BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!!

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD10
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Re: BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master/FAQ Thread - SOME OFFERS STILL AVAILABLE!

#201 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2019, 6:04 pm

We pegged at a whopping 1,639 users today, and we're STILL over 1,000 users, and have been all day! That's a 25% jump on the prior record! flirtysmile

I tried to capture the moment but was too busy moving offers around and launching the groups and such, but I got close! Anybody get the exact moment??
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 10.33.53 AM.png
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Tom F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master/FAQ Thread - ALL OFFERS ARE POSTED!!!

#202 Post by Tom F. » January 27th, 2019, 6:10 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 6:02 pm
Tom F. wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 5:59 pm
What happened to the EMH auction?
It was pulled, at the request of the donor, because of a disagreement in the starting bid amount.

She's honoring her pricing through midnight on her offer, so get in there and buy up!!!

Also, there are dozens of other auction items, so my fear is that we have too many...
I saw Merril's post in the thread and couldn't tell if she was trying to get people to understand the value of it or was annoyed with something. Then it was gone.
T o m F l o y d

CStatile

Re: BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master/FAQ Thread - ALL OFFERS ARE POSTED!!!

#203 Post by CStatile » January 27th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Where was Jim and Patricia Green today... I always buy that offer...
Chris Statile

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#204 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 27th, 2019, 6:18 pm

CStatile wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Where was Jim and Patricia Green today... I always buy that offer...
Yeah, I hope Jim sees how many asked for Patty Green!!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Emily Richer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: BerserkerDay 10 Master Thread - FAQ/Info/Discussion

#205 Post by Emily Richer » January 27th, 2019, 7:25 pm

CJ Beazley wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 11:08 am
I hoping for some .375’s this year...hint hint
I heard you!
Virage Napa Valley
Winemaker, Owner & Shipping Clerk

Abbie S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#206 Post by Abbie S. » January 27th, 2019, 9:53 pm

I did some damage...
I missed Navarro this year. We visited the winery in November, and I was looking forward to stocking up.
salovon

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#207 Post by Brian Tuite » January 28th, 2019, 5:09 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 6:04 pm
We pegged at a whopping 1,639 users today, and we're STILL over 1,000 users, and have been all day! That's a 25% jump on the prior record! flirtysmile

I tried to capture the moment but was too busy moving offers around and launching the groups and such, but I got close! Anybody get the exact moment??

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 10.33.53 AM.png
You know it’s busy when there are 5 guys named Todd logged in at the same time.

Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Michael Sterling
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: BerserkerDay 10 Master Thread (as featured in Forbes!) - Read This Post for FAQ

#208 Post by Michael Sterling » January 28th, 2019, 6:57 am

Alex G wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 9:25 am
Tasting and ordering. Thank you Todd and admins who make this happen.

Very nice lineup there! Hope BD was awesome for you! (I’m also a fan of that High West and Highland Park in the background)
ITB- Franny Beck Wines
https://www.frannybeck.com

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#209 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2019, 7:45 am

Participants - let folks know if your offers are still available!!!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Re: BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master/FAQ Thread - RECORDS SET!!!

#210 Post by Todd F r e n c h » January 28th, 2019, 8:32 am

I know for a fact we set all kinds of attendance records, as we destroyed the 'most users ever online' (taken each second you look at it) from 1,320 to 1,639 (25% bump!) and check out the numbers for the day overall! The 'new users' number is amazing! (click the image to see full resolution)

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.29.40 AM.png

I'll be asking for some sales numbers but many participants are still taking orders and/or tallying their results, so that won't be ready probably until next week, plus, I have to cajole them to enter the numbers because they are SO BUSY SHIPPING PRODUCT!

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#211 Post by J a y H a c k » January 29th, 2019, 8:38 pm

I want to know who bought from the largest number of different wineries. I am at 10 and depending on a couple phone calls tomorrow, I may go for a few more if I can lay some stuff off. So far, I have bought from 4 I have never even tried, just to check them out, and being a recidivist, I bought from Loring twice.

As to the statistics. Here's an interesting item. If I understand it correctly, new users increased by 5,863 while total users increased by "only" 6,206. My guess is that means that virtually everyone who participated last year participated again this year.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#212 Post by J a y H a c k » January 29th, 2019, 8:39 pm

PS - I am thinking of organizing a New York Berserkerfest Berserkerday Wine Offline, but I am getting too old for that crap, so if someone else wants to do it, I will be a consultant.

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#213 Post by Dave McIsaac » January 30th, 2019, 12:28 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:38 pm
I want to know who bought from the largest number of different wineries. I am at 10 and depending on a couple phone calls tomorrow, I may go for a few more if I can lay some stuff off. So far, I have bought from 4 I have never even tried, just to check them out, and being a recidivist, I bought from Loring twice.

As to the statistics. Here's an interesting item. If I understand it correctly, new users increased by 5,863 while total users increased by "only" 6,206. My guess is that means that virtually everyone who participated last year participated again this year.
Jay,

I bought from 15 different wineries, including 8 new ones for me.

Not in that mix, but I grabbed a case from Carlisle today as well.

Rich K0rz€nk0
GCC Member
GCC Member

#214 Post by Rich K0rz€nk0 » January 31st, 2019, 7:15 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:

Looked across my list, there were 24 different purchases. Within those, some were a mix of wineries so I get to 28 if we look at distinct wineries and not purchases.

12 are new for me this year out of those wineries.
Time Person of the Year - 2006

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#215 Post by Dave McIsaac » January 31st, 2019, 8:35 pm

Rich K0rz€nk0 wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 7:15 pm
J a y H a c k wrote:

Looked across my list, there were 24 different purchases. Within those, some were a mix of wineries so I get to 28 if we look at distinct wineries and not purchases.

That's great Rich! I would love to tilt a glass or two with you at some point. I have several friends in the Charlotte area, and hope to get down there.

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

Re: BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!!

#216 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 1st, 2019, 8:34 am

Um....

We still have 1/3 of the participants yet to vote (or thereabouts) but the anonymous sales poll (which includes quite a few at $0-500 in volume for the day, unfortunately) absolutely destroyed our last year's record of $500k...currently at around $650,000!!!!!!

Rich K0rz€nk0
GCC Member
GCC Member

#217 Post by Rich K0rz€nk0 » February 1st, 2019, 9:08 am

Dave McIsaac wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 8:35 pm
Rich K0rz€nk0 wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 7:15 pm
J a y H a c k wrote:

That's great Rich! I would love to tilt a glass or two with you at some point. I have several friends in the Charlotte area, and hope to get down there.
Appreciate that, I think that would be great, just give me a heads up and I'll make it happen. My wife is cool with the hall passes. Buddy was just in town a few weeks ago late notice, that detoured to the wine cellar and eventually scotch.
Time Person of the Year - 2006

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: BerserkerDay 10 (as featured in Forbes!) Master Thread - MASSIVE RECORDS SET!!!

#218 Post by J a y H a c k » February 4th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 8:34 am
Um....

We still have 1/3 of the participants yet to vote (or thereabouts) but the anonymous sales poll (which includes quite a few at $0-500 in volume for the day, unfortunately) absolutely destroyed our last year's record of $500k...currently at around $650,000!!!!!!
What poll? I don't see no stinking poll!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#219 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 4th, 2019, 3:38 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 8:34 am
Um....

What poll? I don't see no stinking poll!
You aren't supposed to - it's the participants/sellers - I'll try to seal it up soon

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#220 Post by Todd F r e n c h » February 4th, 2019, 3:41 pm

By my estimates, with 85% of the participants voting and taking the average for the other non-voters, we're in excess of $685,000 sold on BerserkerDay

Return to “BerserkerDay 10 Forum (January 27, 2019) #BD10 "the Black Friday of wine commerce" - Forbes”