*** ASTREA CAVIAR - HIGH END CAVIAR DEALS FOR BD11- FRESHLY PACKED FOR THIS SALE PRICING GOOD ALL FEB***

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD11
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

*** ASTREA CAVIAR - HIGH END CAVIAR DEALS FOR BD11- FRESHLY PACKED FOR THIS SALE PRICING GOOD ALL FEB***

#1 Post by c fu » January 5th, 2020, 7:21 pm

I've had the opportunity to sell some of Astrea's delicious caviar here before and I'm happy to say I have the go-ahead to do so again for Berserkerday. These are all freshly packed in this past week so you'll be getting the freshest possible caviar.

A little about the caviar

The sturgeon are raised 6,500ft above sea level. The pure spring water, stable year-round temperature and lack of pollution ensure the best growing condition for our sturgeons. At such high altitude our fish grow slower, and as a result, lay eggs that are larger in size and more complex in flavor.

Our sturgeons range in age from 10 to over 25 years old. For reference, most caviar is produced from fish that are anywhere from five to eight years old. When they reach maturity, we don’t extract the eggs until the third roe production cycle. The fish absorb the first two roe cycles, which gives them additional nutrition to produce bigger and more flavorful eggs in the third cycle.

Before extraction, we transfer the fish into low-temperature fish ponds with controlled conditions of 8% salt content and a temperature of 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit. There they reside for two months to mimic deep sea conditions. Once extracted, the eggs are cleaned and cured with less than 3% salt content before going through an extended aging period of one to four months. These practices add complexity and depth to our caviar’s flavor.

Our sturgeons fish are grown in natural spring water. We never treat them with antibiotics, instead, we use proprietary natural healing organic herbs to boost immunity. We do not use borax as a preservative, nor do we use food coloring to enhance the color of our eggs. What you see and taste is all natural, a product of carefully raised, mature sturgeon combined with a specialized aging process we have perfected. Similar to wine making, the process of curing and aging caviar is a closely guarded trade secret, an art form unto itself.
I'll be offering three types of caviar for individual sale and a few bundles.

For the individual sales

we will be offering 20% off all retail pricing.
Free shipping for all orders over $300.
Shipping is $35 within California and $55 outside of California - Fedex overnight delivery.
Mother of Pearl spoon will be free for all orders

#1 - Our Premier Selection - Baerii sturgeon. Our Baerii caviar is harvested from pure bred Siberian Acipenser Baerii sturgeons of at least 10 in age. The eggs are medium in size with black to pearl grey tone, silky texture and long, pure finish of the ocean. Aged 1-2 months.

30g tin - normally $80 - discounted to $64
50g tin - normally $125 - discounted to $100
200g tin - normally $400- discounted to $320 - very limited supply, first come first serve 4 left

#2 - Our other Premier Selection and most popular - Kaluga Hybrid. Our Kaluga hybrid caviar is harvested from cross bred Huso Dauricus and Acipenser Schrenckii sturgeons of at least twelve years in age. The eggs are large in size, pearl grey to golden brown in color. It has a rich yet elegant creamy flavor with firm and crisp texture complemented by persistent, complex finish. Aged 1-2 months.

30g tin - normally $110- discounted to $88

50g tin
- normally $175 - discounted to $140
200g tin - normally $600- discounted to $480 - SOLD OUT

#3 - One of our flagship caviar Grand selection Schrenckii Sturgeon. Amur Sturgeon caviar--is harvested from pure bred Acipenser Schrenckii sturgeons from Heilongjiang, a north eastern province that borders Russia. Sturgeons are 12 to 16 years in age and their eggs are medium to large in size, light brown or grey to golden in color, with a bright golden shimmer.

30g tin - normally $145- discounted to $116
50g tin - normally $205 - discounted to $164
200g tin - normally $800- discounted to $640 - very limited supply, first come first serve 2 left

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package deals

Package #1 - A tasty sample size pack

1x 50g Baerii - regular price $125
1x 50g Kaluga Hybrid - regular price $175
1x 50g Schrenckii - regular price $205

Regular price - $505

BERSERKER DAY PRICE- $380 with free shipping (25% off!)

Package #2 - A bunch of baby caviar

2x 30g Baerii - regular price $160
2x 30g Kaluga Hybrid - regular price $190
2x 30g Schrenckii - regular price $290

Regular Price- $640

BERSERKER DAY PRICE- $480 with free shipping (25% off!)

Package #3 - Bigger is better
SOLD OUT
1x 200g Baerii - regular price $400
1x 200g Kaluga Hybrid - regular price $600
1x 200g Schrenckii - regular price $800

regular price - $1800
BERSERKER DAY PRICE - $1170 with free shipping, 35% off!

Package #3 - MIX AND MATCH YOUR OWN WAY!

Any order with 350g or more of caviar will receive a 30% discount off the regular price and free shipping

Please email me at CaviarCharlie@gmail.com to order - subject line "BD CAVIAR"
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

Re: *** ASTREA CAVIAR - HIGH END CAVIAR DEALS FOR BD11- FRESHLY PACKED FOR THIS SALE***

#2 Post by c fu » January 26th, 2020, 8:29 am

I’ve gotten this question a few times this morning

30g can feed one hungry person or two people
50g is comfortably two to three people
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Aaron P o t t s
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: *** ASTREA CAVIAR - HIGH END CAVIAR DEALS FOR BD11- FRESHLY PACKED FOR THIS SALE***

#3 Post by Aaron P o t t s » January 26th, 2020, 11:10 am

Order in! Excited to try.

RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by RyanC » January 26th, 2020, 11:12 am

Excellent! In for one of the packages. I picked up some Kaluga from Charlie for NYE and it was phenomenal and a huge crowd pleaser. This is great stuff.
C@ughey

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Mark Y » January 26th, 2020, 11:22 am

Time to reload... In for some!!

Gotten from Charlie several times before and the quality is amazing!

Pair this with some bubbly and basically any occasion turns into a party! Also while 30G is fine, you will want 50G tin for a couple of people!
Y.e.

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Warren Taranow » January 26th, 2020, 11:45 am

In; for the third time! Charlie has become my primary source for excellent caviar.

Cheers!
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

MatthewT
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by MatthewT » January 26th, 2020, 1:08 pm

in for package #1, excited to try it
I'm a Turk, though not from Turkey, it's actually my last name

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#8 Post by c fu » January 26th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Thank you for all those that have placed orders whether you commented or not. Really appreciate a good start with the GCC preview.

Exchanged many an email with you all today over the caviar. My daughter was constantly yelling at me to pay attention to her in the museum. Ha!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Charlie Carnes » January 26th, 2020, 5:35 pm

c fu wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:29 am

Unless you one of my kids, and then you run through fire for a dose of fish eggs, and beat people away with a stick if they try to get their grubby hands on your stash!!!!
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

p.perret
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by p.perret » January 26th, 2020, 6:00 pm

c fu wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 4:45 pm
Thank you for all those that have placed orders whether you commented or not. Really appreciate a good start with the GCC preview.

Exchanged many an email with you all today over the caviar. My daughter was constantly yelling at me to pay attention to her in the museum. Ha!
Looking forward to sharing all three of these offerings with close ones and some Champagnes highlighted on your IG. Thank you, Charlie. Forward my apology to your daughter as such together time is priceless!
paul perret

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#11 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 8:48 am

Charlie Carnes wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 5:35 pm
c fu wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 8:29 am

Unless you one of my kids, and then you run through fire for a dose of fish eggs, and beat people away with a stick if they try to get their grubby hands on your stash!!!!
That’s cause you’re a beast. Gonna bring some for Jorge’s bach party. Hopefully everyone can get past you. Lol
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

C Chen

#12 Post by C Chen » January 27th, 2020, 8:52 am

Astrea Caviar is straight crack. Order in for Kaluga Hybrid!
CT: C Chen

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#13 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 9:04 am

C Chen wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 8:52 am
Astrea Caviar is straight crack. Order in for Kaluga Hybrid!
Thanks!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Eric White

#14 Post by Eric White » January 27th, 2020, 9:06 am

Hey Charlie - your email is bouncing back, I can't seem to get an order in?

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to CarviarCharlie@gmail.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#15 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 9:16 am

Eric White wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:06 am

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to CarviarCharlie@gmail.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
Eric,

It's cause i'm an idiot and i can't spell caviar.

Caviarcharlie@gmail.com
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Eric White

#16 Post by Eric White » January 27th, 2020, 9:17 am

c fu wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:16 am
Eric White wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:06 am

Address not found
Eric,

It's cause i'm an idiot and i can't spell caviar.

Caviarcharlie@gmail.com
Ha! And I blindly copy-and-pasted ;) email sent!

Eric Sch

#17 Post by Eric Sch » January 27th, 2020, 9:23 am

I did the same, bounced the first order email. Thanks for the offer, my wife and daughter have been craving some caviar and your timing was perfect.
"Cristal's out schoolboy... make it a magnum of Grande Dame and I'll think about it."

Erich Sachse
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Erich Sachse » January 27th, 2020, 9:31 am

Thanks for the offer -- can't wait to try the variety pack!

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#19 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 9:43 am

thank you all! greatly appreciate the orders! If anyone has any issues with the caviar they receive, please let me know. We stand behind the product 100%
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Eric White

#20 Post by Eric White » January 27th, 2020, 9:50 am

Order in for package #2. one question: I've never been in a position to hold caviar for any length of time, we typically consume it within a day or two of purchase. How long is it safe to store in the fridge and still retain optimal (or close) quality?

TonyW

#21 Post by TonyW » January 27th, 2020, 9:53 am

Order in for Package 1! Been looking forward to this deal all year, Thanks!

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#22 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 10:06 am

Eric White wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:50 am
Order in for package #2. one question: I've never been in a position to hold caviar for any length of time, we typically consume it within a day or two of purchase. How long is it safe to store in the fridge and still retain optimal (or close) quality?
These were just packed. So 6 weeks would be perfectly fine. Keep it in the coldest part of the fridge. The colder it is, the better the seal, the longer it stays fresh!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Eric White

#23 Post by Eric White » January 27th, 2020, 10:11 am

c fu wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 10:06 am
Eric White wrote:
These were just packed. So 6 weeks would be perfectly fine. Keep it in the coldest part of the fridge. The colder it is, the better the seal, the longer it stays fresh!
Excellent, thanks Charlie!

Bill_G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Bill_G » January 27th, 2020, 10:21 am

Charlie,

Thanks! Just ordered a trio of tins. I really appreciate you offering to hold the order until the week of Valentines Day. Thanks for making me look good at home with the Mrs.!

Best,

Bill
G l o v e r

kevanmah

#25 Post by kevanmah » January 27th, 2020, 10:27 am

Grabbed package 1. Thanks Charlie! If they arrive in time for the Superbowl, I'll enjoy it with some tater tots and creme fraiche!

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#26 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 10:31 am

kevanmah wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 10:27 am
Grabbed package 1. Thanks Charlie! If they arrive in time for the Superbowl, I'll enjoy it with some tater tots and creme fraiche!
Get those Tater Tots ready to fry!

all orders will be going out wed/thursday for overnight delivery. (Unless previously requested otherwise)
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Mark Y » January 27th, 2020, 10:41 am

Eric White wrote:
I had a pack that i forgot about for 8-9 weeks in our garage fridge.. tasted just fine... it's kinda like "recommended serving date" and 'really? Is it bad? - probably not"
[cheers.gif]
Y.e.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#28 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 11:02 am

Mark Y wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 10:41 am
Eric White wrote:
I had a pack that i forgot about for 8-9 weeks in our garage fridge.. tasted just fine... it's kinda like "recommended serving date" and 'really? Is it bad? - probably not"
[cheers.gif]
Mark also got a shipment that ended up getting delayed by Fedex so the caviar tin was no longer cold when he received it. I sent him a replacement ASAP.

He actually dared to try both of them side by side... and apparently they tasted exactly the same. Guess caviar is more resilient than I give it credit for as long as it's still sealed
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Mike Evans » January 27th, 2020, 11:02 am

In for a package #2.

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Mike Evans » January 27th, 2020, 11:21 am

It is amazing how easy the Internet makes it to spend a lot of money, if the caviar is as smooth as the ordering process I’ll be very happy.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#31 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 11:37 am

Mike Evans wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:21 am
It is amazing how easy the Internet makes it to spend a lot of money, if the caviar is as smooth as the ordering process I’ll be very happy.
thank you for the order Mike! Hope you enjoy it :)
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Frank Z
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Frank Z » January 27th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Wanted to say thanks again Charlie! Super excited for this and cant wait to enjoy with some Champagne I brought back from France!

champagne.gif
Frank Zhang

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#33 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 12:17 pm

Frank Z wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 12:08 pm
Wanted to say thanks again Charlie! Super excited for this and cant wait to enjoy with some Champagne I brought back from France!

champagne.gif
thanks Frank! It goes awesome with champers!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Mark Y » January 27th, 2020, 12:20 pm

c fu wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:02 am
Mark also got a shipment that ended up getting delayed by Fedex so the caviar tin was no longer cold when he received it. I sent him a replacement ASAP.

He actually dared to try both of them side by side... and apparently they tasted exactly the same. Guess caviar is more resilient than I give it credit for as long as it's still sealed
Oh yah.. forgot all about that.
Fedex overnight didn't make it, sat in a warehouse in Seattle over the weekend, and by the time i got it, the package was room temp.. (70 degrees or so in June).

Charlie was awesome, sent replacements right away, arrived cold packed and all is well.

Did a blind side by side with the 'spoiled' caviar and the 'good' caviar, and most people didn't really taste a difference, and when forced to pick a favorite it was more or less split between the two.

Bottomline, Great customer service from Charlie/Astrea, and Fedex - pls delay all future shipments for me! ;)
Y.e.

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#35 Post by David Glasser » January 27th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Just grabbed one of the packs. Starting a batch of creme fraiche.

Scott G r u n e r

#36 Post by Scott G r u n e r » January 27th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Excited to try the #1 Sampler!
//Cynic

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#37 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 2:29 pm

David Glasser wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 1:56 pm
We hosted a caviar / champagne tasting at the local wine shop for the holidays. We did some creme fraiche and blinis for people but almost universally everyone enjoyed it without the creme fraiche for the kaluga and Schrenckii. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised trying them without any carb/creme/additions, especially the Schrenckii.

I just like to do a quick caviar fist bump myself!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by David Glasser » January 27th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to trying these!

Scott G r u n e r

#39 Post by Scott G r u n e r » January 27th, 2020, 4:28 pm

c fu wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:29 pm
David Glasser wrote:
We hosted a caviar / champagne tasting at the local wine shop for the holidays. We did some creme fraiche and blinis for people but almost universally everyone enjoyed it without the creme fraiche for the kaluga and Schrenckii. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised trying them without any carb/creme/additions, especially the Schrenckii.

One of my favorite accoutrements in general is to take some excellent fresh eggs and sous vide them until the yolk is jelly consistency. Put a little smear of that jellied yolk on a mild flavored toast or blini.
//Cynic

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#40 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Scott G r u n e r wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 4:28 pm
c fu wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:29 pm
David Glasser wrote:

One of my favorite accoutrements in general is to take some excellent fresh eggs and sous vide them until the yolk is jelly consistency. Put a little smear of that jellied yolk on a mild flavored toast or blini.
*drool*
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Greg Mitrakas

#41 Post by Greg Mitrakas » January 27th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Order in for WB package #2. Looking forward to the sampling!!

Am bringing one each of the 3 tins to do a little caviar tasting this Thursday--what specifically would you recommend for a cracker or other vessel, if any? And an extra brut champagne might be the best beverage match? I've heard ice cold vodka is another nice pairing.

Thanks again, Greg

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#42 Post by c fu » January 27th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Greg Mitrakas wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 6:33 pm
Order in for WB package #2. Looking forward to the sampling!!

Am bringing one each of the 3 tins to do a little caviar tasting this Thursday--what specifically would you recommend for a cracker or other vessel, if any? And an extra brut champagne might be the best beverage match? I've heard ice cold vodka is another nice pairing.

Thanks again, Greg
any non salted carb is fine as a vessel, probably something on the thinner side. I'm also not opposed to a slip of nice french butter + bread + baerii, delicious combo.

pairing wise - i like a more oxidative style champagne to go with it. But extra dry is fine too.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Chris Blum » January 27th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Excited to try the Sampler Pack. Buckwheat blini, potatoes and some champagne.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Cindy W a n

#44 Post by Cindy W a n » January 27th, 2020, 10:17 pm

In for a sampler pack. Can't wait!

George Chadwick
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by George Chadwick » January 27th, 2020, 10:23 pm

Got the #1 package. Thanks Charlie!

J. Schenck

#46 Post by J. Schenck » January 27th, 2020, 10:54 pm

oh hm yes this needs to happen
Justin S.

Michael Lee

Re: *** ASTREA CAVIAR - HIGH END CAVIAR DEALS FOR BD11- FRESHLY PACKED FOR THIS SALE PRICING GOOD UNTIL 1/31***

#47 Post by Michael Lee » January 27th, 2020, 11:07 pm

A nice spoonful of the caviar also goes well on top of thin slices of Hamachi with a drop or two of Tosa Joyu.

P.S. - Also placed an order. Thanks again, Charlie.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

Re: *** ASTREA CAVIAR - HIGH END CAVIAR DEALS FOR BD11- FRESHLY PACKED FOR THIS SALE PRICING GOOD UNTIL 1/31***

#48 Post by c fu » January 28th, 2020, 2:39 pm

thanks for the orders all! They'll all be shipped out wed/thursday for overnight delivery!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

J. Schenck

#49 Post by J. Schenck » January 28th, 2020, 4:52 pm

ordered a package #2
Justin S.

Craig Haserot
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#50 Post by Craig Haserot » January 29th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Charlie -

Long time to chat. Call me in me office on 707-933-9753 to chat about caviar. I have some questions and don't have your contact .

Thanks
Craig Haserot, Proprietor - Sojourn Cellars
chaserot@sojourncellars.com
Super cool new Sojourn video here - Link (best viewed in 4K if you have bandwidth)

Return to “BerserkerDay 11 Forum - (Jan 27, 2020) 'The Black Friday of Wine Commerce' - Forbes”