Vincent Wine Company - Oregon

Here are some berserk deals from Vincent Wine Company for BerserkerDay 10! I only hold back a few cases of things for Berserker Day, so don’t delay! (added some details at the bottom of the thread, if you’re new to my wines…)

Armstrong Vineyard Ribbon Ridge three-pack $89 (retail is $115)
2015 Pinot Noir Armstrong Vineyard “Tardive”
2016 Pinot Noir Armstrong Vineyard
2016 Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge

Zenith Vineyard Eola-Amity Hills three-pack $89 (retail $115)
2015 Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard
2016 Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard
2016 Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills

Bjornson Vineyard Eola-Amity Hills three-pack $79 (retail $105) (limit 2 per buyer)
2015 Pinot Noir Bjornson Vineyard
2016 Pinot Noir Bjornson Vineyard

Silvershot Vineyard Eola-Amity Hills three-pack $69 (retail $94)
2015 Pinot Noir Silvershot Vineyard
2016 Pinot Noir Silvershot Vineyard

Mixed White three-pack $60 (retail $72) (limit 2 per buyer)
1 x 2017 Pinot Blanc Willamette Valley
1 x 2017 Chardonnay Willamette Valley
1 x 2016 Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge

Shipping is $25 per 3-pack, $35 for two 3-packs, $45 for three 3-packs and FREE with 12 or more total bottles ordered.

To order, email me at vincentwines@gmail.com, let me know what you want and if you need shipping (include address and phone). I’ll confirm by email and then follow up with an invoice via Square that you can pay directly.

Unfortunately I have too little Gamay and red Pinot Gris to offer here, but get on my mailing list at www.vincentwinecompany.com to get pre-release offers on those and everything else.

Wines are all naturally fermented and bottled without filtering. White are barrel fermented but in older barrels, so no worries about oakiness. Reds are in a mix of mostly older but some younger barrels, all French, never new.

More details on me and the wines at www.vincentwinecompany.com and you can listen to my episode of GrapeRadio here: http://www.graperadio.com/archives/2017/05/09/the-wines-of-oregon-with-vincent-wine-company/

Questions? Email me or post them on this thread. Thanks!

in for a case

Thanks Karl and everyone who’s jumped in early. Happy Berserker Day preview everyone!

Love Vincent’s wines, and he has a cool name. I picked up a case+ a few months ago so will save my Berserkerday budget for others, but enthusiastically recommend both his pinots and his whites. Killer value.

you don’t see ‘berserkerday’ and ‘budget’ used back to back very often

Budget? What budget??

Now if you had Tardive whites in the mix… flirtysmile

I wish, but all sold out of the Tardives! 2017 Chard Tardive is coming in the next mailing list release in February. Unfortunately no Blanc Tardive in ‘17, short crop.

Dude: you’ve got some killer packages out there today. Have a great BD10!

Nice package! (said with a sly grin)

More details based on questions I’m getting:

Armstrong Vineyard is 10 years old and in the Ribbon Ridge AVA, all marine sedimentary soil on a south and west slope just down the road form Brick House Vineyard. The '16 and '15 Armstrongs were both in barrel for a year and a half, the “Tardive” designation on the '15 refers to it being the later of two bottling that year (I moved to year and a half in barrel for vineyard wines, but bottled some at the old “early” time because I was out). Owner Doug Ackerman is a long time Berserker - we met 20 years ago on the old West Coast Wine Net! - and has his own project with winemaker John Grochau called Red Electric. Check that out for comparison to, as well as the terrific wines of Franny Beck, which also produces an Armstrong bottling. The wines from Armstrong show classic black cherry and darjeeling tea notes, a mix of power and subtlety, with fine chalky tannin for aging. Note, the Ribbon Ridge bottling is 100% declassified Armstrong, barreled just under one year, so check it out for comparison to the vineyard bottlings.

Zenith Vineyard is in the heart of the Eola Hills, below Justice and Bethel Heights vineyards, among others in the area (including Temperance Hill, which I also work with). Soils here are also marine sedimentary, my half acre here is on a rocky knoll planted in 2003. Check the picture in the post for a look at the actual eight rows I’ve worked with for a decade. The wine here is more muscular but no less elegant. Deeply pitched aromas, incredible tension - especially in the '16, which has an almost Nebbiolo like tannin. The Eola-Amity Hills cuvee is a blend of the four vineyards I work with in the AVA, all declassified barrels that give a lovely sense of the piquant, fresh raspberry quality of the Eola Hills.

Bjornson Vineyard is adjacent to Seven Springs, further north in the AVA and a bit higher in elevation than Zenith. All volcanic soils here, red iron rich clay loam that’s shallow and rocky. My vines here were planted in 2006 and are just hitting an early maturity, the wines more and more expressive of floral red fruits, very delicate tannin and more of an acid driven palate. Lighter in color than my other Pinots but no less complete.

Silvershot Vineyard is on the west side of the Eola Hills, and was formerly known as Crowley Station Vineyard. Soils are marine sedimentary, with clam fossils easily finable in the vineyard if you dig a bit. Vines here are own-rooted, planted 1999 and 2000 with cuttings from the nearby Carter Vineyard. Classic red fruits and savory spice here, cool and fresh acids, simply delicious Oregon Pinot Noir.

White 3-pack:
The Pinot Blanc came from Yamhill Valley Vineyards in McMinnville, fermented in older French oak, aged on the lees for one year and bottled without filtering. This is fresh, crisp warm weather wine, or try it with poached fish, cheese plates, or other lighter winter foods.
The 2017 Chardonnay is a blend of three vineyards and made just like the Blanc. Grapes from Andreas Vineyard in the new Van Duzer AVA come from own-rooted vines planted in the early 1990s on marine sediments. Grapes from Dion Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains AVA are from the late 1980s, also own-rooted and planted on loess.
The third vineyard in the 2017 Chard blend is the source for 100% of the 2016 Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge - the famed Brick House vineyard. Yes, 100% Brick House grapes. Biodynamically farmed, marine sedimentary soils, vines from the 1990s, picked early and barrel fermented for a crisp, racy but subtly rich Oregon Chardonnay that will show you why OR Chard is blowing up.

In for a case

Hey Vince,
‘Opening your 2015 Armstrong Pinot tonight with a gang of worthy winos. People always thank me when I do that. :grin:
Best, Jim

Thanks Dave!

And thanks as well Jim, really appreciate that.

Update:

6 White pack remain
Getting low on Bjornson too

Got my P/N order in!!!

If you’re browsing the BerserkerDay deals after dinner, still going strong here! Two White packs left but still have Pinot Noir.