mad wine scientist. Plus I’ve seen him play music live!

Definitely check out his old and mature vine Zin, which is probably his most widely known wine. His chards are always excellent, and the pinots run quite a range of approaches and styles, depending on the vineyard.

These are all high quality wines at really good prices.

I hope Judi’s ready…this one is going to blow

Order in for 1 mini-vertical for Chardonnay, Platt and Zin. Thanks!

This was the one i had FOMO for. Got back from my appointment in time to order.

In for the Zin and Chardonnay.

Probably coming back for the Platt. That pinot vineyard is killing now, that’s the Rivers Marie 100 pointer…

Got some Platt!

I have a ton of Scherrer but couldn’t pass up the Hallberg vertical and since I am in the area next week, I have an excuse to stop in and pick it up.

Jason,

Do you prefer Volnay or Gevrey?

Please rank which appeals most to least to you: High toned perfumes, rich and mouth-filling, solid structure.

This will help the suggestion.

Thanks,

Fred

Very tempting offer, but unfortunately looks like you don’t ship to my state. Bummed.

In for some zinfandel!

I cannot emphasize enough how great the Zinfandels are. Total no-brainer, in for 2 packs.

That Hallberg mini-vertical is like seeing Audrey Hepburn in three different roles. I hope you enjoy each one. Thanks.

F

not Jason - but Volnay is my wife’s favorite - followed closely by chambolle…

In for the RRV, Hallberg and Zin!

In on the Zin!

In for the Zin!

I’m not surprised RM got a 100 pointer from that vineyard. It’s a complicated site with extreme potential.

F