BOUGETZ CELLARS - Dipping into the Library

BerserkerDay 10 Offer From Bougetz CellarsLet’s Open The Cellar!
We are excited to be extending this unique opportunity to taste a few of our wines with a little age to them. Most wine you purchase as new releases can benefit from some short term cellaring. This year, we are taking the onus off of you, and you can purchase wines that are in a good drinking window. All are capable of additional aging, but they are so good, don’t hesitate to pop them now!

All packages below are priced at 35% or 50% off AND shipping is included in the price. You can leam more about us at our website Bougetz Cellars, but let’s get on to the Berserker Day offerings. All packs can be purchased by clicking on the links below. If you have any questions, or want to make arrangements to purchase without doing it on-line, just PM me. I’ll be online most of the day.

Pack #1 – 2012 Amaryllis Spring Mountain Cabernet 4-pack
Deal: 35% off + shipping included
$161.20 (Regular $248 + shipping)

13-Amaryllis-slanted - 200k.jpg
2012 was a wonderful harvest season. The 2012 Amaryllis Cabernet Sauvignon is 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot, 2% Malbec and 2% Petit Verdot. Built for medium term cellaring,this full-bodied wine shows a combination of firmness and textural notes. The espresso and baking spices aromas integrate well with the black cherry and blueberry flavors.

• 2012 Amaryllis Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon (92 James Suckling)

Buy an 2012 Amaryllis 4-pack

Pack #2 – 2013 Eminence Napa Valley Cabernet 4-pack
$161.20 (Regular $248 + shipping)

14-Eminence-slanted - 200k.jpg
The 2013 Eminence Cabernet Sauvignon came from two blocks, one on the Pritchard Hill section of Stagecoach vineyard, and the other off of Caldwell Vineyard in the Coombsville AVA. It is a blend of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Merlot and 4% Malbec. This wine shows a deep ruby/purple color, with an immense power just waiting to jump from the glass. Blackberries, cassis and Asian spice aromas fill your glass. Full-bodied, this wine is so balanced that the backbone of tannin is blanketed by mouth-coating fresh black fruits. A fresh finish keeps your palate clean, begging for more.

• 2013 Eminence Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (92 James Suckling)

Buy an 2013 Eminence 4-pack

Pack #3 - 2014 Jovana Merlot Cabernet Franc 4-pack
$135.20 (Regular $208 + shipping)

14-Jovana-slanted - 200k.jpg
The 2014 Jovana Merlot/Cabernet Franc is a blend off two blocks every year. The Cabernet Franc comes from one of the highest vineyards up on Mount Veeder, and the Merlot is from a vineyard block in the Oak Knoll District. It is a blend of 63% Merlot and 37% Cabernet Franc. Showing dark ruby color, blueberries and black cherries notes leap from the glass. The inviting nose is followed with a broad, juicy mid-palate that is kept in check with a fresh, clean finish. Very pleasing now, but will show even better with a few years of cellaring.

• 2014 Jovana Napa Valley Merlot/Cabernet Franc (93 Robert Parker)

Buy a 2014 Jovana 4-pack

Pack #4 - 2012 The Cairn Pinot Noir 4-pack
$109.20 (Regular $168 + shipping)

webshot_cairn1 - 200k.jpg
The 2012 vintage shows what can happen is a stellar harvest year. Our emphasis in the cellar was to allow the quality of the fruit shine, and don’t be heavy handed. We used 25% new French oak, with the remainder once and twice used oak, providing nice spicy notes. The wine is a mix of 115, 667 and Pommard clones, showing a reserved blend of raspberry and black cherry flavors with expresses the inherent acidity. Clean on the palate, this wine will continue to put on weight in the bottle. Best enjoyed in a year or two.

Buy a 2012 The Cairn 4-pack

Pack #5 – 2011 Eminence Napa Valley Cabernet 6-pack
Deal: 50% off + shipping included
$186.00 (Regular $372 + shipping)

2011-Emince-Label - 200k.jpg
The 2011 Eminence Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is a blend of 83% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 2% Malbec and 2% Petit Verdot. Time, and air, will be required to approach this wine in its infancy. Deep ruby/purple in color, you well be greeted with dark black and blue fruits, mixed with tea leaves and baking spices. Luscious blueberry flavors are blanketed in a layer of fine grain tannins.

• 2011 Eminence Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (90 Wine Enthusiast)

Buy a 2011 Eminence 6-pack

Pack #6 - Not Complete Without A White Wine 6-pack
Deal: 50% off + shipping included
$78.00 (Regular $156 + shipping)

15-SauvBlanc-slanted - 200k.jpg
Our Sauvignon Blanc is right from the heart of Rutherford. A single vineyard wine, it usually has a blend of 5-10% Semillon in it. (In this case, the 2013 had 5% and the 2015 had 7%). Barrel fermented, lee stirred and aged in the neutral French oak for 6 to 9 months, this wine shows more heftiness than most Sauvignon Blancs. Displaying tropical notes, and hints of richness on the nose, you are fooled into thinking it will be thick and sweet on the palate. Quite opposite, this wine retains the bracing acidity you’d expect in Sauvignon Blanc. Two very nice wines, from two great vintages. Nice to try them side by side.

Buy a Sauvignon Blanc Vertical 6-pack

I’ll be online all day so if you have ordering questions, either post to this thread, send me a PM or email me at thomas@bougetzcellars.com.

Off and running now! Fred thanks for the order. You’ll love the Jovana, I had a bottle last night with dinner and is drinking so wonderfully right now.
Cheers!

Matthew, I think you love the two library packs you ordered. the 11 Eminence is a star from the vintage. The Saint Helena Star, tasting blind, picked it as one of the top Cabernets from the vintage. Notes below:

This wine brings together fruit from Spring Mountain, Oakville, Pritchard Hill and Coombsville to create a rich sip of complex, dark fruit with herbs and a slight hint of violet floral. The generous tannins are balanced by fresh acidity.

Don’t worry Stephen (and all in the Midwest and out East). Orders will be held until the weather is permissible for shipping. Don’t want to damage these wines in transit. Thanks for the order and enjoy!
tom

in for a 2013 Eminence Napa Valley Cabernet 4 pack - thank you

mowen, you will be happy with how great this wine is tasting right now. Has the stuff for an easy 10 more years of cellaring…but why!

In for the 6 pack of Eminence, Thank You for the great deal.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the Jovana order Rajiv. This is a very ageworthy wine (easily another 10-15 years). Tough call though. It is shear enjoyment right now!!!

Anthony, I hope enjoy the whites. Here is a review by Wine Enthusiast on one of them:

Lots of Muscle in this punchy Sauvignon Blanc, with its ripe lemon,lime, orange and papaya flavors, made bright by crisp acidity. Despite a streak of honey, the finish is dry. Additional richness is provided by barrel fermentation and the addition of a little Semillon.

Chris, glad to see you in for a pack again this year. The Jovana is really a beautiful marriage of Cabernet Franc and Merlot. Below is the Robert Parker review on this wine. Enjoy!

RP93 - The 2014 Proprietary Red Jovana is a blend of 63% Merlot and 27% Cabernet Franc. This attractive, sexy wine has depth, richness, a dark ruby/purple color and a juicy, round personality. There is blueberry, black raspberry and forest floor notes, light tannin and (in keeping with the hallmark of 2014) a lushness and front-end loaded fruitiness that is irresistible. Drink it over the next 7-8 years.

‘13 Eminence and ‘14 Jovana - in for one each

2013 Eminence. Looking forward to trying it.

Hope you enjoy Greg, and don’t worry, I won’t ship anything to the midwest until the Arctic Blast thaws!!!

Thomas…I am intrigued by the 2011 Eminence offer…I have had a few 2011’s that were a bit too green and unripe for my taste, but have had a few others that were ripe but elegant, and really nice (the 2011 Rivers Marie Cab comes to mind). Tell me a bit more about your 2011…

Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul, 2011 was definitely a cooler vintage in Napa Valley. While i usually make 4 or 5 Cabernet Sauvignon’s, in 2011 I just took the best barrels from each vineyard and made one wine. Sold the rest of the barrels off. The fruit is definitely ripe (the vineyards that could reach maturity were not used), but there is a tea leaf note on the aromatice. Here is what Wine Enthusiast said about it:

this Cab-heavy blend also cntains small amounts of Merlot, Petit Verdot and Malbec, combining effectively for a taste of rocky gravel and savory red fruit. Puckering tannins and oak suggest further aging or decanting, whih will help to bring out the more nuanced juiciness of cassis and black tea.

The Saint Helena Star (Napa Valley wine review) had picked it as one of their favorite 2011 Cabs when tasted blind 2 years ago.
I think you will find it a standout for 2011.

Order in! Looking forward to trying your wines…

Paul

No problem Lonnie, I’ll wait until Spring to mail your package out! Thanks for ordering a Eminence pack. I think you’ll be very pleased! [cheers.gif]

Michael,
Thanks for the Jovana order. I am originally from the Twin Cities myself, and make it out to the area once our twice a year to do some private events. When I get my event schedule set up, I’ll let you know and maybe you can attend and meet up. They are a blast (catered, tasting though all my wines, etc).
Happy Berserkers Day!

Hi Albert,
Your shipment will go out FedEx. That is who I use to FL. I’ll make sure weather is fine before shipping. Thanks again for the order!