Longplay Wine Loves the Berserkers

Yes we do!! And the Berserkers love us, too!

We own a vineyard, Lia’s Vineyard, in the Chehalem Mountains AVA.
We sell most of our fruit to some of Oregon’s top wineries. You’ll find Lia’s Vineyard fruit in wines from Patricia Green Cellars,
Biggio-Hamina, Grochau Cellars, Gypsy Dancer Estate, J. Christopher, White Rose Estate (and several others).
But we keep a little bit for ourselves.
We make wines with minimal intervention in small lots that highlight the unique character of our site.
We named our wine “Longplay” because we say wine is like music:
There are many genres and styles, and “best” is more a question of taste
than absolutes. And we love the sound, flow and pacing of a great longplay record album.
We work closely with our winemakers, (all wines on offer today
were made with help from Jay Somers, of J. Christopher Wines),
and our vineyard manager, Javier Marin, formerly vineyard manager at Shea,
to produce wines that respect the uniqueness and potential of our site.

Rockin’ Berserker Day 10 with the Longplay and $1 Shipping!

I’ve said my best customers are wine nerds, so as in past years we’re offering some “nerdical” packs. These are some pretty good wines and we’re pricing them like we’re desperate for cash flow over profitability (because we are). This is our fifth Berserkerday so we’re looking forward to returning customers and hopefully a few new Berserkers as well. We normally offer $1 shipping on six or more bottles, but for Berserkerday we’re lowering the bar to just four bottles.

Limited quantity, limited time. No need for special coupon codes to take advantage of the offer, no further discounts on these prices! Just go to our online shop .

The Starter Pack: Lia’s Vineyard Pinot Nerdical
Maybe you aren’t familiar with Longplay Wine and are afraid of commitment? Maybe you spent your entire BD10 budget on the first two offerings and are looking for a few lower priced offerings because you refuse let the good times end? This is our “flagship” bottling. We typically produce between 250-400 cases of this wine and it benefits from having a bit of soil and clonal diversity as it draws from all corners of the vineyard. This is a really nice wine at a super price. We’re talking small production Oregon pinot noir at less than $__ per bottle for Berserkerday.

2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 in the four pack.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $____ at our reasonable regular prices, only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Jory Bench Reserve Pinot Nerdical
In the northwest corner of Lia’s Vineyard is a spot I call the “Jory Bench.” It has Pommard and Wädenswil planted from 1990-1992 that consistently produce some of the best pinot in Oregon. (I might be biased.) I farm these blocks meticulously, spending more time on these three acres than the other 27 that I have under vine. The soil is Jory, the state soil of Oregon. Perfect exposure, moisture retention, vigor balance, etc. After harvest the fermenters from these blocks are tagged “JBR.” Not every barrel makes the cut, and sometimes I’ll add a little from another corner of the vineyard to bring a bit more balance, but this bottle is really all about the Jory Bench.

2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 in the four pack.

Four bottles. Total retail value of $____ at our reasonable regular prices, only $____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Special Bottles Pinot Nerdical
Some years there is a fermenter or a couple of barrels that just jump out in the cellar and call for a special bottling. In 2013 we made a wine called Lucky 13 (because sometimes you’re good, sometimes you’re lucky, and sometimes you’re a bit of both). It showcases a fermenter of 114 clone that was just aromatically explosive when we racked from fermenter to barrel. In 2014, 2015 and 2016, we made a wine called Hi-Tone that is 100 percent Wädenswil. These are my favorite wines from each of the vintages. I rarely discount these bottles and they see almost no distribution. I mean, you’re a Berserker because you like the really good stuff right? Well this pack is for you.

Make my day and yours - choose the case-upgrade option! You’ll receive all three four packs and save even more!
Yes, you can get vertical and sideways by purchasing a case that includes all three of the four packs. Three different wines from four consecutive vintages - all from the same vineyard. The only way to truly demonstrate your wine nerd cred and come to know Lia’s Vineyard and Longplay wine is by purchasing this case and completing the grid. This is possibly the best value you’ll find in pinot noir anywhere.

12 bottles. Total retail value of $____, yours for only $_____ plus $1 shipping and handling.

Jory Slope Chardonerdical
I grow 2.25 acres of own-rooted Wente Chardonnay planted in 1991. I keep half of it for Longplay. Some vintages I get less than 2 barrels off of my acre. I dug up all but six rows after the 2017 vintage. This doesn’t really see distribution. And I’ll confess that I hold a good amount of it back for personal consumption. But I’ll share some of it with you … because Berserkerday! Quantities are limited.
We’ve got a four pack with vintages 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
A retail value of $____, yours for only $_____ plus one dollar shipping and handling.

States we can ship to through Vinoshipper: AK, AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY

For CALIFORNIA and NEW JERSEY Berserkers I use a different shipping service. Send me an email with your name, shipping address, d.o.b. and I’ll email you an invoice.

We typically ship UPS. Business addresses are best. Alaska and Hawaii pay a bit extra. We charge sales tax if our compliance service requires that we pay taxes to your state. Cold weather delays, blah, blah, blah …

If you like the wines please revisit our store and order again. We usually have a six pack on offer at a great price. We try to offer the best prices to our direct customers because they are the best!

More info on the wines, including some reviews and tech sheets.
Visit our store and scroll down for terms and conditions.
Cellartracker notes.
If you have a flawed or corked bottle, let me know and I’ll replace, offer store credit or refund. (Vintage 2015 and later we use certified corks.)

Call or text me if you have a question: 503-489-8466 or email: info@longplaywine.com

Love the wine and a great deal. Going to go yard here and Make My Day and Yours.

The basket is starting to get heavy.

Order placed for the case. It’s my 3rd BD and my 3rd BD purchase of Longplay.

Thanks Rich and Ian! → orders to the eastern half of the U.S. are going to be delayed a bit due to forecast temps in the single digits dipping south to St. Louis next week … brrr …

Ordered some Chardonnay. Looking forward to trying!

Thanks, Tim! The Chardonnay is really nice. I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you try it.

I jumped on the Chardonnay. Sounds great.

In for the Jory Bench 4 pack, looking forward to trying.

Thanks, Chris and Monte! Looking forward to sharing some wine with you!

Already in for a case, and could not help myself, went back for a 4 pack. Probably would have been another case if my budget wasn’t already shot.

• infinity

[cheers.gif]

In for a 4 pack, love the Hi-tone.

Thanks Peter & Pete! Those old Wadenswil vines that produce Hi-Tone are why I do this. Each of those vines is like family to me.

Longplay was one of the first clubs I joined when I was getting seriously into wine. Lots of wine I initially fell for I no longer have much of a taste for, but these wines remain killer. Sophisticated enough to please a discerning nerd and delicious enough to please anyone. And the prices are silly on BD.

In for the Chardonnay and the Hi-Tone, looking forward to trying them!

Thanks, Mark and Dave!
I’m really grateful for the loyalty of so many Berserkers and Groove Club members. I do aim to make wines that can be appreciated by the wine nerds, but still be palatable for the casual consumer. The core hope is that some of those casual consumers will experience a pinot epiphany with a glass of Longplay!

Late to the game. Ordered the Pinot noir nerdical special.
Looking forward to trying you’re wines

Caved because the offers were still up. Got both the Jory Slope Chardonerdical and the Special Bottles Pinot Nerdical.

Well played, Sheila! Had been waiting on a longtime customer who had an issue due to a shopping cart error on my part! The deals are done for now, but we’ll put up great offers on our store from time to time.
Most West Coast orders shipped today, Rockies and Texas look good for next week (perhaps?) and Eastern half of the country will need to wait a bit for things to warm up. Thanks everybody! And don’t forget to rate and review us on Cellartracker or wherever you write wine reviews.
[thankyou.gif]