CELLARS 33

Year #8 for us - WOW! [thankyou.gif]

I’ve had a lot of wine tonight so time to post a wine offer for Berserker Day - seems just right, actually. First, a very brief bio:

I started making wine as an unpaid intern grunt at Freeman Winery (an incredibly beautiful place making special wines) in 2007. I came back for two additional years of intern abuse neener because I just friggin loved every minute of it. Deep down the rabbit hole I went and Cellars 33 was born.

Thereafter, my wife and I moved to San Francisco in 2010 where I began working as the Assistant Winemaker to Ed Kurtzman. I worked with Ed on the wines for Sandler, August West, Roar and many others. Oh, and I got paid for that … shhh don’t tell him but I would have done it for free. [cheers.gif]

Once we got Cellars 33 off the ground and I picked up some wine making clients, I began to focus on building out the Cellars 33 program. We have grown from 137 cases in our first commercial release to about 1,750 cases this year.

We’ve been very fortunate to enjoy the loyalty of a devoted Mailing List and some excellent distribution channels. The 7 previous Berserker Days have also helped get us exposed to many new customers and we’re very appreciative to Todd and everyone connected with this insane asylum - THANK YOU. Now, the wines. . . . . .

4 Pinot Noirs rated 90+ points for $100

1. 2013 ‘Gloria Vineyard’ Pinot Noir - “The second vintage from the estate vineyard at Freeman Vineyard & Winery. Harvest Brix 24.4º. Pommard, 115, Calera and Martini clones. Aged 10 months in once-used Francois Frères oak barrels. Bottled unfined and unfiltered. · Moderately light cherry red color in the glass. Aromas of cherry and sous-bois dance from the glass. Light to mid weight flavors of cherry, raspberry and spice expand in the mouth to fill every nook and cranny. Highly appealing with very soft tannins, admirable finesse, and impeccable balance. The finish is loaded with cherry swagger, but this wine is more about personality than power. Score: 92.” PinotFile

\
  2. 2013 ‘Katie’s Cuvee’ Pinot Noir - “Calera and Swan clones planted in 2006 at Keefer Ranch. Katie’s favorite barrels. Aged 10 months in once-used Francois Frères oak barrels. Bottled unfined and unfiltered. · Moderately light reddish purple color in the glass. Appealing aromas of black cherry, dark rose and peat. Mid plus flavors of black cherry and raspberry with a hint of savory herbs in the background. Well-structured, with pleasant oak seasoning and some giving power and length on the finish. Score: 91.” PinotFile

\
  3. 2015 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir - “This combines grapes from two sites, the Hummingbird Hill Vineyard in the Petaluma Gap and a site on the warmer Westside Road in Russian River Valley. Fruity and inviting, it’s also tannic and lengthy in stem, bark, tea and cranberry-raspberry, with a tease of orange zest.” 91 Points Wine Enthusiast

\
  4. 2015 ‘Hummingbird Hill’ Pinot Noir - “Stemmy and earthy, this small-production offering is etched in tart and tangy flavor, with a strong underlying influence of oak. The medium-bodied core is succulent in cranberry and rhubarb.” 90 Points Wine Enthusiast. [This is my favorite wine right now - really fleshed out - hitting on all cylinders!]

WE JUST ADDED - 2 bottles of 2016 Santa Lucia Highlands Chardonnay (Rosella’s and Sierra Mar Vineyards) to round out a 6-pack!!

Shipping will begin as soon as possible depending on weather conditions. So, some folks will get their wine next week, others in a month or two. Please feel free to keep me posted on weather in your area! Shipping fee of $10 applies - sorry but these shipping costs have gotten historically bad and that’s just the reality.

Please go to www.cellars33.com/buy to order. THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the orders so far everyone. Just a quick note we added a couple bottles of SLH Chardonnay to make a six-pack for you. The Chard has Rosella’s and Sierra Mar fruit.

John

Ok couple quick things: yes, we do take AMEX and for those of you whom have already ordered via AMEX, we will be processing those orders via Square throughout the day. You should receive a separate email to confirm your card has been charged. Please feel free to pm me if there are any additional questions!

Also, where are all the ladies at!? Usually it’s about a 50/50 split for us on Berserker Day and so far every order has been by a male. You can go berserk too, ladies!! flirtysmile

In for the sixer!

Excited to try these

Thanks, Dave! Hope you enjoy the wines!