OFFER EXTENDED: Berserker Edition Wine Check and the 'Berserker Barfer' special, and Wine Flies Free!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD11
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

BDSponsor OFFER EXTENDED: Berserker Edition Wine Check and the 'Berserker Barfer' special, and Wine Flies Free!

#1 Post by Shawnda H » January 15th, 2020, 8:16 am

We've got THREE different offers for BerserkerDay 11!

Literally hundreds of you have Wine Checks and have been using them to transport your wine across the country and around the world. As for the rest of you, what's the matter with you??

While our fearless leader Todd's favorite Wine Check used to be the standard red one with the white logo (the 'original' Wine Check, from 10 years ago!) he's got TWO new favorites, so we're offering both to the Berserkers on BerserkerDay (and Early Purchase Offers for Grand Cru Crü members, of course). Let's get to the goods, shall we?

Launched last year, the Wine Berserkers Wine Check was an instant hit, likely due to its incredibly handsome 'berserker' on the unit. I mean, who WOULDN'T desire such a rugged and attractive creature?

OFFER 1: This year, for BerserkerDay 11, we're including a BERSERKER BARFER with every Wine Berserkers Wine Check order!

"OMG, what is a 'Berserker Barfer'? Sounds amazing and worthy of high class entertaining!"

Well, let me tell you what it is...and why you should have it! Napa/Sonoma-based Menagerie Premium Wine Pourers manufacturers and designs some of the highest quality wine pourers in the market. Even Todd loves them, as our colleague and friend with Alaska Airlines bought one as a gift for him, when he was afflicted with appendicitis, rather than enjoying wine tasting with us back in May. Now, all of us have been gifted 'chochkies' because our friends know we love wine, and do we use them very often? No, we don't, but we accept them with a grateful smile, then regift them at the next birthday or holiday. Well, Todd kept droning ON AND ON about the ram pourer we gifted him, and when we discovered that Menagerie has a pourer that looks EXACTLY like our treasured mascot, the Berserker (but they call it a 'Viking', pfft), we HAD to off them on BerserkerDay, so we can remember our community here any time the Berserker is barfing out our treasured elixir! This particular design from Menagerie is from their 'Premium' collection, and retails at $34.00. It's solid, it's REALLY heavy (feels like 2 lbs), and you can tell that it is high quality.

Buy any Wine Berserkers Wine Check (with or without shipper box/insert) and get a 'Berserker Barfer' wine pourer FREE! (a $34.00 value!) That's bigger than any discount we'd likely offer you, so you might want to jump on that pronto! ORDER HERE, choose either with or without shipper, and know that the 'Barfer' comes WITH your Berserkers Wine Check (but no other Wine Check orders - this is Berserker-Branding-All-The-Way, baby!) *hint on sorting the page - click 'Wine Berserkers Products' on the categories listing to narrow it down easily*

Image Image

OFFER 2: Berserker Barfer Wine Pourer with FREE Shipping in the continental US You already HAVE one or four Wine Checks, you say? While you aren't alone, you might be sad that you don't have a Berserker Barfer, so we don't want you to feel left out, you faithful Wine-Check-Traveling-Person, you! You, too, can order just a Berserker Barfer wine pourer, for $34.00 and FREE SHIPPING in the continental US! ORDER HERE

OFFER 3: 25% Off Alaska Wine Flies Free Wine Checks Hopefully most of you know about Alaska's Wine Flies Free™ program, but if not, you can find out more about it here, as we ALL should know about it! You might also know that Alaska chose The Wine Check as its wine luggage partner in the program, and we couldn't be prouder, of course! We're going to offer our Alaska Airlines Wine Flies Free Wine Check HERE, to you, at a discount of 25% off! Use code BD11WFF for your discount, and it is good on either the Wine Check alone (as most of you likely will be getting plenty of shipper boxes to use inside it!) or as a set, with either Styrofoam insert or (preferred) stand-up pulp inserts.

Get a bit more information about our partnership, about the Wine Flies Free Program, and place your order HERE

SHIPPING INFORMATION: We can ship to all the continental US, Wine Berserkers Wine Checks with Barfers ship in 2 weeks; WB Barfer (ordered alone) ships in 1 week, and Wine Flies Free Wine Check ships next day!
Shawnda Hansen

Co-Owner/Founder - The Wine Check
http://www.thewinecheck.com

From wine, what sudden friendship springs. - John Gay

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Berserker Edition Wine Check and the 'Berserker Barfer' special, and Wine Flies Free!

#2 Post by Sean_S » January 26th, 2020, 8:40 am

Already had 2. Donated one to a friend so I could get a new one and a barfer. Score!
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: Berserker Edition Wine Check and the 'Berserker Barfer' special, and Wine Flies Free!

#3 Post by Shawnda H » January 26th, 2020, 8:51 am

Sean_S wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:40 am
Already had 2. Donated one to a friend so I could get a new one and a barfer. Score!
Genius! I'm pretty sure The Wine Check is the most borrowed item behind sugar, and equally not returned [cheers.gif] . Little freebie for you because of your generosity. Be sure to look in the pocket. :)
Shawnda Hansen

Kirk.Grant
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Kirk.Grant » January 26th, 2020, 9:49 am

Is the wine check tall enough to hold the German GG bottles?

Is there a wine check that fits the cardboard horizontal bottle molds?
Cellartracker:Kirk Grant

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#5 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2020, 9:52 am

Kirk.Grant wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 9:49 am
Is the wine check tall enough to hold the German GG bottles?

Is there a wine check that fits the cardboard horizontal bottle molds?
Yes, for sure, the Wine Check is tall enough - it's whatever shipper box you use that is the key, but both those sold on the site will fit GG/Riesling bottles. Sometimes on Styro the little top section pops off, but the stand-up pulp one doesn't have that issue.

It does fit horizontal bottle molds as well, but we don't recommend those, necessarily, because they aren't quite as safe, don't test as well as the upright boxes. Dimensions of a Wine Check are 21” x 15.5” x 17” and the preferred shipper size we use is 18.5" X 15" X 16", just for reference
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Karen Troisi
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#6 Post by Karen Troisi » January 26th, 2020, 10:47 am

Folks we are the proud owners of 6 of these and we love them so much we now sell them in our tasting room. Don't travel without one and they are really durable too. One trip and they pay for themselves rather than shipping wine. They are also great for hauling things other than wine.

Karen
ITB - You should only make wines you love to drink.

Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#7 Post by Shawnda H » January 26th, 2020, 10:55 am

Karen Troisi wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 10:47 am
Folks we are the proud owners of 6 of these and we love them so much we now sell them in our tasting room. Don't travel without one and they are really durable too. One trip and they pay for themselves rather than shipping wine. They are also great for hauling things other than wine.

Karen
And you can fold it up and put it in your carry-on on the way TO your wine destination...then get a shipper box at the destination! We've had people who still use our very first version - 10 years old! When they finally start to wear out we've been known to trade them for a new one so we can have the ancient one for our 'museum'. All for the price of about one 'special' bottle of wine...
Shawnda Hansen

Ed Steinway
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Ed Steinway » January 26th, 2020, 2:34 pm

We just purchased one. My wife said that we now need to travel more! Great offer and thank you for putting these up for purchase!

Ed

Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#9 Post by Shawnda H » January 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Ed Steinway wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 2:34 pm
We just purchased one. My wife said that we now need to travel more! Great offer and thank you for putting these up for purchase!

Ed
I see you selected the Alaska Airlines Wine Flies Free one, which means you definitely SHOULD travel more, as your wine will fly for FREE if you fly Alaska!
Shawnda Hansen

Jason T
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Jason T » January 26th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Karen Troisi wrote:
They are also great for hauling things other than wine.

Karen
Truth.

Two years ago I did a big tasting dinner for my family back home. Used my Wine Check to lug 9 bottles back with me, and then used the 3 empty slots to bring kitchen supplies that I knew I’d need. Worked like a charm.
J@son Tr@ughber

Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#11 Post by Shawnda H » January 27th, 2020, 7:31 am

Jason T wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Karen Troisi wrote:
They are also great for hauling things other than wine.

Karen
Truth.

Two years ago I did a big tasting dinner for my family back home. Used my Wine Check to lug 9 bottles back with me, and then used the 3 empty slots to bring kitchen supplies that I knew I’d need. Worked like a charm.
We had a winemaker who used to bring his wine back home to Minnesota, and in the slots of the shipper box insert he would place venison, which is much harder to get in California!
Shawnda Hansen

S. Williams

#12 Post by S. Williams » January 27th, 2020, 7:33 am

Karen Troisi wrote:

Karen
Yep, we've found that once you drink the wine they contained while on vacation, they make a great dirty laundry hamper for the return trip.
$u$@n Wi!!i@m$

Joe W i n o g r a d

#13 Post by Joe W i n o g r a d » January 27th, 2020, 7:49 am

Does Alaska let you also check the empty Wine Check gratis going one direction on a round trip between qualifying cities?

Mine is usually only full one way. My shipper box goes round trip though.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#14 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 7:56 am

Joe W i n o g r a d wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 7:49 am
Does Alaska let you also check the empty Wine Check gratis going one direction on a round trip between qualifying cities?

Mine is usually only full one way. My shipper box goes round trip though.
It's all outlined on the link above, via Alaska's website, but simply put, you can fly FROM any of their 30 or so wine destinations TO anywhere with a case of wine for free. You can't check an empty Wine Check TO a wine destination airport for free, but that's ok, as The Wine Check folds up easily, fits in your carryon, then you get the shipper box/insert when you get there, check it back home FREE!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Joe W i n o g r a d

#15 Post by Joe W i n o g r a d » January 27th, 2020, 8:01 am

Thanks Todd. It seems less clear when both cities are “wine destinations.” Maybe if you put a few bottles in on the empty leg you can skirt by.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#16 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 8:07 am

January 27th, 2020, 8:01 am
Thanks Todd. It seems less clear when both cities are “wine destinations.” Maybe if you put a few bottles in on the empty leg you can skirt by.
See this map - they can fly for free FROM any of these destinations (click for full size)
Attachments
rs=h-1300,cg-true.jpeg

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#17 Post by Dave McIsaac » January 27th, 2020, 8:14 am

Already have a Wine Check, which I love, but HAD to spring for a Barfer!!
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#18 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 8:41 am

Dave McIsaac wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 8:14 am
Already have a Wine Check, which I love, but HAD to spring for a Barfer!!
Any why wouldn't you want to be reminded of your Berserkerdom every time you pour wine??

Larry Stein

#19 Post by Larry Stein » January 27th, 2020, 9:05 am

Do I need to have the Alaska Airlines wine check cover to take advantage of their offer? I have one of the original ones, ordered in 2014. I've used it a couple of times to Europe and back, and it's worked great!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#20 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 9:07 am

Larry Stein wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:05 am
Do I need to have the Alaska Airlines wine check cover to take advantage of their offer? I have one of the original ones, ordered in 2014. I've used it a couple of times to Europe and back, and it's worked great!
See here:

https://thewinecheck.com/alaska
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 9.06.49 AM.png

Missy D

#21 Post by Missy D » January 27th, 2020, 9:11 am

That will absolutely work, as long as your origin is also an eligible WFF city

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#22 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 9:17 am

Missy D wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:11 am
Joe is a baller, hence his last name - he flies between wine destination cities all the time! [cheers.gif]

mattccheung

#23 Post by mattccheung » January 27th, 2020, 11:30 am

If local to OC, can I pick one up in person? Save shipping costs. Thanks!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#24 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 11:31 am

mattccheung wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:30 am
The warehouse is in Sonoma! (that's why free local delivery to Napa and Sonoma)

mattccheung

#25 Post by mattccheung » January 27th, 2020, 11:42 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:31 am
mattccheung wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:30 am
The warehouse is in Sonoma! (that's why free local delivery to Napa and Sonoma)
[cry.gif]

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by William Segui » January 27th, 2020, 11:57 am

not sure why I don't already have one, but problem rectified. Order in!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#27 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 12:07 pm

William Segui wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:57 am
not sure why I don't already have one, but problem rectified. Order in!
Except you didn't use the promo code!!! We'll take care of that (you used the much smaller shipping discount code)

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by Mark Y » January 27th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Missy D wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:11 am

Literally put in a two buck chuck. And fills the rest with cloth. They Reallly don’t really care. Empty and weightless would raise an eye brow tho. But yah origin has to be wff city! Great program!!
Y.e.

MMunger
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by MMunger » January 27th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Just ordered the Alaska Airlines version, along with a note about having it delivered to our hotel in Yountville in a couple weeks.
I guess we’ll have to fill it for the flight home!
Mike Munger

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#30 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 2:04 pm

MMunger wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Just ordered the Alaska Airlines version, along with a note about having it delivered to our hotel in Yountville in a couple weeks.
I guess we’ll have to fill it for the flight home!
Why else would you GO to the region, if you aren't coming back with a case of wine???

Missy D

#31 Post by Missy D » January 27th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Mark Y wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Literally put in a two buck chuck. And fills the rest with cloth. They Reallly don’t really care. Empty and weightless would raise an eye brow tho. But yah origin has to be wff city! Great program!!
If you meant clothes, please don't. They "may" not care, but if they check, it disqualifies the bag.

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Mark Y » January 27th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Missy D wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:12 pm
Mark Y wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 1:08 pm

If you meant clothes, please don't. They "may" not care, but if they check, it disqualifies the bag.
really? i actually have asked on multiple occasions.. and the counter agent says no problem... In one case my main luggage was 2 lbs overweight, and i moved some cloth INTO the winechek in front of the counter agent...

i don't doubt your expertise, but that's kinda what i meant by "they REALLLY don't care" ;)
Y.e.

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by JDavisRoby » January 27th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Anyone else think a Berserker Barfer was a new and improved wine check version of the barf bag to use on that awful flight home after a long weekend in wine country gives you a bad case of the wine flu?
Joshu@

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#34 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2020, 3:19 pm

JDavisRoby wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Anyone else think a Berserker Barfer was a new and improved wine check version of the barf bag to use on that awful flight home after a long weekend in wine country gives you a bad case of the wine flu?
Have you seen how big a Wine Check is? That’s a lot of ‘barf’!!

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by JDavisRoby » January 27th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:19 pm
JDavisRoby wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Have you seen how big a Wine Check is? That’s a lot of ‘barf’!!
Yep. Used it many times. Filled it up with Todd, Jim and Marcus’ wines this fall!

I was thinking a carry on size. :)
Joshu@

Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#36 Post by Shawnda H » January 27th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Hear ye! Offer extended through midnight Wednesday.
Shawnda Hansen

DIANAD
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: OFFER EXTENDED: Berserker Edition Wine Check and the 'Berserker Barfer' special, and Wine Flies Free!

#37 Post by DIANAD » January 28th, 2020, 6:34 pm

Borrowed from a friend for this week’s trip (terrible thing to do right after Berserker’s Day), so hopefully you’ll have a great offer next year. My husband wouldn’t let me buy before buying.
D A Y

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Re: OFFER EXTENDED: Berserker Edition Wine Check and the 'Berserker Barfer' special, and Wine Flies Free!

#38 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2020, 6:47 pm

DIANAD wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Borrowed from a friend for this week’s trip (terrible thing to do right after Berserker’s Day), so hopefully you’ll have a great offer next year. My husband wouldn’t let me buy before buying.
the sale is extended through midnight tomorrow - you've used it, now buy it! cheesehead

DIANAD
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by DIANAD » January 28th, 2020, 7:14 pm

Haven’t used it til next week!
D A Y

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#40 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 29th, 2020, 7:45 am

DIANAD wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Haven’t used it til next week!
Ah, borrowing, not 'borrowed'!

Shawnda H
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#41 Post by Shawnda H » January 29th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Orders for the Wine Flies Free Wine Checks have already been processed and shipped - Berserker Wine Checks (and barfers) will be in about 1.5-2 weeks, as we get the bags custom printed for you :)
Shawnda Hansen

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#42 Post by Dave McIsaac » February 6th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Barfer in da house!! [barf1.gif]
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Sean_S » February 13th, 2020, 1:37 pm

My wine check and barfer arrived yesterday. Funny thing my vikings crazy friend already had a wine barfer out at the Oscars party on Sunday. So I'm not the first person on my block with a barfer.

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

2020 WOTY Candidates
1994 Ravenswood Petite Sirah Sonoma County
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard

Return to “BerserkerDay 11 Forum - (Jan 27, 2020) 'The Black Friday of Wine Commerce' - Forbes”