Grassl Glasses (and a few Zaltos)

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD11
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Grassl Glasses (and a few Zaltos)

#101 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 27th, 2020, 11:57 am

I now have cru, mineralite, 1855 and tasting glasses, pretty solid.

MikeHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

#102 Post by MikeHill » January 27th, 2020, 12:12 pm

Megan Joy wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:23 am
Chris Freemott wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 9:22 am
It seems the glasses are $5 more this year but oddly the decanter is $20 less.
Correct. Last year we sold the glasses at a loss after accounting for shipping/boxes/labor. The $5.00 keeps me whole.

The decanter frankly hasn't sold well. I wanted to see if a lower # would result in an increase in volume. It truly is that simple. :)

I hope the price drop does work.... I know Marcus has posted on the glasses, but we love the decanter you sent us too!!!

Really, this is the MOST FUNCTIONAL DECANTER I have ever used. We poured from it during the big walk around tastings for IPNC last year. I thought tasting pours from any decanter in that setting would be a train wreck, but with the Grassl it was a piece of cake.
Well, you got one more decanter order from me! Good to hear Megan's feedback, this is just what I've been looking for.

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#103 Post by Peter Simpson » January 27th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Chris, hope you are well. We have managed to break three of our eight Gabriel Gold glasses since last year. I can attest they don't survive when you knock them off the table onto a hardwood floor! :-)

Which of the Grassi glasses would be be the most similar in shape and performance?
Cheers, Peter

Carlton McCrindle
GCC Member
GCC Member

#104 Post by Carlton McCrindle » January 27th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Hi Chris:I just place an order. Could you look it over to make sure I did it correctly? Thanks!

jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#105 Post by jason stein » January 27th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Managed to break one of my Zalto Burgundies today. Just picked up 2 more -- thanks Chris!

danielahn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by danielahn » January 27th, 2020, 3:29 pm

Are the Cru sold out?

NicholasP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#107 Post by NicholasP » January 27th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Just placed my (back)order! Can’t wait!
@nicholaspopp
CT: SubRosaEtVinum

JAKE H A N C O C K

#108 Post by JAKE H A N C O C K » January 27th, 2020, 3:51 pm

Bought a mixed dozen last year and found them delicate, expressive and durable (and I’m a caveman).

In for another dozen and a decanter this year.

Thanks Chris.

NoriY

#109 Post by NoriY » January 27th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Order placed. Happy customer here with Chris's excellent service. I'm presuming the replacement policy extends for these purchases Chris?

I know you're super busy, but if you can get back to me when you have a chance on the PM. Thank you!
y 0 g ()

Karl_O'Donoghue
GCC Member
GCC Member

#110 Post by Karl_O'Donoghue » January 27th, 2020, 5:04 pm

ordered decanter, to go with my other glasses. Great service as always Chris. thx. Karl.

Greg Mitrakas

#111 Post by Greg Mitrakas » January 27th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Hi Chris. First time order placed. Had likely self induced issue with placing additional order on website for some 1855's, so I emailed you. Thank you and can't wait to try these stems. Greg Mitrakas

Kirk.Grant
GCC Member
GCC Member

#112 Post by Kirk.Grant » January 27th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Chris,

email is sent. Having problems with the website, but in no rush to get the wine glasses shipped.

Thanks, Kirk
Cellartracker:Kirk Grant

Michael Lee

#113 Post by Michael Lee » January 27th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Chris,

Did I read correctly that the prices will be honored through Friday? (I'm looking at the decanters you're selling.)

Thanks.

Michael

P.S. - I'm really enjoying the Mineralite glasses I got last year for sparkling wines.

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#114 Post by Chris Freemott » January 27th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Folks - I had to step away for my real job for 5 hours today (unreal timing) - Here is what you all need to know

1- Pricing is in place until Friday
2- I'm going to go through each of the glasses and take screen shots of specifically how to order those on backorder and post in a thread soon (hopefully tonight - but not for a while)
3 - The demand was unreal. over 300 orders! You are all wonderful. Thank you for the support
4 - Yes, WB people have the $10.00 breakage guarantee
5 - The first 98 boxes went out today - the Amazon truck driver started laughing when I opened the garage
6 - If I don't reply to your emails right away, please know I will get to them. Right now my Apple Air menu bar shows 660 unread emails - and I keep that number at 0 daily!

Thank you again. Please don't hesitate to reach out - just give me a few days. We plan on shipping all that can be shipped by a week from today, if not sooner. i will then be using this thread as an update of the container and the process of getting those backorders out.

Glasses DO break in transit via me to you. I did hold back approximately 12 glasses of each type to handle that as we have a 1% loss rate. Just email me. We'll make sure you're taken care of.

I have to get back to the garage.

Cheers!

Chris

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#115 Post by Chris Freemott » January 27th, 2020, 9:33 pm

The following screenshots are how you will be able to place orders for stems not in stock (backorders). The Grassl glass (Tasting room glass) is 6 units per 1 quantity.

These will be available for backorder until Friday at midnight CST.

Delivery to the USA is 6 weeks from next monday and then 2 weeks to me and then you.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.29.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.28.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.28.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.27.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 11.20.12 AM.png

J. Schenck

#116 Post by J. Schenck » January 27th, 2020, 10:59 pm

oh hey my decanter sucks. guess it won't soon!
Justin S.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#117 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 27th, 2020, 11:58 pm

brigcampbell wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 11:33 am
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 10:25 am
Curious to hear folks' thoughts on Cru vs. 1855. I saw the specs, but am curious what experiences have revealed.
Brian, I like the Cru and it makes a great beer glass too.

here's a review last year.

Thanks for the video, Brig. [cheers.gif] I just ordered 4x Cru, 2x Liberte, and 2x Mineralite. Will give these a shot and supplement next year, in accordance with my preferences.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

NickRut
GCC Member
GCC Member

#118 Post by NickRut » January 28th, 2020, 2:06 am

Was able to grab a Zalto decanter. Wish I could buy more but I have too many Grassls as it stands. No space for more unfortunately.
Rutkowski

Greg Mitrakas

#119 Post by Greg Mitrakas » January 28th, 2020, 4:00 am

Screen shots worked great Chris. All orders in via your website!! Thanks again and can't wait to try the new stems!! Greg

Brent C l a y t o n

#120 Post by Brent C l a y t o n » January 28th, 2020, 10:55 am

I use the Liberte for beer, particularly hazy/hoppy IPA's
‘Purveyor of Plonk’
Threadsinker
ITB Sales
IG@bigdaddyb420wine

Tom F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#121 Post by Tom F. » January 28th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Peter Simpson wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 1:11 pm
Chris, hope you are well. We have managed to break three of our eight Gabriel Gold glasses since last year. I can attest they don't survive when you knock them off the table onto a hardwood floor! :-)

Which of the Grassi glasses would be be the most similar in shape and performance?
I didn't see an answer to your question so i'll give you my unsolicited opinion. I view the liberte as the most similar to the GGG. The shape and proportions are very similar with the most noticeable difference being the liberte has a larger base diameter and slightly thicker stem. The weight of the two is almost identical, my very inaccurate kitchen scale puts the GGG at 84g and the liberte at 86g. I'm sure both measurements are off but the comparison should be close. The GGG is a little more refined in terms of consistency from glass to glass IMO but the price difference negates that several times over in my opinion. I'm also basing that on the early run glasses from last year. I reach for a grassl liberte at home 10 to 1 over the GGG's and Zalto universals I have.

I'm sure Chris has better and more accurate thoughts since he sells or has sold all of them.
T 0 m F | 0 y d

Tom F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#122 Post by Tom F. » January 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Has anyone whose order has shipped been able to see tracking info? The email I received looks like it has an Amazon shipping tracking link but it doesn't go anywhere (on mobile or desktop).
T 0 m F | 0 y d

S. Williams

#123 Post by S. Williams » January 28th, 2020, 1:36 pm

The problem with letting these deals linger is now I went ahead and bought more glasses, and a couple decanters, after all.
$u$@n Wi!!i@m$

John Draper

#124 Post by John Draper » January 28th, 2020, 1:55 pm

after vacillating all day Sun and Mon and telling myself I need more wine glasses like a need the proverbial hole in my head....I just pulled the trigger for 4 Liberte and 4 1855. sigh!
liberstein

Peter Simpson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#125 Post by Peter Simpson » January 28th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Tom F. wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 12:48 pm
Peter Simpson wrote:

I didn't see an answer to your question so i'll give you my unsolicited opinion. I view the liberte as the most similar to the GGG. The shape and proportions are very similar with the most noticeable difference being the liberte has a larger base diameter and slightly thicker stem. The weight of the two is almost identical, my very inaccurate kitchen scale puts the GGG at 84g and the liberte at 86g. I'm sure both measurements are off but the comparison should be close. The GGG is a little more refined in terms of consistency from glass to glass IMO but the price difference negates that several times over in my opinion. I'm also basing that on the early run glasses from last year. I reach for a grassl liberte at home 10 to 1 over the GGG's and Zalto universals I have.

I'm sure Chris has better and more accurate thoughts since he sells or has sold all of them.
Tom, thank you so much for the info, I went ahead and ordered four of the Liberte' [cheers.gif]
Cheers, Peter

byuen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#126 Post by byuen » January 28th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Tom F. wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Has anyone whose order has shipped been able to see tracking info? The email I received looks like it has an Amazon shipping tracking link but it doesn't go anywhere (on mobile or desktop).
I haven’t been able to track either. I tried a few third party websites that claimed to track Amazon tracking numbers, but none worked. Chris did mention in a post that the Amazon truck was picking up orders from his garage yesterday.
Brendan Y u 3 n

Tom F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#127 Post by Tom F. » January 28th, 2020, 6:33 pm

byuen wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Tom F. wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 12:55 pm
I haven’t been able to track either. I tried a few third party websites that claimed to track Amazon tracking numbers, but none worked. Chris did mention in a post that the Amazon truck was picking up orders from his garage yesterday.
Good to know that I'm not the only one. They will get here when they get here!
T 0 m F | 0 y d

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#128 Post by Chris Freemott » January 28th, 2020, 8:52 pm

Yes. Dominant shipper is amazon. Yes. Consumer tracking stinks. This is a beta program for amazon. I was selected due to my high marks for what I sell via their site.

I’ll find the consumer link tomorrow and post it.

I’ll also send out an email from the site.

I didn’t realize their consumer facing version was so clunky. But. They pick up. And it’s much less expensive than UPS, FedEx, and USPS for what I ship.

Give this a try. It’s NOT simple. Replace the all caps tracking number word below with the TBA number you likely received in email.
I integrate with shipping easy, which I love, but this AmZn integration and consumer friendliness isn’t up to par yet. I don’t think the APIs are fully baked.

https://track.amazon.com/tracking/TRACKINGNUMBER
Last edited by Chris Freemott on January 28th, 2020, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al Osterheld

#129 Post by Al Osterheld » January 28th, 2020, 8:54 pm

Kudos on the Apple Pay.

-Al

byuen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#130 Post by byuen » January 29th, 2020, 3:07 am

Chris Freemott wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 8:52 pm
Yes. Dominant shipper is amazon. Yes. Consumer tracking stinks. This is a beta program for amazon. I was selected due to my high marks for what I sell via their site.

I didn’t realize their consumer facing version was so clunky. But. They pick up. And it’s much less expensive than UPS, FedEx, and USPS for what I ship.

Give this a try. It’s NOT simple. Replace the all caps tracking number word below with the TBA number you likely received in email.
I integrate with shipping easy, which I love, but this AmZn integration and consumer friendliness isn’t up to par yet. I don’t think the APIs are fully baked.

Copying and pasting the URL and replacing “TRACKINGNUMBER” with the TBA number I received worked. Orders are scheduled for delivery on Thursday!

I also second the kudos on ApplePay, but also made it too easy to come back and place additional orders.
Brendan Y u 3 n

Corey N.

#131 Post by Corey N. » January 29th, 2020, 5:06 am

Peter Simpson wrote:
The Liberte is very similar in shape/performance. The wider base makes the glass quite stable.
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

John Davila

#132 Post by John Davila » January 29th, 2020, 7:01 am

Chris,

You made two things happen today.

First, I registered for this site after a few months of trolling.
Second, I've been in awe of Zalto glasses for years and finally pulled the trigger.

Awesome deal for 6 Burgs and 6 BDX!!!
Thanks!!!

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

#133 Post by cjsavino » January 29th, 2020, 9:34 am

Wow, delivers today. First WB day purchase to arrive
Chris

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#134 Post by Chris Freemott » January 29th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Welcome to the board John. Happy to help. Put them to good use and keep our winemakers employed!

Tom F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#135 Post by Tom F. » January 29th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Thanks for the tracking link. Friday for me and for sure first BD order to arrive!!! About 2 months sooner than last year! At this rate of improvement, next year will be instant! Sorry, couldn't help. I really do love these glasses and can't wait to try the decanter when it arrives, after a proper moonshine rinse/christening of course.
T 0 m F | 0 y d

tpetty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#136 Post by tpetty » January 29th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Got mine today as well. They look great, and I am drinking out of one as I sit at the computer. Now just waiting for the 4 wine purchases!
T o d d *** P e t t y

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#137 Post by JDavisRoby » January 29th, 2020, 6:51 pm

I received a FedEx tracking number that indicated delivery today, which didn't happen and it shows it hasn't shipped yet. I tried the Amazon link trick above and that didn't work. I'm not in a rush to have them, just curious if I'm backordered or if an issue with FedEx?
Joshu@

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#138 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » January 29th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Received my glasses today, though one of the 1855s came shattered. Chris, how do I go about replacing?
CT: InZinity

2019 WOTY:
1987 Dunn Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
1990 Chateau Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
1993 Edmunds St. John Zinfandel Amador County
2007 Martin Mullen Trarbacher Huhnerberg Riesling Auslese
2014 Cedric Bouchard La Boloree

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#139 Post by Chris Freemott » January 29th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Joshua, I’ll review and advise.
Brian, I’ll send another. Had 2 other fatalities today.

Also appears the ‘hey I want to send the tubes back.’ Trigger didn’t fire. Grumble.

No pain. No gain. Sigh.

RickieM

#140 Post by RickieM » January 30th, 2020, 8:41 am

Chris Freemott wrote:
January 28th, 2020, 8:52 pm

Got my shipping notice today with the Amazon tracking number and using Chris' method above, I was able to see the tracking status. Delivery is scheduled for Monday. Thanks, Chris!
Rickie Miy@ke

sdfruman
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

#141 Post by sdfruman » January 30th, 2020, 8:59 am

sdfruman wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 10:05 am
cjsavino wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 9:45 am
I sampled the Mineralite glass last year and can recommend this is an excellent champagne glass, just drives the concentrated nose right at you. And order placed for 4 mineralite
Thanks for reminding me what I didn't get last year! In for 6 Mineralte and a tasting kit.
Just received my order. There's no information on how I return the packing tubes and the tasting kit. I want to get this back to you ASAP. Please advise. I've sent a DM to you here, and also emailed you, but haven't received a response.
Sheila

“There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne.”
― Bette Davis

Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#142 Post by Jeff_M. » January 30th, 2020, 10:59 am

Got my order this morning. Can't wait to cycle out the winery glasses with these nice ones.
Jeff M 0 l l

byuen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#143 Post by byuen » January 30th, 2020, 12:19 pm

Two of my three orders were delivered today, excited to give these a try tonight.
Brendan Y u 3 n

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#144 Post by Chris Freemott » January 30th, 2020, 12:33 pm

Just received my order. There's no information on how I return the packing tubes and the tasting kit. I want to get this back to you ASAP. Please advise. I've sent a DM to you here, and also emailed you, but haven't received a response.
The software did not work - I need to email everyone who wants a label.

-Chris

M. Tam

#145 Post by M. Tam » January 30th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Order placed for two Cru and one decanter! Can't wait to test these out.

Thanks Chris.
M i c h a e l

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#146 Post by Robert M yers » January 30th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Chris, I’d like to get a pair of 1855...site saying sold out. Advise on how to order, thanks.

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#147 Post by Chris Freemott » January 30th, 2020, 10:04 pm

Robert. Scroll up to the images from the site. You need to put in a backorder order.

PM me if you get stuck sir.

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#148 Post by Robert M yers » January 30th, 2020, 11:17 pm

Ok, found it. For anybody who is as challenged as me...under the quantity tab the last selection is backorder.

Looking forward to rounding out the collection, no idea why I didn’t order the 1855 last year? The Libertre is our go to champagne glass, not even a close second in the house.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#149 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » January 31st, 2020, 10:36 am

I got weak and increased my order from 8 stems to 14. Thanks, again, Chris for the great deal!
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#150 Post by Dave McIsaac » January 31st, 2020, 11:17 am

My Crus showed up today - can't wait to try them out.

I still need to catch up with Chris about replacing 3 Liberte stems I have smashed over the past year. All were my fault!!
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Return to “BerserkerDay 11 Forum - (Jan 27, 2020) 'The Black Friday of Wine Commerce' - Forbes”