CHIRON Napa Valley

Happy Berserker Day 10! I’m Bobby Moy, co-founder and winemaker at CHIRON. We’re a family owned winery in Napa that focuses on mountain vineyards. I’ve worked up and down the west coast making wine. A Napa native, I moved back to Napa in 2013 and most recently worked with Joel Aiken, Thomas Rivers Brown, Frederic Delivert and Corey Beck. I now make wine for a few small brands here in the valley. CHIRON is my personal project where I make about 300 cases per year of 100% varietal, vineyard designate wines. I leave the winegrowing in the vineyard and strive to foster what I feel is the best expression of the site, preferring natural fermentations and no additions (Insert here, “terroir driven” “authentic” “balanced” blah blah blah…yes the wines taste like where they came from and are true to the varietal character…I don’t think I need to spin that record again for this audience). I’m very excited to finally share these wines. Can’t wait for y’all to pop a bottle and tell me your thoughts.

Welcome Berserkers to BD10 and CHIRON’s offers!

Click Here to Order

Grenache 3 pack = Regularly $165…offered at $108 Only 12 Three Packs available
2015 “Unfamiliar Truth” Grenache Napa Valley ($55 SRP) 100 cases made: This grenache is grown on a vineyard which I cannot name (sshhh it’s a secret) high up on Mount Veeder. It’s a magical spot for grenache and the wine is just stunning. 30% whole cluster and 28 days on skins. Aged in 500 liter puncheon for 22 months. The aromatics are beautiful blood orange, wild strawberry and cardamom spices. The structure is grippy right now, as grenache should be, and will age gracefully. See here for my full write up on the website https://www.chironwines.com/2016-grenache-unfamiliar-truth/
Some great feedback from the #GrenacheKing himself!

Burgundy 4 pack = Regularly $200…offered at $130 Only 15 Four Packs available
2 Bottles of 2017 “Nectar Dance” Chuy’s Vineyard Chardonnay, Moon Mountain Sonoma County (also sourced by Failla, Neyers, Bedrock, Lioco) ($45 SRP) 80 cases made: This vineyard is high on the slopes of Moon Mountain. The soil is iron red and the vines are gnarly, 50+ year old shot-wente clone chardonnay that are dry farmed and tended to by a man named Jesus “Chuy” Ordaz. He came to California in the 70’s as a teenager and started working in the Sonoma Valley and has been tending to these vines for over 40 years. The 2017 rides a fine edge between being Californian and Burgundian…basically it has the fruit profile of a restrained California chard with great structure. It inherently has a ton of acid so I let MLF proceed and aged it in once used 300 liter french oak. This is not released yet, but the wine is just so delicious I had to put it up for an offer.
2 Bottles of 2016 “Los Hermanitos” Fiddlestix Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55 SRP) 75 cases made: Ok, so, I loved living in Santa Ynez back in the day and go back all the time. I tend to not have much to do in August as we lead up to harvest here in Napa. So, I made a deal with my friend Kathy Joseph, “Head Fiddle” at Fiddlehead Cellar, to be her minion for a month in exchange for cherry picking her vineyard and making the wine in her space. It was a ton of fun and I learned so much about her vineyard. The grapes were picked earlier to create a more acid driven, earthier profile than most Pinots. But in the end there is still a ton of delicious fruit, it’s just balanced beautifully and has great structure from the bit of wholecluster. Like most of my wines it is made as naturally as possible with no additions and very little oak influence. CHIRON - 2016 "Los Hermanitos"
Some kind words about the pinot…

“Paint of Moonlight” 3 Pack = Regularly $210…offered at $140 Only 12 three packs available
2015 “Paint of Moonlight” 100%Cabernet Sauvignon,Pelkan Ranch Vineyard Knights Valley ($70 SRP) 50 cases made: This vineyard is perched high on the summit of the Mayacamas mountains looking down on Knights Valley only a few hundred feet from the Napa County line. The vines seriously struggle up here on the thin Tufa soils. The tiny berries coming from this vineyard create a wine of density and richness without being cloying. And there is plenty of peppercorn and red cassis to complement the plum and blackberry. This is the more approachable of my two cabs. There are some reviews out there in the interwebs where you can read about it. Here is my more detailed description on the website. CHIRON - 2015 "Paint of Moonlight"
Some kind words regarding this cab…

"Candor 3 Pack = Regularly $255…offered at $165 Only 12 three packs available
2015 “Candor” 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, Bear Flag Vineyard, Calistoga ($85 SRP) 50 cases made: This 30 year old vineyard sits at the base of the Mayacamas mountains next door to my home in Calistoga. I farm the once acre vineyard myself. It was a struggle in 2015 where we had a lot of shatter. My yield was .6 tons from the vineyard (weeping). Because this is a cooler site for Napa, I was able to get maturity at lower sugar levels. This cab is more classic compared to the Knights Valley cab, which is definitely more contemporary in style. The wine has clean fresh fruits and tight tannins. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not lean. It has lots of fruit, but not blown out blueberry with high VA and no acid like you see in a lot of Napa cabs. See the full write up on the website. CHIRON - 2015 "Candor"

Big Red 4 Pack = Regularly $255…offered at $165 Only 15 four packs available
2 Bottles of 2016 “Virtue and Vice” Red Wine Napa Valley ($45 SRP): A delicious blend of 57% Spring Mountain Cab, 38% Howell Mountain Merlot, and 5% Petite Sirah. This wine is a blend of wine from CHIRON and my other projects. It has so much going on with alluring fruits, great structure and weight, its sooo inky and absolutely gulpable.
1 Bottle of 2015 “Candor” Cab (see above)
1 Bottle of 2015 “Paint of Moonlight” Cab (see above)

Lastly…
Fill up the space in your case with Rosé! = Regularly $20…offered at $13 per bottle today
2017 “Rhapsodic Inflorescence” Rosé Rhone Blend: This rosé is a delicious equal parts Grenache, Mourvedre, and Syrah coming from westside Paso Robles and Arroyo Grande Valley. At 12.2% ABV and deliciously gulpable, I always recommend chilling more than one bottle…one is never enough. Round out your case today with this deal on our 2017 Rosé: here is the description and more info on our website

Click Here to Order

We can ship to the following states: AZ, CA, NV, CO, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY, KS, NE, NM, SD, IA, LA, MN, MO, TX, A, LA, MN, MO, TX
CT, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, VT, WI, WV, ND, NY, NH

Orders will be processed within the next week and shipped when we deem the weather appropriate. PLEASE use a BUSINESS address if at all possible.

I can’t thank Todd and the rest of the cru enough for creating a rich community of wine lovers that has thrived for the last 10 years! I look forward to diving head first into the next 10!
Holler at me if you have any issues with ordering or just want to talk about mezcal: bobby@chiron.wine c:805.215.8283

Shit Bobby! Those are some great deals!
-Ris

Thanks Kris! This will be the only time they are ever offered at these prices. I want to spread the love with this first release.

Wow this is fun! Thanks for the orders Matt, Ashley, Bill, Mark, Fred…oh and there’s two more! Keep it coming! champagne.gif [thankyou.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Nicely done, Bobby - nicely done. And next time we have ‘Grenache Wars’, you better really bring it if you want to ‘dethrone’ me . . .

Cheers

[berserker.gif] Ha Larry! Challenge accepted! [berserker.gif] [winner.gif]

thank you for great offer on the “Paint of Moonlight” 3 Pack - look forward to tasting

Thanks for all the orders so far! Almost sold out of my six packs…two left. Get 'em while you can

Looking forward to trying this.

BD10!!! Let the fun begin! Let me know if you have any questions or problems ordering. bobby@chiron.wine

Missed checking out the offers yesterday but glad to be in for the Grenache and Burgundy packs!

I always enjoy just blindly ordering from a new producer, I have that much faith in Todd and Co! Grenache and Rose headed our way!

Really great looking offers! What a special treat for everyone here. I look forward to drinking Grenache with you soon.

In for a 3 pk of Candor. Interested in Pobega’ing one upon arrival.

Right on Michael! but make sure to PNP that into a decanter for an hour

Right on Michael! but make sure to PNP that into a decanter for an hour

Bobby, these are amazing offers. Cant wait to get my hands on some of these!

Just purchased the 3 pack Grenache and 3 bottles of rose! I’ve been looking forward to this Grenache release since last summer so I’m super excited for this BD10 event! Thanks Mark and Bobby for your delicious wines :slight_smile:

Yay! We are excited to finally release our delicious Grenache to the public. Thank you Suzy! I’m stoked you got to experience your first BerserkerDay. Hope you found some other awesome wines too! Look forward to seeing you in Napa on your next trip.

Picked up the Grenache. I rarely buy wine I don’t know, but if Larry says it’s good . . .

Looking forward to trying it and interested in finding out about a winery making Grenache in Napa!