It's Coffee Time Again--some Micro Lot beauties

Here is the beginning of your journey!! We are excited to offer these great Microlot coffees again this year [bye.gif]. These are small, exclusive, incredible offerings that empower coffee growers, showcase triumphant experiments and meticulous production, and revolutionize the coffee experience

You will receive 2-8oz sealed, one way valve bags of each coffee. All of these coffees will be roasted to a City/Medium roast on Tuesday January 28 and will be shipped on January 30. These are small production coffees so we are limited in the number of orders we can take.

E-mail us with any questions. Megank@thecoffeegrounds.com

$78 shipping included for 4# of Micro-lot Coffee. Click this link to place your order.

Make sure to use the discount code BD2020 for your free shipping!!

It’s a lot of reading!!!

Kiandu - Mutheka F.C.S. - Nyeri - AA
Country Kenya
Region Tetu, Nyeri
Farm Various smallholder members of the Mutheka Farmers Cooperative Society
Variety SL-28, SL-34, Ruiru 11, Batian, K7
Altitude 1700 masl
Process Washed
Rich sugar flavor with red grape, citrus fruit and brown sugar; sweet and savory with tart juicy acidity and a heavy mouthfeel.

The Kiandu Coffee Factory is part of the Mutheka Farmer’s Cooperative Society (F.C.S.), which consisting of almost 6,000 active members delivering to seven factories. There is a common average of about 160 coffee trees per farmer, and most farms grow other crops such as maize, beans, and sweet potatoes.

Maputo - Finca Maputo - Rancho Tio Emilio - Hybrid #10
Country Ecuador
Region La Perla, Nanegal, Pichincha
Farm Rancho Tio Emilio
Variety Hybrid #10
Altitude 1350 masl
Process Washed
Tart, sweet and clean with lemon, caramel and praline flavors.

Rancho Tio Emilio is a farm owned by José Gaibor, but farmed by his brother Henry and his wife, Verena, oversee the daily operations of Rancho Tio Emilio, as well as their own land at Maputo and Hakuna Matata where they devote their time, energy, and resources to this passion—coffee.

Together, they are doing everything right when it comes to picking, processing, and drying coffees, and are producing “some of the best coffees I have ever tasted.”

This coffee us grown in La Perla, Nanegal, which is in the province of Pichincha, relatively close to the border of Colombia. The area where the farms are located has a very specific microclimate and even though it’s relatively low altitude for Ecuador around 1350 meters, humidity is high and a visitor often sees mist covering the coffee fields in the afternoons. It becomes much cooler at night, as well, and the unique combination of characteristics gives this coffee a very special quality.

Eivar Samboni - Los Naranjos Competition #4 - San Agustín - Huila
Country Colombia
Region San Agustín, Huila
Farm Mira Flores
Variety Caturra
Altitude 1700 masl
Process Washed
Sweet with lots of tangy fruit acidity and a sugary mouthfeel; lots of green grape acidity and red grapefruit flavors with caramel and burnt sugar flavors and floral flavors.

Asociación Los Naranjos was founded by a small and tight-knit group of farmers in the area surrounding the town of San Agustín, Huila. Despite the small size of the farms—2.5 hectares or less, on average—and the fact that most producers grow fewer than 12,000 trees, the coffees coming from Los Naranjos have consistently been some of the best and brightest on the cupping table, year after year.

In 2019, our coffee importer and our export partners in San Agustín, co-hosted a cupping contest for the members of the association and this coffee was one of the winning lots featured in the first Los Naranjos Competition.

La Candelilla Micromill - Typica - Honey
Country Costa Rica
Region Tarrazú
Variety Typica
Altitude 1400–1900 masl
Process Honey
Berry flavor with chocolate, caramel, orange and green grape flavors; sweet and soft with balanced fruit acidity and a juicy mouthfeel.

La Candelilla was one of the first micromills in Tarrazú, opening in 2000, and was established and owned by 7 smallholder producers in Tarrazú. This lot is from one of the founders of the mill, Ricardo Hernandez Naranjo, who has been growing coffee for 32 years, and is dedicated to the process, as are many of the producers who utilize La Candelilla.

I roast my own beans but since discovering Eric last year on BDX, I’ve been buying regularly. Gentle touch w the roasts. I’ll be in again with this offer.

Says it’s already sold out???

Let’s hope not!

Sorry to all–I was out of the store and had to work on this remotely with my employees and things weren’t as easy as the past offerings.

We had to run a website test to make sure that the discount/pricing all worked correctly and then didn’t take it off line–just left it as sold out–which caused some confusion.

We are good to go today so buy away.

Hi Eric,

What would you say is the optimal window to use these beans? And is there a big drop off at a certain point? I’m speaking more to sealed bags. Thanks!

I do not drink coffee. I had one cup in the past 50 years (In Kona, at a coffee plantation, about four hours after it was picked). My wife, OTOH, grinds her own beans every day for a fresh pot as soon as she gets up in the morning. Do not get in her way until the pot is brewing.

SERIOUS QUESTION - Will she really be able to taste the difference? Is it objectively better tasting in some way? Her palate - she thinks Starbucks is the Devil’s Spawn because they burn their coffee beans and she really likes the high mountain free trade coffee we got at a plantation store in Monteverde when we were in Costa Rica. If the answers to my questions is yes, what should I get for her?

Grabbed one.

in x 2.

In for me!

In for 2 sets. Thank you!

Dennis- sent an email yesterday but have not heard back. Please take a look when you have a minute.

Thank you

Sorry for the really late replies.

I am out of town and trying to get this done from afar.

Yes, you should be able to tell the difference. Much like wine, coffee has terrior, processing, varietal influences that are noticeable.

We still have some available and are roasting it on Tuesday. It doesn’t get any fresher than that. As Alan said, we roast to a lighter style. To me, that keeps all of the great subtle flavors from these wonderful beans.

Eric

Ordered, but couldn’t figure out how to get the free shipping.

Thanks for the cool offer Eric. Couldn’t pass up some micro-lot Costa Rica.

In for one.

I tried, as well. Kind of ironic, living in Seattle and all.