Flannery Beef x BerserkerDay11: Ribeyes, Porterhouse, Hangers and More!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD11
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

BDSponsor Flannery Beef x BerserkerDay11: Ribeyes, Porterhouse, Hangers and More!

#1 Post by bryan flannery » January 13th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Each year we try to come up with something special for you guys partly because it’s fun for us to deal with people who appreciate what we do; and more importantly, the “Wine Community” in general and Berserkers in particular, have been so much a part of our business.

Bottom line in ten words or less: How often does one get to sell to customers who are also friends…..

(OK, I can do math too, but if you subtract all words over 5 letters its just like our Beef- perfect!)

In years past we have pushed the envelope on the length of age but this year, we are going to our strength- 30 day dry age. So this year since there is a wedding in our family’s future (Katie & her beau are finally making it official), we are offering: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue

Something Old: You asked , we listened! This year we're happy to be able to offer not only our timeless [California Reserve Dry Aged Ribeye Steaks, but for the first time, our California Reserve Dry Aged Porterhouse as well. Something New: Once again, we got our act together in advance and sourced Prime grade Pichanas! Since there are some size variances per piece, we are offering these in pairs so we get some uniformity of weight. Something Borrowed: This is really a one time item; it will only be offered once. It is a steak we created to honor a dear friend and patron Les Rudd who passed away a while back. Les was the founder of Rudd Oakville Estate and Press Restaurant in St Helena, and one our biggest supports from day one. It is a truly unique Bone-in New York Strip. We developed it in collaboration with Chef Phillip of Press Restaurant in St Helena CA- and after this introduction, it will only be available at the restaurant. Longer description follows. Something Blue: There are very few cuts of meat that can be served at any spectrum of doneness and still be spectacular. Our Prime Hanger is exactly that- so whether you serve it so rare it is BLUE, or so done it is black; it’ll be a hit! The Rudd Steak:
For as long as I knew Les Rudd, he always loved bone in steaks. He tried for years to get me to supply his Press Restaurant with a bone in Filet, and I was never able to accommodate him as it is next to impossible to fabricate a large number of bone in filets strictly from the shortloin we use. Well. I lost a dear friend a while back, and the restaurant brought in a fantastic Chef to continue what Les had begun. It was in a discussion with Chef Phil, that he indicated he wanted to add some different things to the offerings, and as I drove away from that meeting, a light went off. I will give Les the perfect bone in steak. That is the origin of the Rudd Steak.

As you know, a Kansas City Strip is a bone in New York- so what’s the big deal right? The KC had an “L” shaped bone that can be difficult to handle when plated- almost impossible to get all the meat off the bone. What we have done with the Rudd steak is remove the foot of the “L”, so there is only the straight bone on the side. This gives the fun of a bone-in steak with the ease of a boneless steak.

This really will be only a one time shot from us- you can always order it whenever you get to Press Restaurant in the Napa Valley (worth the trip!!!); but I promised them that this would be their exclusive. Other than cheating this one time for a group I value as friends, we will not offer this again on our website.

How To Order
Each of the items listed above are also links that will take you to that product's page on our website. Simply fill up your shopping cart with whatever quantities of the steaks and when you're ready to check out, head to the Shopping Cart page and enter the code "BDXI" in the Coupon Code box, and click "Apply Coupon". We still haven't updated our site (it's on the list for 2020), so bear with us as this part can be a bit confusing. There are two areas to enter codes, one is for Coupon Codes, the second is for Gift Card Codes. Make sure you enter the code "BDXI" in the Coupon Code section.

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Flannery Beef x BerserkerDay11: Ribeyes, Porterhouse, Hangers and More!

#2 Post by Mike Evans » January 26th, 2020, 8:24 am

In for three porterhouses and a pichana.

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Ron Slye » January 26th, 2020, 8:30 am

Hmmm. It says the code is not valid right now.

lauhill
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by lauhill » January 26th, 2020, 8:31 am

[oops.gif] guess I am having operator error...

MICHAEL C R O M W E L L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by MICHAEL C R O M W E L L » January 26th, 2020, 8:33 am

Coupon code not working
M i c h a e l C r o m w e l l

Frank Z
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Frank Z » January 26th, 2020, 8:37 am

Coupon code not working for me either.
Frank Zhang

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by Scott Jameson » January 26th, 2020, 8:39 am

Glad it was not only me ...

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Mike Evans » January 26th, 2020, 8:40 am

I now don’t feel as bad about forgetting to add the coupon code.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#9 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2020, 8:42 am

Emailed them - it's fixed now
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

MICHAEL C R O M W E L L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by MICHAEL C R O M W E L L » January 26th, 2020, 8:48 am

Works now, order in
M i c h a e l C r o m w e l l

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#11 Post by bryan flannery » January 26th, 2020, 8:52 am

Scott Jameson wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:39 am
Katie here - my fault on this one!! Was so focused on making sure code only worked on the 27th, totally forgot about today, ha. Todd gave me a head's up and now we're back in business champagne.gif

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#12 Post by bryan flannery » January 26th, 2020, 8:53 am

Mike Evans wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:40 am
I now don’t feel as bad about forgetting to add the coupon code.
Don't worry, gotcha covered - I'll get the discount credited back to your card. Sorry about that!!! -K

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#13 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 26th, 2020, 8:54 am

bryan flannery wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:52 am
Scott Jameson wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:39 am
Katie here - my fault on this one!! Was so focused on making sure code only worked on the 27th, totally forgot about today, ha. Todd gave me a head's up and now we're back in business champagne.gif
Good thing this 'Todd' character pointed it out only because he was trying to place the order (as per the stupid rules he put in place) for himself!!!

cheesehead
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

P Turk
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by P Turk » January 26th, 2020, 8:57 am

Order in . . . thanks!
Phil

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by MatthewT » January 26th, 2020, 9:00 am

order in thanks!
I'm a Turk, though not from Turkey, it's actually my last name

lauhill
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by lauhill » January 26th, 2020, 9:08 am

yay order in!

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by cjsavino » January 26th, 2020, 9:10 am

$500 in beef heading to NJ
Chris

rjquillin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by rjquillin » January 26th, 2020, 9:28 am

Phew, order in, now, where to store it. Freezer and cellar both bursting.
Hangers, Rudds, Pichanas & Porterhouse.
sous vide and grilling time is near.
~Ron Q~
I build cameras for spacecraft and extra-terrestrial vehicles.

joeduncan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by joeduncan » January 26th, 2020, 9:40 am

Done. Hangers and Rib Eyes for me.

Frank Z
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Frank Z » January 26th, 2020, 9:48 am

Order in for Rudds and Porterhouse. Thanks!
Frank Zhang

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by alan weinberg » January 26th, 2020, 10:06 am

In.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 26th, 2020, 10:21 am

Picahna and hangers

Albert R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Albert R » January 26th, 2020, 10:29 am

Order in! Thank you!
Cheers,

@. Re-go

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Philip G » January 26th, 2020, 12:29 pm

Going in on this for the first time, thinking the Porterhouse and Rudd. A few questions:
- the weight determines the thickness? What are the corresponding thicknesses for the weight options?
- how are these packaged, how should I store them and how long will they last?

Thanks!
Chip G@@d

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by cjsavino » January 26th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Philip G wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 12:29 pm
Going in on this for the first time, thinking the Porterhouse and Rudd. A few questions:
- the weight determines the thickness? What are the corresponding thicknesses for the weight options?

Thanks!
Can answer a couple of these.

Steaks are individually vacuum packed
Store frozen, have had some 6-9 months in the freezer with no degradation.
Chris

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by Mike Evans » January 26th, 2020, 12:47 pm

I haven’t yet found a limit on how long Flannery steaks will keep in the freezer without degradation and I’ve had them after at least 4 years. The lower moisture content from dry aging helps a lot.

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#27 Post by bryan flannery » January 26th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Philip G wrote:

Thanks!
Hey Phil,

Chris is spot on in regards to packaging and freezing. Each steak is cryovaced individually, and our rule of thumb is 4-5 days in fridge from when you receive, and up to a year in the freezer. You just want to make sure that before you throw anything in the freezer that you double check the vacuum seal to make sure it's tight, and there's no air getting into the package. If the seal looks like it's popped (which is more common on bone-in steaks than bnls), just rewrap in cellophane then foil, or cellophane than ziplock. Even better if you have one of those home vacuum sealers. Goal is to just make sure there's no air touching meat when it's in the freezer.

In terms of the thickness / weight, it will vary slightly from primal to primal (a wider 'eye' on a primal will result in a thinner 16oz steak than the same weight from a smaller eyed primal). The Rudd steaks are coming in around 2-2.5" thick; if you have a preference, you can absolutely leave us a note in the 'comments' section during checkout and we'll pick out the best thickness to fit. For the the Porterhouse, a 20oz will be around 1-1.25", and a 40oz will clock in around 3" thick. Same thing though - if you're looking for a specific thickness, just leave us a note, and we'll make it happen. If there's no way we can accommodate the thickness requested based on what you ordered, (ie, if you order a 20oz and request it to be 3" thick), we'll shoot you a note and ask if you want to increase weight, or go w/ smaller thickness. Our goal is to just make sure you get what you want :)

Hope that helps, and if there's anything else I can give more detail on, don't hesitate to ask!

-Katie

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#28 Post by bryan flannery » January 26th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Mike Evans wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 12:47 pm
I haven’t yet found a limit on how long Flannery steaks will keep in the freezer without degradation and I’ve had them after at least 4 years. The lower moisture content from dry aging helps a lot.
oh yea I forgot to mention that!! The main concern from a freezing/thawing situation isn't going to be a flavor issue, but a textural one. As a piece of meat freezes, then thaws, the water molecules within it will expand/contract accordingly. That can potentially lead to textural changes in the meat itself. The beauty of dry aged beef (apart from the killer flavor and increased tenderness), is that a much lower overall moisture content lends to damn near zero textural changed when frozen and thawed. So we're big fans of stocking up on when steaks are on sale, and freezing em!

-Katie

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Philip G » January 26th, 2020, 1:04 pm

bryan flannery wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Philip G wrote:

Thanks!
Hey Phil,

Chris is spot on in regards to packaging and freezing. Each steak is cryovaced individually, and our rule of thumb is 4-5 days in fridge from when you receive, and up to a year in the freezer. You just want to make sure that before you throw anything in the freezer that you double check the vacuum seal to make sure it's tight, and there's no air getting into the package. If the seal looks like it's popped (which is more common on bone-in steaks than bnls), just rewrap in cellophane then foil, or cellophane than ziplock. Even better if you have one of those home vacuum sealers. Goal is to just make sure there's no air touching meat when it's in the freezer.

In terms of the thickness / weight, it will vary slightly from primal to primal (a wider 'eye' on a primal will result in a thinner 16oz steak than the same weight from a smaller eyed primal). The Rudd steaks are coming in around 2-2.5" thick; if you have a preference, you can absolutely leave us a note in the 'comments' section during checkout and we'll pick out the best thickness to fit. For the the Porterhouse, a 20oz will be around 1-1.25", and a 40oz will clock in around 3" thick. Same thing though - if you're looking for a specific thickness, just leave us a note, and we'll make it happen. If there's no way we can accommodate the thickness requested based on what you ordered, (ie, if you order a 20oz and request it to be 3" thick), we'll shoot you a note and ask if you want to increase weight, or go w/ smaller thickness. Our goal is to just make sure you get what you want :)

Hope that helps, and if there's anything else I can give more detail on, don't hesitate to ask!

-Katie
Thanks for all the info. Yeah about 2" to 2-1/2" is what we usually like so sounds like a Porterhouse somewhere in the middle will do the trick. We use a Sous Vide so these should be awesome.
Chip G@@d

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Ron Slye » January 26th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Got my order in. Thanks to everyone for making this happen!

Michael Sopher
GCC Member
GCC Member

#31 Post by Michael Sopher » January 26th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Order in. Serious pile of beef on its way to NY.

Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Scott Brunson » January 26th, 2020, 2:16 pm

in
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Glenn L e v i n e
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Glenn L e v i n e » January 26th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Rudds & Hangers. Thanks Bryan!
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

vwsmaltz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by vwsmaltz » January 26th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Order placed!
Virgil

MikeHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by MikeHill » January 26th, 2020, 4:44 pm

In for hangers and ribeyes. So good!

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#36 Post by Diane Kessler » January 26th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Hangers, Porterhouse, and ribeyes coming my way!

hamiltoncd
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by hamiltoncd » January 26th, 2020, 5:17 pm

The Jorge steak last year was stunning. Ordered more this year and added a bunch more this year.
A great product.
Chris Hamilton

Douglas Breen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by Douglas Breen » January 26th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Pichana and hangers. I see a nice Bordeaux and a barbecue in the near future!

Tom O
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by Tom O » January 26th, 2020, 7:09 pm

Katie,

How fast do these ship I'm out of town week after next would they make it to Florida this week if I order today?
Tom O b r i n g e r

Adam Noble
GCC Member
GCC Member

#40 Post by Adam Noble » January 26th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Douglas Breen wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 6:58 pm
Pichana and hangers. I see a nice Bordeaux and a barbecue in the near future!
Ditto on the pichana and hangers. But probably CdP BBQ for me.

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by Brian Tuite » January 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Ribeyes and Hangers, 13-1/2lbs of goodness headed my way.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#42 Post by David K o l i n » January 26th, 2020, 7:21 pm

So sorry I missed this offer due to travel :-(

bryan flannery
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#43 Post by bryan flannery » January 27th, 2020, 6:42 am

Tom O wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 7:09 pm
Katie,

How fast do these ship I'm out of town week after next would they make it to Florida this week if I order today?
Hey Tom - you're in complete control of when the product ships out. During the checkout section of the site there's a nifty little calendar that will let you select when you want your order to ship, so you can have us wait until after you get home to ship em out. On the flip side, we absolutely would be able to get your order out this week for arrival by Fri -it's whatever works best for you!

-Katie

Adam H

#44 Post by Adam H » January 27th, 2020, 7:50 am

In for a few porterhouses! Thanks
Adam Hersly
www.herslywines.com

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by Andrew Kotowski » January 27th, 2020, 8:11 am

Thank you for hearing my pleas to put the Hanger Steaks on sale again!!! I swear, I've fed half of Washington State with those things (not to mention visitors from Europe and Mexico!) I went deep across the board and will be posting the results, as always, at @AKGrill
You can find me at the grill, but you’ll need to figure out the URL yourself! @akgrill

Jeff Grossman

#46 Post by Jeff Grossman » January 27th, 2020, 8:12 am

Order placed. Thank you, Bryan.

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by Charlie Carnes » January 27th, 2020, 8:15 am

Just picked up 4 Rudds and 4 Porterhouse
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

Mark Gilje
GCC Member
GCC Member

#48 Post by Mark Gilje » January 27th, 2020, 8:15 am

Hangers (again!), Ribeyes (again!) and Pichana for the first time. Thanks!

Eric White

#49 Post by Eric White » January 27th, 2020, 8:24 am

Whoo Hoo! Order in :)

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#50 Post by Andrew Kotowski » January 27th, 2020, 8:25 am

Eric White wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 8:24 am
Whoo Hoo! Order in :)
Hah! Just come up to my place :D Bring Carolyn (and your shoes), while you're at it!
You can find me at the grill, but you’ll need to figure out the URL yourself! @akgrill

Return to “BerserkerDay 11 Forum - (Jan 27, 2020) 'The Black Friday of Wine Commerce' - Forbes”