MORE OLD CALIFORNIA WINES COMING! CHECK BACK HERE

Thank you all again. The owner was so blown away by your reponses, he will be giving me more oldies including some 1974’s from his massive collection.
Please revisit this site in a few days, or email me directly if I am unable to post new bottles here.

Please see wines remaining below in boldface font
Please place your requests at vinoscape@gmail.com for the 80’s and 90’s wines and a 2004.
Thank you

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SERIOUS AND CAUTIOUS ABOUT OLDER BOTTLES’ PROVENANCE, THE 80’S AND 90’S BOTTLES ARE PROBABLY THE BEST EXAMPLES ON THE MARKET:

• CAME FROM A BAY AREA WINE SHOP WITH NO HEAT-we wore cutoff weightlifting gloves and winter coats OTJ at the Marin Wine Cellar.
    CAME FROM A SHOP AN HOUR FROM WINE COUNTRY- short transit exposure
    WERE SHIPPED DIRECTLY TO CLIENT VIA REFRIGERATED TRUCK-up to 100 case shipments
    ARE ONE OWNER AND AGED IN A LARGE PERFECT CELLAR-one room with racks, one case storage. These bottles are priced close to auction and ship just like an auction, properly packed and insured as they are not easily replaced in similar condition.

FYI, THE WINE SHOP AIR FREIGHTED FRENCH RARITIES FROM ITS OPENING IN 1982- this same owner is about to sell Bordeaux classics also bottles and mags such as 1982 Mouton, Margaux Leoville LC from unopened cases!–interested? Please let me know at vinoscape@gmail.com

In fairness to all, due to the limited number of perfect provenance bottles available the 80’s and 90’s wines will not be listed until Sunday. I will post the start time on Saturday.
First come, first served for these great bottles at great prices;good luck. Patience is required with these bottles in a NC cellar and a very busy doctor as the owner.

Pricing based on recent auction hammer prices, plus buyer’s fee/commission from WMJ website.

Available bottles in boldface font
750 ml
2-1981 Dunn Howell Mtn $110 per bottle
1-1983 Phelps Backus $95
2-1985 Dunn Howell Mtn $165
1-1986 Dunn Howell Mtn $160
1-1987 Dunn NAPA $115
1-1990 Dunn Howell Mtn $150
1-1990 Caymus SS $190
2-1991 Caymus SS $165
2-1993 Dunn Howell Mtn $135
2-1994 Opus $340
2-1995 Dunn Howell Mtn $165
2-1995 Caymus SS $165
1-1996 Dunn Howell Mtn $150
1-1997 Dunn Howell Mtn $160
2-2001 Bryant Family $167

Magnums:
1-1980 Caymus SS $250
1-1981 Caymus SS $300
1-1982 Caymus SS $300
1-1984 Dunn NAPA $270
1-1985 Caymus SS $360
1-1987 Dunn Howell Mtn $400
1-1990 Caymus SS $380
1-1991 Caymus SS $320
1-1991 Opus One $725
[2-1995 Dunn Howell Mtn $310

11-2004 Quilceda Creek $155

There is no time stamp for buying the wines below, nor the real oldies seen in photos below

Steal Priced Single Vineyard, High QPR Finds
Hey, I scored big time!
I root around [snort.gif] in Wine Country seeking under the radar superior wines.
These surprising single vineyard micro production wines from Miro Cellars are breaking through through obscurity, selling out faster and faster each release.
These are normally great values and now represent incredible deals with DB10 pricing.

Miro Cellars is a family label. Miro started making wine in the old country with his grandfather at age five. His is a masterful winemaker with a great reputation in the Sonoma wine community, getting great reviews for his wines.

The Most Important Vinous Factor: Vineyard Vineyard Vineyard:
The elevated Silverwood Vineyard on Pine Mtn in Cloverdale is a great site for Cab, above the fog level, with lots of sun and cool nights. Coppola bought the vineyard in 2017 for his $90 Archimedes bottling, so this unfortunately is the last vintage. [cry.gif] It is a serious, age worthy Cabernet Sauvignon
Ridge and Carlisle fans know the revered old vine Ponzo Vineyard[
The highly rated Mounts Vineyard Zinfandel is just 191 cases and is the definition of handcrafted and luscious.

Field Blend Supreme, vines from 1920 and 1950.
2016 Miro Cellars Ponzo Vineyard Old Vine Red $36-30%=$25.20 per bottle
Carignane, Zinfandel and Petite Sirah. Nose:vineyard naturally imparts wildflowers; cherries and ripe plums. Palate: plum and dark cherry flavors accented with wild berries and toasty pie crust.

Sexy Smooth and Rich.
2016 Miro Cellars Mounts Vineyard Zinfandel $38-30%= $26.60 per bottle
Zin lovers flock to this highly rated wine. It offers pure blueberry, raspberry, kirsch and plums which follow through to a long finish on the palate. This is a rich. full bodied Zin with a silly BD10 price.

Big Time Pure Cab
2016 Miro Cellars Silverwood Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $38-30%=$26.60 per bottle
Aromas of wild blue and blackberries with hints of minerals and rocks. The vineyard produced grapes with ample but soft tannins. This wine asks for cellar time and will reward.

1940’s 1950’s and 1960’s Rarities or Time in a Bottle from excellent storage in Davis Cellar.
Click on the photos to enlarge the images of ullage and label of these historic bottles.

Please see last sentence below regarding pricing

The Beringer Sauterne is from the 1940’s, the strip label states it was received in August, 1949 by UC Davis
The Grape Gold Sauternes is a mystery bottle. I have found not even a tiny nugget about the winery online. By the graphics, I am guessing it is from the 1950’s or 60’s.

The Christian Brothers wines were both made under Brother Timothy. For those unfamiliar, he was a giant in the Valley after Prohibition, first making wine and brandy for the Christian Brothers at what is now the Hess Winery on Mt Veeder. His Napa contemporaries were Ernest Gallo, Robert and Peter Mondavi, Joe Heitz, Louis P. and Louis M. Martini and André Tchelistcheff. Many years ago, I was told of the tastings at the Grange hall on Highway 29, where he and Justin Meyer(Silver Oak) and Warren Wininarski(Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars)) tasted when Napa winery numbers were quite small. They could identify which region of the Valley the wines came from with ease; distinct Napa terroirs were more readily identifiable in Napa wines 50 years ago.
The Christian Brothers Napa Claret is from the mid to late 60’s when(drumroll) the label color first matched the wines’s color, a marketing breakthrough. There is a strip label on the back of the bottle with the decade number almost obliterated by a water stain, which has the loop of a 6 and a clear 8. The fill is in the neck,the wine is clear red and there is some light sediment. There is no capsule(this bottle was probably prepped for a UCD tasting) and the top of the cork is unsaturated and pure within.
The Napa Valley Gamay is post 1955 (label award reference) and pre mid 60’s. The fill is about an inch from the foil(which still spins-yay). The wine is clear and red with no sediment.

The Cresta Blanca Cab is from the 1940’s, as per the strip label of an identical bottle. The foil medal replica represents the first international medal the winery won in Paris, 1889. It was founded in Livermore and was purchased by Wente Winery. The wine is clear and red with no sediment.
The 1969 Associated Vintners Yakima Valley Pinot Noir is an historic bottle from the first vintage in which Pinot Noir was not blended into “Burgundy”, but rather bottled varietally in Washington. Radicals. The winery was started by faculty members from the U of Washington and ended up in the long reach of Gallo. The wine is clear and red.

Novitiate White Reisling(see label spelling) was harvested by the Jesuit Monastery students(voluntarily) in the vinously historic Santa Clara Valley/Los Gatos area. The winery was a hundred years old known producing Black Muscat as its leading sacramental wine through Prohibition. Today, Testarossa Winery drives its operation in the old winery. The fill is 2 1/4 " from the capsule, the color is light gold. The bottle appears to be from the 60’s
Assumption Abbey Riesling(see label spelling) was made by Benedictine Monks in Sonoma; there is no online record of the winery(holy smokes). The bottle appears to be from the 60’s as well. The fill is 1" from the capsule, the color is gold.

The Private Stock “Hock” and “Mosel”(no mention of grape variety) bottles truly represented the Beringer Brother’s German heritage(pero, the labels state Los Hermanos Vineyards, Ay,caramba!). The bottles are from the 1940’s and although the wines are dark gold in color, the fills are in the neck labels’ regions. These bottles are more eye candy, cellar dressing types, but one never knows until an old cork is pulled and oxygen hits the wine.

Since there are no established market prices for bottles such as these, I am going to let you as buyers establish the pricing as you see fit above $50 per bottle for the Reislings, $70 for the Sauterne and $100 for the reds.

I had the luck of being able to buy some vintage wines from Mr. Albert last year, they were/are impeccable.

I feel like I am saying this against my best interests, but he is a very good faith seller who I will be trying to purchase from tomorrow.

I am going to set my clock for whatever time Mr. Albert announces the Sunday list. (Our bottle from last year were absolutely perfect.)

Same. Every bottle I’ve acquired has been the best version of that wine possible

Thank you gentlemen.
Sourcing is key, but you never know until you pull the cork.

Unfortunately, I will be able to check in only irregularly in the early PM.

Thank you so much to all who bought, you have some great bottles coming your way.

The remaining wines are still available and are in boldface font

The owner was so blown away by your reponses, he will be giving me more oldies including some 1974’s from his massive collection.
Please revisit this site on 2/10, or emailme me direcly to get a list, if I am unable to post new bottles here.