NORLIN BD11 offer - luxury wine bags

EDIT - Thanks everyone! We had a great time today and I hope all of you did as well. The offering is now officially closed and we hope to see you again next year! Tom.

Greetings fellow Berserker’s - today is the big day! Welcome to BD11 and thank you for stopping in to check out our offering.

My name is Tom Reddick, and I am a Berkserker addict as well as the founder and owner of Norlin, a fairly new company dedicated to the design and manufacture of luxury products.

The Max Wine Bag is manufactured in the United States in partnership with chill-n-go®, and is currently offered in the two bottle model shown. Single piece leather shell with adjustable leather strap. Small interior utility pocket. Fully insulated lining by chill-n-go® with a removable chill-n-go® reusable freezer pack. Holds two bottles including large champagne and burgundy bottles. Fully seals across the top with a Velcro closure.
Norlin - wine bag - interior.jpg
In the past 18 months, we have made and sold bags in ostrich and bison- mostly black. We are expanding our range of colors and materials to prepare to launch on a broader scale, and as a thank you to those who wish to join the ranks of our first customers, we are offering the bags from that production run to you in this BD11 offering at very favorable pricing.

****MAX WINE BAG - FULL QUILL OSTRICH[/size]

The Max full quill ostrich wine bag is our top of the line luxury wine tote, and our best seller to date. Ostrich is extremely durable and widely prized. Here in Texas, you could make a pair of socks out of ostrich and there would be a line of customers.

Chocolate with brown leather strap
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Brown Ostrich.jpg
Black with black leather strap
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Black Ostrich.jpg
Hunter green with dark brown leather strap
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Green Ostrich.jpg
Brown with brown leather strap
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Chocolate.JPG
****MAX WINE BAG - ARAPAIMA (aka PIRARUCU)

The Max arapaima wine bag is one of our new offerings. Arapaima are really, really big fish found in the Amazon river (not sure I want to meet one in person), and a major local food source. Arapaima is rapidly becoming a popular luxury leather for its heavily textured and durable scales- far more durable than snake skin for example.

Norlin Max Wine Bag - Brown Arapaima.jpg
Black with black leather strap
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Black Arapaima.JPG
****MAX WINE BAG - BISON

Heavy and textured America-sourced hides. Rugged and durable.

Norlin Max Wine Bag - Brown Bison.jpg
****MAX WINE BAG - ORYX

The Max oryx wine bag is one of our new products. These beautifully textured hides are from Africa, where the oryx is hunted locally for food, and the hides occasionally sold into the export market (they are often used locally for clothing and shelter- so the hides are not always easy to obtain.) In time I think this could be our most popular wine bag.

Café brown with brown leather strap
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Oryx.jpg
Thank you for reading and have fun today! Once you have browsed through all the great offerings, I would be personally grateful for any feedback you may have- here or in PM- about our wine bags and what you would like to see in the future in terms of other sizes and materials. In these early days with so many directions to go, feedback from fellow wine lovers means a great deal.

On a final note- check out the auctions for this gem, our wildest wine bag yet! I just made one using a really high end hair-on piece of cowhide that was printed with a leopard pattern. European material- as good as it gets and guaranteed to attract attention. 100% of auction proceeds go to the sustenance of our awesome forum!
Norlin Max Wine Bag - Leopard Print.jpg

Is the pocket big enough for wine key, markers, etc?

How does the chill and go work? Is it an ice bag that is top to bottom of the bag or a small chiller that goes inside?

Thanks

1 Like

Good afternoon Ryan,

The pocket measures 3.75 inches wide and 4.5 inches tall. I have been actively using the first sample we made about a year ago, and I can easily fit a corkscrew, capsule cutter, pens and folded up paper for note taking. You could also fit a set of keys in there easily. Laying at a diagonal across the pocket, a standard pen will be sealed in when you close the Velcro lining the interior top of the bag. If standing straight up, it will just barely stick out at the top.

On the chill pack- there is a pocket sewn into the interior center of one of the panels that reaches down to the bottom of the bag. Along the top it is Velcro-enclosed. Open the Velcro to pull out the chill pack and then you can put it in the freezer to chill it down. Lengthwise it runs the bottom half or so of the bag and the pack itself measures 4 inches wide and 7 inches tall.

Here is a shot looking into the bag at the pocket that holds the chill pack (I have opened the Velcro), and then a shot of the chill pack itself. Photos taken using the denim blue ostrich sample I made for my own use- which are made with same linings and processes as the wine bags on offer.
Norlin - wine bag - interior chill pak pouch.JPG
Norlin - wine bag - shot of chiller.JPG