STILL GOING! Princess and the Peasant Old Vine Carignan: 35% off / PENNY SHIPPING on cases

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD10
Dan R

STILL GOING! Princess and the Peasant Old Vine Carignan: 35% off / PENNY SHIPPING on cases

#1 Post by Dan R » January 9th, 2019, 12:36 am

Hiya Folks!

35% off and PENNY SHIPPING on cases – use code BD10 at checkout

[dance-clap.gif] 35% off and PENNY SHIPPING on a Mixed Case of Princess and the Peasant AND Signal Ridge Vineyard - 35% off ($208)

Click the link(s) above to order. To qualify for the PENNY SHIPPING – you can put two 6-packs in the cart and use code BD10 at checkout or, better yet, order the Princess and the Peasant / Signal Ridge Vineyards mixed case. Contents of PENNY SHIPPING + 35% off Mixed Case - Princess and the Peasant / Signal Ridge Vineyards:

- 6 bottles Princess and the Peasant Poor Ranch Carignan 2017
- 2 bottles Signal Ridge Vineyard Mendocino Ridge Pinot Noir 2014
- 2 bottles Hero (by Signal Ridge) Chardonnay
- 2 bottles Signal Ridge Anderson Valley Brut sparkler (méthode champenoise)

[rofl.gif] Only $208, plus 1 cent shipping. Use code BD10 at checkout.

ABOUT US:

With Princess and the Peasant Wines, we aim to celebrate the diversity of the Mendocino County viticultural landscape and winemaking heritage. The 2015 Poor Ranch Carignan is sourced from 74 year old dry farmed vines, and is a unique expression of a variety perfectly adapted to its terroir. Care is taken in the cellar to avoid the edgy tannins and gritty texture that can sometimes give Carignan a bad name. The result is a wine of polish and grace; driven by vivid red fruit, a succulent mouthfeel, and brisk acidity.

Curious? [scratch.gif] Read more about Princess and the Peasant here.

Thank you to Drew Goin, Corey N, Michael Martin, and everybody else who took the time to post here, and also those of you on Delectable [drinks.gif]

Unfortunately, at this time we don't ship to KY, MS, NH, ND, OK, SD, UT. AK and HI residents are not eligible for the free Ground shipping offer. All orders will be held until weather permits. Please PM me here or Facebook IM me (Dan Rivin) with questions - please keep in mind I live in France!

Thank you all for your time and to the team at Wine Berserkers for making this possible. Cheers! Dan [cheers.gif] and Stephanie [flirtysmile.gif]
Last edited by Dan R on January 28th, 2019, 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

bradeneriksen
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Princess and the Peasant Old Vine Carignan: 35% off / PENNY SHIPPING on cases

#2 Post by bradeneriksen » January 27th, 2019, 10:32 am

In for the mixed case! Excited to try!
Braden Eriksen

Dan R

Re: Princess and the Peasant Old Vine Carignan: 35% off / PENNY SHIPPING on cases

#3 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 10:36 am

bradeneriksen wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 10:32 am
In for the mixed case! Excited to try!
Thanks, Brad, we're excited for you to try as well!

And a warm hello to all fellow wine drinkers on the forum today [cheers.gif]
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#4 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2019, 10:37 am

The Carignane from last year's BerserkerDay is one of my favorite 'new discoveries' - loved those bottles, awesome juice.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

huberww
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by huberww » January 27th, 2019, 10:43 am

Order in. We're big fans of the carignan, especially after a few months' of sideways time. Unfortunately, they go too fast, so we're very happy to be able to load up on the new vintage.
Bill Huber

JoeDaniels
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by JoeDaniels » January 27th, 2019, 10:44 am

Picked up a mixed case

Dan R

#7 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 10:52 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 10:37 am
The Carignane from last year's BerserkerDay is one of my favorite 'new discoveries' - loved those bottles, awesome juice.
Thanks Todd! flirtysmile

And thank you to all Berserkers for the love over the years! Drew Goin (>6000 posts) kindly took the time to write: “Their "Poor Ranch" Carignan blew me away! “
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#8 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 11:02 am

Curious? [scratch.gif] Here’s a story the Bay Area News Group picked up about us. Here is a typical day in our life:

The wines are much cuter than I am, I promise
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#9 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 11:12 am

To get a sense for the style, please check out our Delectable ratings

9.4 average score for our Carignan!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#10 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 11:35 am

Thank you to Berserker Corey N (>25,000 posts) for the nice words: "this was an unknown producer to me, so I didn't order enough. Had I been able to taste ahead of time, this would have been an EASY case purchase."

Now is YOUR chance, Berserkers!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Bill H o o p e r

#11 Post by Bill H o o p e r » January 27th, 2019, 11:46 am

In for a case! I need more Carignan in my life!

Cheers,
Bill
Paetrawine.com
Oregon Riesling

Dan R

#12 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 11:57 am

Bill H o o p e r wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thanks, Bill! I love your Riesling!

I tried making Riesling for a few years, from one of the top RZ vineyards in Northern CA - Greenwood Ridge. I adore the grape and am smitten with its ability to make a broader array of world class styles, from more diverse sources, than any other grape variety. This was my undoing - it's the only time I've gone into a project with the conception of what I wanted my wine to taste like, rather than reacting to the fruit in front of me and letting the vintage drive the decision making. I was making wine to a style that didn't fit the fruit - I wanted Mosel Riesling. It didn't work.

That's what so impresses me about folks like you - your Riesling is unique. It wouldn't taste the same if any body else make it, from any grapes elsewhere in the world.

[welldone.gif]
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Bill H o o p e r

#13 Post by Bill H o o p e r » January 27th, 2019, 11:58 am

Dan R wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 11:57 am
Bill H o o p e r wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 11:46 am
Thanks, Bill! I love your Riesling!

I tried making Riesling for a few years, from one of the top RZ vineyards in Northern CA - Greenwood Ridge. I adore the grape and am smitten with its ability to make a broader array of world class styles, from more diverse sources, than any other grape variety. This was my undoing - it's the only time I've gone into a project with the conception of what I wanted my wine to taste like, rather than reacting to the fruit in front of me and letting the vintage drive the decision making. I was making wine to a style that didn't fit the fruit - I wanted Mosel Riesling. It didn't work.

That's what so impresses me about folks like you - your Riesling is unique. It wouldn't taste the same if any body else make it, from any grapes elsewhere in the world.

[welldone.gif]
Thanks man! Please come visit if you find yourself up here!
Paetrawine.com
Oregon Riesling

Dan R

#14 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 12:09 pm

huberww wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 10:43 am
Order in. We're big fans of the carignan, especially after a few months' of sideways time. Unfortunately, they go too fast, so we're very happy to be able to load up on the new vintage.
JoeDaniels wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 10:44 am
Picked up a mixed case
Thanks, Bill, Joe!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#15 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 12:25 pm

After a flurry of requests from readers of the Signal Ridge offer, I'm extending the free upgrade 6-pack to case, with penny shipping, to the first that can answer this trivia question:

*** Signal Ridge is not only a Vineyard, it's a remote ridge accessed by dirt road, 45 minutes from the town of Philo. Who is our most notorious former resident, who spent a bit of time here in 1968? He died in Bakersfield, in 2017. He'd been in Bakersfield for a long time. Hint: could he have moved on after a few months because he was irriTATEd? ***
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#16 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Good job, Dave M, with the answer to the trivia question: Charles Manson

More trivia anybody?
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#17 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Thank you to Berserker Michael Martin (>5900 posts)! "Stupid good for the price"
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#18 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 1:01 pm

D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Nate Simon » January 27th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Super psyched to try these. In for a case!

I. Howe
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by I. Howe » January 27th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Even though I have stocked up the last two BD's, and once in-between BD, I could not help myself, bought a case.
Ian Howe

Dan R

#21 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Nate Simon wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Super psyched to try these. In for a case!
Thanks Nate!
I. Howe wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 1:14 pm
Even though I have stocked up the last two BD's, and once in-between BD, I could not help myself, bought a case.
You rock, Ian. Thank you very very much for the continued support!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#22 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 1:47 pm

D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#23 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 2:07 pm

We were thrilled to spend some time with Berserker Jorge Henriquez last year and get his impressions of the wine.

Cheers, Jorge! [berserker.gif]

"The wine is indeed delicious with a brambly bite complementing the juicy, lip-smackingly bright cherry/blackberry notes on the mouth. "
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

seanr

#24 Post by seanr » January 27th, 2019, 2:17 pm

In for a case! Looking forward to these!!!

Dan R

#25 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 2:41 pm

seanr wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 2:17 pm
In for a case! Looking forward to these!!!
Thanks, Sean! You've got some awesome wines on your IG - Herman Story, Bokisch, SC etc...can't wait to hear your thoughts!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#26 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Berserker Scott Wiegand had some very kind things to say...thank you, Scott!

"both my wife and I were blown away by how much we liked this and especially for the value"
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#27 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 3:51 pm

A nice note on our 2015 Carignan from grapelive.com..."rich detail and ripe juiciness" were the goal in making the '17 as well.
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#28 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Thanks to Berserker Sean_S for the 92 pts on Cellartracker! [highfive.gif]

"This is a vibrant and fun wine. Glad I have some more left"
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Patrick T

#29 Post by Patrick T » January 27th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time Berserker. I ordered a case.

Cheers,
Patrick
Longtime lurker.

WOTY 2018
2011 Vidon Pinot Noir Barrel Select
2010 Adelsheim Pinot Noir Elizabeth's Reserve
2012 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Flax Vineyard

Patrick Taylor

Dan R

#30 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Patrick T wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 4:35 pm
Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time Berserker. I ordered a case.

Cheers,
Patrick
That’s awesome, Patrick, we’re proud to have pushed you over the edge! thank you very much for taking the time to post! [berserker.gif]
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Patrick T

#31 Post by Patrick T » January 27th, 2019, 7:23 pm

You're very welcome. And thank you to Todd for approving my registration about 15 minutes before the offers went live.
Longtime lurker.

WOTY 2018
2011 Vidon Pinot Noir Barrel Select
2010 Adelsheim Pinot Noir Elizabeth's Reserve
2012 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Flax Vineyard

Patrick Taylor

Dan R

#32 Post by Dan R » January 27th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Thanks for an amazing first day, everyone. Our deals will continue into Monday, for a while at least
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Drew Goin

#33 Post by Drew Goin » January 27th, 2019, 10:01 pm

I couldn't resist!

In for a 6-pack of the 2017 "Poor Ranch" Carignan. [berserker.gif]

I can't think of a wine that satisfies such a broad range of tastes and at a ridiculous price, to boot!

Dan R

#34 Post by Dan R » January 28th, 2019, 7:22 am

Drew Goin wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 10:01 pm
I couldn't resist!

In for a 6-pack of the 2017 "Poor Ranch" Carignan. [berserker.gif]

I can't think of a wine that satisfies such a broad range of tastes and at a ridiculous price, to boot!
Thanks Drew! As always, much appreciated. Stoked for you to be among the first to try the new vintage!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Eric Sch

Re: STILL GOING! Princess and the Peasant Old Vine Carignan: 35% off / PENNY SHIPPING on cases

#35 Post by Eric Sch » January 28th, 2019, 7:48 am

Thanks for running it long as I needed the extra time! Picked up my third annual case of the Carignan. Great wine and a great value, we've shared it with lots of folks and it always gets a positive reception. Thanks for participating!
"Cristal's out schoolboy... make it a magnum of Grande Dame and I'll think about it."

Dan R

Re: STILL GOING! Princess and the Peasant Old Vine Carignan: 35% off / PENNY SHIPPING on cases

#36 Post by Dan R » January 28th, 2019, 8:18 am

Eric Sch wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 7:48 am
Thanks for running it long as I needed the extra time! Picked up my third annual case of the Carignan. Great wine and a great value, we've shared it with lots of folks and it always gets a positive reception. Thanks for participating!
Awesome! Thank for the continued support, Eric, and also for taking the time to post - much appreciated
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Dan R

#37 Post by Dan R » January 28th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Thanks to all of you who took the time to give us a chance today! We've got about 10 of the Signal Ridge 6-packs left, as presently constituted, I'll see if we can throw together an alternate if we sell out.

Cheers, all!
D Rivin
Princess and the Peasant

Return to “BerserkerDay 10 Forum (January 27, 2019) #BD10 "the Black Friday of wine commerce" - Forbes”